The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 26 March 2018, 10:33 AM   #1
Swissmovement
"TRF" Member

Has anyone dealt with WatchGuy NYC?

Hi all,

I’ve never posted anything here so if this is not the right place to ask this question please someone let me know.

I googled Rolex Submariner two tone Blue dial and this site called WatchGuy NYC our of New York popped up. Has anyone dealt with this site or this person before?

Is it a trustworthy site? Can I trust them with wiring money to them and buy a new Rolex?

Any info is much appreciated.

Thank you.

Swissmovement
Swissmovement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2018, 10:52 AM   #2
Bayan2
"TRF" Member

Hi Friend, WatchGuy is a pretty nice site for buying watches but being trustworthy is what i don't know for sure but if you get to meet with a reputable seller you can go ahead with purchase probable you should buy from a long time member who has references and feedback in the site to be sure or ask the moderator for some directions to protect your interest.
Bayan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2018, 10:41 AM   #3
Swissmovement
"TRF" Member

Thank you. I sent them $11525 for a new Blue dial two tone submariner with a 2018 date on the warranty card. I’ll have to wait and see what arrived in the mail in California is where I am. Fingers crossed!
Old 9 April 2018, 09:00 AM   #4
Swissmovement
"TRF" Member

There is no way that they have in their inventory every watch on their website. Surely after they receive the online order, they go ahead and secure the watch from one of their contacts.
Old 12 April 2018, 01:45 PM   #5
Swissmovement
"TRF" Member

So, here is an update:
I mailed a check 10 days ago from Los Angeles to NY. They said they never got the check. They raised the cash price on their site by $1000 and when I called them they said the lower price was a sprig sale price due to too many in the inventory and now the price is regular price.
Old 12 April 2018, 02:04 PM   #6
Statos
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swissmovement View Post
So, here is an update:
I mailed a check 10 days ago from Los Angeles to NY. They said they never got the check. They raised the cash price on their site by $1000 and when I called them they said the lower price was a sprig sale price due to too many in the inventory and now the price is regular price.

Did you get tracking a number with the check you mailed?

If you had an agreed price when you sent the check that is what they should sell it to you for. If not tell them to take a hike.
Statos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2018, 06:57 AM   #7
05carbondrz
Banned

Quote:
So, here is an update:
Tell them they just lost a sale.
05carbondrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2018, 07:03 AM   #8
infiniteflow
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So, here is an update:
so what was the final outcome on this deal? did you end up getting it from them? I was about to purchase one from them and since I wasn't familiar with them i have been doing researches on them and happened to come across this thread.
infiniteflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2018, 10:05 AM   #9
edweather
"TRF" Member

Watch: Casio Illuminator
Please update.
Old 24 December 2018, 05:37 AM   #10
Usapatriot
"TRF" Member

Icon14 WatchguyNYC NYC Review Couldn't be happier

Hello

I just completed a purchase of a Rolex Daytona White Gold with warranty card dated 11/2018. I actually visited the store in person and it is a brick and mortar, in NYC on 47th street.

I met with the owner Anthony and then a few months later I ordered the WG. I have a zero reason to question the Watch guy. He is responsive and represents accurately. He is looking always for long term customers.

He will return calls and answer emails fairly quickly.

I would NOT shop at JOMASHOP again though.
Usapatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2018, 05:43 AM   #11
chad362wiley
"TRF" Member

Hes a broker. The stuff on his site usually isnt in stock.
Old 12 January 2019, 01:06 PM   #12
withnail_jet
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN
Hey Usapatriot or anyone else who's purchased from here – still satisfied with your purchases? Any issues with authenticity, etc?

He has a watch in stock that I'm after, and I am going to go check it out in person next week. I see generally positive reviews about him, with the gripes seeming to focus on him not always having the stock he claims on his website. I haven't seen any issues reported about fakes, but I wanted to put a feeler out there...
withnail_jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2019, 12:34 PM   #13
NeoDough
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by withnail_jet View Post
Hey Usapatriot or anyone else who's purchased from here – still satisfied with your purchases? Any issues with authenticity, etc?

He has a watch in stock that I'm after, and I am going to go check it out in person next week. I see generally positive reviews about him, with the gripes seeming to focus on him not always having the stock he claims on his website. I haven't seen any issues reported about fakes, but I wanted to put a feeler out there...
How did your transaction go?

