The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 24 November 2017, 06:51 AM   #31
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
For leather I 'd go with dangerous9straps
Old 24 November 2017, 08:41 AM   #32
Chute
"TRF" Member

Watch: 6 digit Rolex+APRO
I only have experience with rubberB on a GMTIIc and on a Daytona and both had the rubber B tang buckle. One thing I did not like was the way the watch felt top heavy on the lightweight rubber bracelet. It’s possible using the Rolex clasp will correct for this but I’m not sure. Either way, wearing them on a rubber bracelet made me appreciate the design of a Rolex on its own steel oyster bracelet. The weight of the metal bracelet gives the watch a more balanced feel on the wrist.
Chute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2017, 08:45 AM   #33
douglasf13
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chute View Post
I only have experience with rubberB on a GMTIIc and on a Daytona and both had the rubber B tang buckle. One thing I did not like was the way the watch felt top heavy on the lightweight rubber bracelet. It’s possible using the Rolex clasp will correct for this but I’m not sure. Either way, wearing them on a rubber bracelet made me appreciate the design of a Rolex on its own steel oyster bracelet. The weight of the metal bracelet gives the watch a more balanced feel on the wrist.
Interesting. I didn’t have too much of an issue with this, although I used them on slightly lighter 5-digit watches. Do you wear the strap loose?
douglasf13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2017, 09:52 AM   #34
mineral
"TRF" Member

I highly recommend Everest band as the rubber is soft and don’t attract any dust at all
Old 24 November 2017, 11:37 PM   #35
GnarKing
"TRF" Member

I have really been inpresssed with the RubberB on my Submariner ref. 114960. Did a quick review on my blog if you are interested.

http://colawatch.com/2017/11/23/revi...ex-submariner/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GnarKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2017, 04:58 AM   #36
manman_h17
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglasf13 View Post
Having owned both, Everest and RubberB both have positives and negatives. I personally prefer RubberB, but it really comes down to personal preference. Here's what I wrote in an earlier post:

"I own both the Rubber B and Everest with tang buckles. I went tang buckle because it seems less bulky and I wouldn't have to switch the clasp back and forth.

- The Everest has a nicer buckle, but I think it's a little too bulky, so I slightly prefer the Rubber B's buckle (although I've been using other 3rd buckles that I have laying around.)

- The Everest has tang holes closer together, which is nice, but it's also a longer strap, so I prefer the shorter length of the Rubber for my nearly 7" wrist.

- The Everest is softer rubber, but it's also a bit lighter in color (in black.) I actually prefer the Rubber B's firmness, feel and taper.

- The taper and angle off the lug of the Rubber B works better for my wrist size, but YMMV.

Overall, I prefer the Rubber B, which surprised me after reading so many reviews. I purchased both in the past 6 months, and I wear the Rubber B much more on my 16570. If my wrist were larger, or I had a maxi-case watch, maybe my opinion would change. Not sure. "
100% dead on. However, people will like what they like. I own Rubber B myself and believe they are of superior quality but don't see the need to bash either, or. At the end we are all watch fans and are here to share and learn right?
manman_h17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2017, 07:53 AM   #37
10klakes
"TRF" Member

Watch: Collector
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadridv View Post
Ive been very happy with Everest! Expensive? Yes, but not relatively speaking. I have Oysterflex in my SS Daytona too which cost me twice the price of an Everest btw.
Thanks for the pics- the 500c on Oysterflex is incredible. Did you order from an AD? Did they use your buckle from the Rolex bracelet or did it come with a replacement when you received the Oysterflex?

I have tried the GMTIIC (BLNR) on Everest rubber and do like/recommend their straps. Comfortable, sporty, and a nice fit.
10klakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2017, 06:22 AM   #38
moorery2001
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master II
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnarKing View Post
I have really been inpresssed with the RubberB on my Submariner ref. 114960. Did a quick review on my blog if you are interested.

http://colawatch.com/2017/11/23/revi...ex-submariner/

Excellent Review
moorery2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2017, 02:26 AM   #39
poldino
"TRF" Member

I totally love the look and feel of rolex on rubber.
I own few modern rolex on oysterflex (YM and YG DaytonaC) and Everest strap (BMTII BLRO and SS DaytonaC) and I actually prefer the comfort of Everest over the OysterFlex.
The OysterFlex is tricky to size and its "fins" don't really help with comfort, at least in my opinion: if the bracelet is too tight they tend to squeeze too much, if it is too loose they don't work anymore, and my wrist tends to swell quite a bit so the fit is never perfect.
Everest on the other hand has great quality and fit, it feels really high quality and slides well on the arm without becoming sticky with sweat, unfortunately the tang buckle version is a bit long for my relatively small wrist (so there is quite a lot of strap left unused).
I am looking forward to trying both OysterFlex and Everest (clasp version) with the glidelock clasp - that could allow for adequate adjustment on the go, and RubberB too, I have never seen it in person so far.

FYI: Everest and RubberB do NOT fit properly vintage sub and gmt (tried with 60s-80s era watches): the lug holes are too far from the case, so the strap mounts but doesn't stay "attached" to the case, thus defeating their purpose (they will look a bit off, but not too bad overall unless you have a really tiny wrist).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2460_lores.jpg (276.2 KB, 198 views)
poldino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2017, 01:24 PM   #40
cdeboer
"TRF" Member

Rubber Bracelet for Ladies Yachtmaster

I would love but cannot find a rubber bracelet for a ladies 29mm yacht master watch, case #69623. Neither Everest or Rubber B make a small bracelet/strap. Any other ideas?
cdeboer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2017, 02:14 PM   #41
mineral
"TRF" Member

Everest strap is one of the best out there and work very well with Rolex sport model. I just have it installed on my coke gmt and YM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10 December 2017, 02:45 PM   #42
Bladeshot
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT 1675 PCG Gilt
Everest. Definitely. I’ve had Rubber B and prefer Everest bands.

Old 10 December 2017, 03:25 PM   #43
The_Watch_Clocker
Banned

everest. they are $226 or so and not expensive -

i have tried cheaper ones for kicks and they are garbage.

hourus straps straight up suck. they feel horrible.
The_Watch_Clocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2017, 05:23 PM   #44
WatchObsess
"TRF" Member

Not many choices for Panerai. However, I love my watch on Rubber B. Just ordered a black one. Wish they made brown ones too

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk
WatchObsess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2017, 10:01 PM   #45
poldino
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdeboer View Post
I would love but cannot find a rubber bracelet for a ladies 29mm yacht master watch, case #69623. Neither Everest or Rubber B make a small bracelet/strap. Any other ideas?
Bonetto Cinturini makes several models in 14mm width - that I think it's the right size for the 29mm yacht master.
They are high quality rubber, however as far as I know they don't make any strap custom-shaped for rolex (like Everest or RubberB do).
poldino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2017, 03:29 AM   #46
waterman1
2024 Pledge Member

I’ve had both. Prefer Everest. Softer rubber and better hole spacing. Hoping they produce a strap for the sd43 very soon!
waterman1 is offline   Reply With Quote