The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 23 September 2017, 04:26 AM   #31
AndyWright
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Deepsea
Ekiro, Your combo matches beautifully mate. Quite ballsy I'd say, but it looks great. RB is the way to go if you want a luxury product. Just to pile on the opinion wagon here, right!
Old 23 September 2017, 04:39 AM   #32
ekiro
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopez784 View Post
Absolutely not true. I have had several Rubber B straps and they have never had issues. Totally professional. Its definitely your caseback modification. Those straps are specifically sized, so even the most minute mod changes the fit. Your strap looks like its riding up. Check out social media posts #rubberb. You'll see thats not usual...
I have the same problem with the original case back installed. It's for sure the Rubber B band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytimng View Post
I can tell you right now that the blue rubber is raised up higher than the lugs. That is not a Rubber B calibration. Did you buy it from their site? Or is it possible replica?

This is good review for you:
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=557093

This thread has also a good look at both: https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...=542951&page=4
As I said earlier I purchased it directly from their website. No replicas here. I don't buy junk.

Waiting to get the Everest straps and see which looks best. Rubber B got back to me and said that is unusual. Asked for photos. Waiting for their next response.
Old 23 September 2017, 04:47 AM   #33
carava501
"TRF" Member

Never heard of your issue. Mine works just fine. You can see its lying flush in the saddle. Bezel turns.
Attached Images
File Type: png subc.png (289.4 KB, 219 views)
Old 23 September 2017, 04:57 AM   #34
carava501
"TRF" Member

Rubber B for value

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarosh View Post
Hi guys, does anyone use the rubberB strap with the OEM oyster clasp? I'm planning to do that for my BLNR when I pick it up, just wanted to know if it's the same for this buckle type? Also for those who have experienced both is there really so much for a difference between Everest and RubberB?
Yes, Rubber B is the only one that is made in Switzerland. If you don't care about honesty or design details, then there are many other copycat brands that are made in asia: everest, horus, zealand, r concept. LOL

Just pay attention to which ones say SWISS MADE inside the rubber (not "swiss rubber" or "switzerland based" b.s.
Old 23 September 2017, 05:30 AM   #35
maximilianmuller
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV/TBB
I love the Rubber B on Submariner

My rubber b strap is ok to turn the bezel, and I really like this bracelet a lot . But it is very precise with no room for any difference. Has this to do with your two-tone?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snow uhren.jpg (191.9 KB, 216 views)
Old 23 September 2017, 06:13 AM   #36
imperio
"TRF" Member

Watch: this space
Quote:
Originally Posted by carava501 View Post
Yes, Rubber B is the only one that is made in Switzerland. If you don't care about honesty or design details, then there are many other copycat brands that are made in asia: everest, horus, zealand, r concept. LOL

Just pay attention to which ones say SWISS MADE inside the rubber (not "swiss rubber" or "switzerland based" b.s.

Everest states on their website that their bands are made in Switzerland; is this untrue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 23 September 2017, 10:21 AM   #37
uncle_paul_hargis
"TRF" Member

First I'll say this: that blue strap looks awesome with your watch! But yes, like others have said, I would contact them. For that much money, it should be a flawless fit.
Old 23 September 2017, 12:02 PM   #38
Johnnymiz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperio View Post
Everest states on their website that their bands are made in Switzerland; is this untrue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would like to know the answer to this also
Old 23 September 2017, 12:16 PM   #39
ekiro
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnymiz View Post
I would like to know the answer to this also
Well it says this on Everest's about page:

Quote:
Our straps are made in Switzerland by top watch industry experts....

https://www.everestbands.com/pages/about-us
You can always contact them and ask to confirm...

EDIT: I just saw their address and it is about 2 miles away from my home! I will stop by their office tomorrow and ask questions!
Old 23 September 2017, 12:28 PM   #40
Star Ferry
Banned

Get a refund. A $250 aftermarket rubber strap should be perfect. Rubber B should read this and feel embarrassed
Old 23 September 2017, 01:44 PM   #41
bbressler
"TRF" Member

Watch: Exp, GMTII, Sub
There have been a number of people posting on threads about rubber that Everest bands aren’t made in Switzerland like Rubber B. It clearly states on their website they are. Happens so regularly now that I almost wonder if it’s Rubber B marketers or something.
Old 23 September 2017, 04:55 PM   #42
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by carava501 View Post

untrue. As others have said, Everest straps are Swiss made as well

Also, I have no idea why the others are "copycats".. none of them (including rubber B) are authorized by Rolex. If I cared, I could produce a better product within 1 month. And it would be made in China
Old 23 September 2017, 07:37 PM   #43
Starter
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
Are you saying there are common complaints about the fit of the strap to the case or the sizing on the wrist due to the number of holes?.

Two entirely different things
Agreed, absolutely two entirely different things.

I was referring to the wrist-sizing issue many people have with the tang buckle version. Although the OP is not the first person I have heard complain about a less-than-perfect integration with the watch.

In my personal experience, the Rubber B I bought for my 16570 Explorer II (pre-Supercase) fit perfectly on the watch, as well as perfectly on the SubC (Supercase), the 39mm Explorer I, and the Daytona 116500. However, neither my friend (7” wrist) nor I (7.25” wrist) could find a hole that fit. It was either tight enough to cut off blood to the hand, or so loose the watch could easily spin around the wrist. Completely counter-intuitive to how the holes appeared to be spaced... and doubly counfounding considering the quarter-inch gap between our respective wrists. Damndest thing I’ve ever seen with a strap. It’s like it was designed not to fit.
Old 24 September 2017, 09:46 AM   #44
ekiro
Banned

So my Everest band arrived today and it has the same problem Rubber B does. However I now have a hard time deciding which band to keep... what are your thoughts?

Not sure if they changed some specs on the new 116613LBs. This is the 2016 model. Im surprised both Everest and Rubber B have this issue...

Old 24 September 2017, 10:48 AM   #45
mobster600
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes
The modding looks awesome BTW
Old 24 September 2017, 10:57 AM   #46
ekiro
Banned

OK I think I found the culprit. I tried the bands on with generic aftermarket spring bars and it remedies the friction between rubber band and bezel. I'd say there is maybe a little friction there but it's a whole lot better. It appears the original rolex spring bars have thicker ends. That prevents the bracelet from wiggling. But the wiggle isn't noticable with the rubber straps. Both rubber straps (everest and rubberb) have the fiction problem when using the original rolex spring bars... Note this is a 2016 116613LB which I bought new.

Old 24 September 2017, 11:03 AM   #47
ekiro
Banned

Now that the fitment problem is solved I will likely keep the rubber B and return the everest. I think the rubberb color looks better. Everst has more strap holes to allow for better wrist fit.
Closed Thread