The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 24 November 2017, 09:32 AM   #31
kngzfrd
"TRF" Member

This is from Los Angeles Watch Works... before and after ...check out their IG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 24 November 2017, 09:53 AM   #32
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by THerzl View Post
Thank for the understanding, mate.. this makes sense

So no way to talk to the man who's working on your watch at RSC? Also not if you're bringing in the watch personally? Curious to these horror stories btw...
Let's be clear. At the RSC, there is no one man working on your watch. There are several men/women who perform different tasks to service your watch movement and refinish the case/bracelet. You have no idea who they are, their experience level, and can't directly communicate with them.

An independent CW21 such as Vanessa Contreras or Rik Dietel perform ALL the work on your watch-movement service, case/bracelet refinish, final timing of the movement and accuracy check. They are fully accessible by phone or email while your watch is in their possession, and all your questions are answered because they are more accountable for their work. Their business survives on happy customers. The RSC can bugger up a watch here and there and they won't have to worry about being put out of business.
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2017, 09:57 AM   #33
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THerzl View Post
If it's there for a movement service, it'd be a nice addition if it comes back with shine and luster. Knowing (almost) no material had been sacrificed for a few swirls. This isn't really a weird concern
Not weird at all, but it's not going to be to your liking I'm afraid.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2017, 12:11 PM   #34
mtgjr
Banned

Watch: Pepsi GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauffee View Post
On the other hand, if you send it to LA WatchWorks, Vanessa, Rik Dietel, etc you know exactly who's doing the work. You can talk to them and tell them your concerns, point out the specific spots that bother you, and have them explain exactly what they're planning to do. These folks have Rolex parts accounts so they get the same abrasives the RSC uses and they are extremely talented at what they do. It would make me sleep easier at night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblu10 View Post
An independent CW21 such as Vanessa Contreras or Rik Dietel perform ALL the work on your watch-movement service, case/bracelet refinish, final timing of the movement and accuracy check. They are fully accessible by phone or email while your watch is in their possession, and all your questions are answered because they are more accountable for their work. Their business survives on happy customers. The RSC can bugger up a watch here and there and they won't have to worry about being put out of business.
These gentlemen speak the truth. Just call Rik Dietel, or your CW21/CMW21 watchmaker.....with Rolex parts account....trained in Rolex refinishing/finish techniques....of your choice, and be done with your ninny worrying once and for all. The questions you have, and continue to have, can be answered with a quick phone call to Rik at Timecare, Inc. Trust me....I speak from experience, and the experience of several others on this forum.
mtgjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2017, 03:41 PM   #35
Egelber
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 114060 2019
Ok happy thangggeting. I have had a lot to drink. are you talking about polish sasauges? I'm confused
Egelber is offline   Reply With Quote