The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 19 October 2016, 08:08 PM   #1
PatrickJ
Banned

Made my dicision, new forum outlook.

I have made my FINAL decision to sell my Explorer 1, 39mm.

Still love the watch model with the white gold 3,6.9. I never noticed the short hands when I purchased it, neither did it bother me. However, with all the bad press every time I look at the watch now it does bother me.

Moving forward I will buy a new Rolex from an AD. However, I will not disclose the watch model neither will I post pictures of it. I want to be able to enjoy the watch, without positive or negative comments being made about the model.

I will just read forum posts and occasionally post myself. However, it will be just to compliment members or partake in light hearted conversation.

Thanks you guys

Patrick J
Old 19 October 2016, 08:13 PM   #2
MonBK
Banned

I think a "mistake" Rolex with short hands will be almost impossible to sell?
Old 19 October 2016, 08:13 PM   #3
Snow-Dweller
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: collections change
May you have and wear whatever watch makes YOU happy, and may you have and enjoy it in good health.

16803. 16570. 18038. 114300. BB58. GMW-B5000D.
Old 19 October 2016, 08:29 PM   #4
Benjo74
"TRF" Member

You know that the online criticism of the previous model explorer has been directed at the entire line, not just your specific watch, right? Not disclosing the model of your watch will not mitigate the risk that others may post negative comments about the same model, and if you intend to keep reading the forums then you will inevitably see negative comments about whichever watch you might own

For what it's worth, I never noticed the short hands until I read negative comments online, but I still think it is a great watch (I do not have one). I do know what you mean though, once someone puts a negative thought in your head it can be hard to shake it.

Hope you get to really enjoy your next watch without anyone putting you off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 19 October 2016, 08:30 PM   #5
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post
As it is a mistake, that is also a total embarrassment for the OP to wear in the sight of others, I will offer $300 for it. I only offer that much because it is a Rolex. Otherwise, the useless to its owner price would be the token sum of $1.
Old 19 October 2016, 08:31 PM   #6
PatrickJ
Banned

Thank you for your kind concern

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post
Thank you for your kind and helpful comment. It is nice to know we have members like you to provide good advice in times of need.

The price has been agreed from the dealer I purchased it from. I initially purchased it pre owned as it is a 2014 model. I will end up losing £700, but it is better to take a small hit and be happy.

Cheers
Old 19 October 2016, 08:36 PM   #7
PatrickJ
Banned

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
As it is a mistake, that is also a total embarrassment for the OP to wear in the sight of others, I will offer $300 for it. I only offer that much because it is a Rolex. Otherwise, the useless to its owner price would be the token sum of $1.
Thank you for the offer. I will decline as I have a better deal.
Old 19 October 2016, 08:37 PM   #8
PatrickJ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow-Dweller View Post
May you have and wear whatever watch makes YOU happy, and may you have and enjoy it in good health.
Old 19 October 2016, 08:44 PM   #9
PatrickJ
Banned

[QUOTE=Benjo74;7084152]You know that the online criticism of the previous model explorer has been directed at the entire line, not just your specific watch, right? Not disclosing the model of your watch will not mitigate the risk that others may post negative comments about the same model, and if you intend to keep reading the forums then you will inevitably see negative comments about whichever watch you might own

For what it's worth, I never noticed the short hands until I read negative comments online, but I still think it is a great watch (I do not have one). I do know what you mean though, once someone puts a negative thought in your head it can be hard to shake it.

Hope you get to really enjoy your next watch without anyone putting you o

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Thank you. I will enjoy the next one.

A note to all other members who post on this thread. I appreciate all your comments. However, time permitting it will not be possible to reply to all of them.

Thanks again.
Old 19 October 2016, 08:46 PM   #10
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickJ View Post
Thank you for your kind and helpful comment. It is nice to know we have members like you to provide good advice in times of need.

The price has been agreed from the dealer I purchased it from. I initially purchased it pre owned as it is a 2014 model. I will end up losing £700, but it is better to take a small hit and be happy.

Cheers
You Sir have no sense of humor whats so ever and I honestly am hoping you'll be happy with your next purchase, (although I seriously doubt it).
Closed Thread