The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 24 October 2021, 11:33 PM   #31
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
I would have to check but believe mine is typed (u series). Interestingly enough the name and date of purchase were not filled out, but had the AD stamp. The watch was gifted to me. This may have been a “gift” as of something went wrong one could enter a better date. But o don’t know if it was an oversight or done intentionally. I don’t think these things were so rigid back in the day.
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2021, 11:18 AM   #32
16610Swiss
Banned

10000000% incorrect papers for the 16610. Papers might be original but not from the 16610 era...They had a blank and wrote the information in, but NEVER ever reference 16610 had those papers ESPECIALLY when everything is hand written... SPRINGER showed the US and non US papers and THAT is all they made for the 16610... Nice watch from what I see so far even though you haven't showed the rest of the condition, but at the end of the day it is watch and box. Papers NOPE...

EDIT... Saw the watch on omega forums after reading here again and the watch is nice and original. Nice example BUT the papers is wrong... AND whats up with the hang tag???? That is for a 4 digit reference...
16610Swiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2021, 07:36 AM   #33
FrenchBigCrown
"TRF" Member

Interesting thread.

I always believed that any/all COSC Rolexes should have the 'long' (Chrono Certified) papers (like springer included) but I have seen two 1680s (white (5million) 1680s) with the shorter (non-COSC) papers - but punched with the serial number.

Both from the far east - one still in the possession of the original owner (a friend of my dad) who bought the watch in 1978 while stationed in Kowloon.

So...

I realise this isn't the same 'discussion' as hand-written papers - but it/they certainly threw me a curve-ball - and questioned what I'd always believed to be the case.
FrenchBigCrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2021, 11:33 AM   #34
Thuilln
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunylw View Post
That paper, while incorrect, was written recently. There is no age at all on the paper or ink. It looks like it was written yesterday, and it’s supposed to be 20 years old?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’d say 30 years old…

Old 27 October 2021, 11:40 AM   #35
16610Swiss
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuilln View Post
i’d say 30 years old…
16610Swiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2021, 10:21 PM   #36
Thuilln
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16610Swiss View Post
Right..
I was talking about the hand written date, not the paper per se.

Old 26 January 2022, 02:42 PM   #37
southtexas
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
I was reviewing your post where the watch was listed for sale on the Omega Forums. I found the handwritten green hang tag interesting - it is something that I have never seen before. These tags are typed not handwritten.

So the seller is telling you it is correct but it has handwritten incorrect papers and an incorrect non typed handwritten hang tag. It is all quite interesting in my opinion. While it all might very well have been handwritten by a dealer on the wrong warranty paper and the added hand written hang tag, it is quite unusual indeed and incorrect.

Good luck with the sale.
Not to mention- unless the seller was the original buyer, how can he even claim to know how that particular watch was originally papered? If not, then what? The seller he bought it from told him it was so?

Follow me on Instagram @ccrolex
southtexas is offline   Reply With Quote