The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 30 November 2016, 01:37 PM   #1
outtatime
"TRF" Member

Watch: Deepsea
DSOTM Strap fitment

So I'm two weeks into my DSOTM journey. After getting it on the tang buckle strap, I also added the deployant strap because people raved about it, and I also am a fan of the setup.

I seem to be plagued with one of THOSE wrists, which is precisely in-between sizes on the strap. With 3 holes remaining, it is so loose it literally spins freely around my wrist. If I move it one more hole, it is so tight it causes me pain and digs into my wrist in such a way it hits some nerve and makes my hand tingle and burn.

There is no in-between: I can either have it flop around me or cause me to be in agony.

I've been opting for the flopping-around, but I'm not really happy with that solution. What do others do? It really seems they placed those holes too far apart. Has anyone ever punched one in-between? I know it may seem like sacrilege, but if it's between "destroying" a $300 strap but being then able to enjoy a $12,000 watch, it seems like its worth it.

Scratches ≠ "Character"
outtatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2016, 03:54 PM   #2
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
I'm willing to bet getting another hole punched in between if possible is one of if not the only ways to fix this. The straps only last for so long anyway in comparison to a metal bracelet. That being said, if you have a proper punch tool or someone who can do it I would get it done.
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2016, 04:50 PM   #3
Bushido
"TRF" Member

That has to be incredibly frustrating! I'm also of the opinion that getting another hole punched into the strap seems the way to go. I have not personally dealt with needing an in between size and am unsure the best approach. Perhaps take it to an OB near you if possible and have them work up a remedy?

The watch is fantastic and it would be a shame if ruined by a strap sizing issue. Best of luck and congratulations on an otherwise excellent watch!
Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2016, 05:34 AM   #4
R.J.
"TRF" Member

Watch: milgaus gv
Same problem with me. Bought new, an Omega alligator strap and deployant clasp and can,t get a good fit. Wear the strap now on a smaller watch and the Speedy is back on the bracelet.