I, too, see a watch he has listed and am wondering about his reputation. I don't see any reviews for him on Chrono24 or WUS. This was the one thread I came up with.
NeoDough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2019, 09:11 PM   #14
withnail_jet
"TRF" Member

I bailed on buying it from him because of the lack of feedback here. I just didn’t feel like going to that area of Manhattan on a wing and a prayer, tbh...
Old 26 June 2019, 07:24 AM   #15
Inderjit__
"TRF" Member

I have dealt with watchguynyc about 5 times, I’ve purchased and sold to him. I found his eBay auction for a datejust41 back in 2017. I ended up visiting his office in NYC on 47st. All my dealings have been in person, but he does have an extensive online operation. I can assure you he is legit.
Inderjit__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2019, 11:09 AM   #16
withnail_jet
"TRF" Member

Cool, thanks for this info!
Old 14 August 2019, 12:56 PM   #17
AficionadoRolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, FPJ, Rolex....
The guy is very legit. I know him and have bought and sold multiple items to him from my collection.
AficionadoRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2020, 10:23 AM   #18
MrBigSmiles
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/PAM/Rolex
I’m currently looking at patek listed by WatchguyNYC.

Has anyone purchased from them and can confirm whether they are a legit shop? I’m looking at a $44K 5235R.

Should they be able to provide certificate upon request?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MrBigSmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2020, 07:35 AM   #19
Rhinomyte76
"TRF" Member

FWIW I had an unfortunate experience with WatchguyNYC this last week.
On Friday morning, I made a purchase on the website on a piece that he appeared to have in stock.
Based upon other posts in RF and a statement on the page "Under certain circumstances, an advertised item may be out of stock" I called to follow up.
No one picked up on the for several tries and I couldn't leave a message because the voicemail was full. Strange that a place with a physical location is using a cell. A lady called me back and didn't even identify from where she was calling. She just said "I got a call from this number" I confirmed that she worked at WatchguyNYC but she couldn't give me any information and I would have to call back. I did. Same drama with the phone. At around 4PM, about 6 hours later, I called and finally got through, but it was to a call service - it wasn't even the store. This place has a physical location, and it was during business hours. Again, the lady I spoke with couldn't help me or provide any information. I decided to email, and again got no responses.
On Monday morning, I call during business hours and no one picks up again. I try a few hours later and Anthony answers. He states he will check on the item and get back to me in 30 minutes. He called back 2.5 hours later and said the item isn't in stock. Didn't offer to try to get one or anything. He did have a decent demeanor and seemed genuine. He also backed out the hold on my card very quickly.

A couple things to note about the website:
It states "We provide fast and free domestic and international shipping." That was not an option I was offered when I made my purchase.
When you buy, you have to check a box and "agree to the terms and conditions" of the purchase to check out. However, there is no place where they tell you what these terms and conditions are.
The postings have these counters where it tells you how many of that item was sold in x amount of time. These appear to be random, because if you refresh the page, the numbers change in inconsistent ways. This just seems like an unsavory way to pressure people into thinking they need to pull the trigger immediately. I just checked his page and three hours later the link to purchase the watch they are out of is operational.

Long story short, I felt jerked around. Granted my purchase was a 3.5k Tudor, nothing super high end that may have provided me with more attention. WatchguyNYC wouldn't be my first choice, at least for online sales given the unreliability of stock and the difficulty with communicating with someone at the shop that can actually provide important information. Please note that I'm not commenting on their trustworthiness, just my shopping experience. If you can go in person, or you can afford to wait to see what happens with your order or if you can't find a specific piece anywhere else, it may be worth giving them a try.
Rhinomyte76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2020, 12:14 PM   #20
artyart
"TRF" Member

Icon4 Avoid watchguynyc

These guys take months to reply back through email or text... awful service so far. The watch I wanted was in stock when I asked them, but didn't provide info on how to wire transfer. It took them 3 weeks to reply back and the watch was Out of Stock by then. Now they have it in stock, price went up by 18%. Ridiculous doing business with some person named Mig. I was planning to buy 2 watches (black dial and white dial)
THE EXPERIENCE BECAME WORSE after talking to Anthony. He said he would honor the price for the white one. Then he started saying that I was taking advantage of this situation WHEN I WAS ACTUALLY ASKING FOR THE PRICE LISTED FOR WIRE TRANSFER ON HIS WEBSITE FOR BOTH WATCHES! (I've uploaded screenshots as well). He then started saying "I can't please every customer". After that, he thought I was a watch dealer because I was buying 2 watches and even asked what I did for a living. . I was buying one for myself and my wife. He finally said he will do it and asked me to delete the review. ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING! I don't trust these people! AVOID!
black1.JPG

white1.JPG
artyart is offline   Reply With Quote