The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 9 June 2017, 11:09 AM   #151
jon_jon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pp5575 View Post
How about this yellow color for special dial.

Attachment 868227
This yellow looks nice on an enamel dome clock. However I can't quite picture it on a men's watch. It would look nice on a ladies enamel dial watch though.
jon_jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2017, 06:59 PM   #152
sprezzatura
"TRF" Member

Watch: Root Beer GMT
Brian: what kind of special order is this? If sky is the limit, I would put my imagination and money on a custom 5711a (or any white metal, really) with a special-color dial (olive green?).

Not only will you be the coolest kid on the block for quite some time, your progeny will thank you profusely when they buy a small-sized tropical island with the auction proceedings.

PS: My bad! I've just read more attentively the previous pages, and it seems that a custom Nautilus model is not in the cards. I would still stick with a shade of green - a dark one, no less - for the custom dial color, though!
sprezzatura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2017, 02:15 AM   #153
pp5575
Banned

Watch: 5131G
How about special dial on world time 5230G?
pp5575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2017, 02:19 AM   #154
pp5575
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprezzatura View Post
Brian: what kind of special order is this? If sky is the limit, I would put my imagination and money on a custom 5711a (or any white metal, really) with a special-color dial (olive green?).

Not only will you be the coolest kid on the block for quite some time, your progeny will thank you profusely when they buy a small-sized tropical island with the auction proceedings.

PS: My bad! I've just read more attentively the previous pages, and it seems that a custom Nautilus model is not in the cards. I would still stick with a shade of green - a dark one, no less - for the custom dial color, though!
PP will not take any special order for sport watch now.

Thank you for your suggestion.
Old 14 June 2017, 04:54 AM   #155
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Quote:
PP will not take any special order for sport watch now.

Thank you for your suggestion.
Man that sucks, was planning to sell half of my assets and watches to order a salmon dial 5711P I would love to have one which is chameleon and would go from salmon to slightly purple if they can do that
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2017, 08:51 AM   #156
jon_jon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
How about special dial on world time 5230G?
That is an interesting idea! Perhaps a green or red center or even a hand-painted enamel center? The 5230 is only a year old, but I bet Patek would definitely do a special dial 5230.
Old 14 June 2017, 10:13 AM   #157
pp5575
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_jon View Post
That is an interesting idea! Perhaps a green or red center or even a hand-painted enamel center? The 5230 is only a year old, but I bet Patek would definitely do a special dial 5230.
I will try on 5230G. Maybe engraving or enamel dragon in the center of the dial.

5230g- special-green.jpg
Old 14 June 2017, 11:12 AM   #158
jon_jon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I will try on 5230G. Maybe engraving or enamel dragon in the center of the dial.

Attachment 869207
I like the idea of an enamel hand-painted dragon or engraved dragon in the center of the dial. A darker green (like emerald or jade green) would be a nice background color.

How about a hand-painted picture like this in enamel for the center of the dial? And perhaps replace Hong Kong with Taipei on the city wheel and have the city name in red.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chinese dragon.jpg (8.0 KB, 251 views)
Old 14 June 2017, 12:27 PM   #159
pp5575
Banned

Quote:
I like the idea of an enamel hand-painted dragon or engraved dragon in the center of the dial. A darker green (like emerald or jade green) would be a nice background color.

How about a hand-painted picture like this in enamel for the center of the dial? And perhaps replace Hong Kong with Taipei on the city wheel and have the city name in red.
How about this green?

5230g-Dark green.jpg
Old 14 June 2017, 01:36 PM   #160
jon_jon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
How about this green?

Attachment 869217
This darker green looks better.
Old 14 June 2017, 02:06 PM   #161
pp5575
Banned

Quote:
This darker green looks better.
How about these Dragons.

Dragon-2.jpg

Dragon-s.jpg
Old 14 June 2017, 02:21 PM   #162
jon_jon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
How about these Dragons.

Attachment 869225

Attachment 869226
Both look great The yellow one is more of an artistic drawing and would look nice in enamel. The red one looks like a simple drawing and may be more appropriate for an engraved dial.
Old 14 June 2017, 02:22 PM   #163
goog53
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex-Patek-AP
Quote:
How about these Dragons.

Attachment 869225

Attachment 869226
The Red Dragon is very cool. The first one to me looks a bit like a cartoon.

"The best watch in the world is the one that's on your wrist." Morgan King

"Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" Rocky Balboa
goog53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2017, 04:33 PM   #164
topcat30093
"TRF" Member

Love the thought of a Dragon on the inner part of the dial.
But especially like the suggestion of having Tapei on the city wheel and highlighted in red.
Old 14 June 2017, 09:27 PM   #165
KarlS
Banned

Quote:

Attachment 869207
This started as a special dial not a special commission!!! Next thing you will be asking for Anita Porchet to do the enamelling... I think when we start getting into special guilloche to special enamelling unless you are prepared to pay an eye watering amount, you may wait as long for this commission as your enamel piece!!
KarlS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2017, 01:32 AM   #166
pp5575
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlS View Post
This started as a special dial not a special commission!!! Next thing you will be asking for Anita Porchet to do the enamelling... I think when we start getting into special guilloche to special enamelling unless you are prepared to pay an eye watering amount, you may wait as long for this commission as your enamel piece!!
Jamie said:

A special commission would be making a watch in a different metal, for example a stainless steel 5078, these are hardly ever approved.

A special dial would be to make an existing reference with a dial that is unique for you, for example 5230G with salmon dial.
Old 15 June 2017, 01:41 AM   #167
KarlS
Banned

Quote:
Jamie said:

A special commission would be making a watch in a different metal, for example a stainless steel 5078, these are hardly ever approved.

A special dial would be to make an existing reference with a dial that is unique for you, for example 5230G with salmon dial.
Yip...same guilloche different colour!!! Maybe adding breguet or batons but not deciding u needed sans serif and then having enamelling of the zodiac!! Anyway give it a bash!
KarlS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2017, 01:55 AM   #168
pp5575
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlS View Post
Yip...same guilloche different colour!!! Maybe adding breguet or batons but not deciding u needed sans serif and then having enamelling of the zodiac!! Anyway give it a bash!
Why people are asking 5078 in stainless instead of platinum? Is it cheaper or other reasons?
Old 15 June 2017, 01:08 PM   #169
jon_jon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Why people are asking 5078 in stainless instead of platinum? Is it cheaper or other reasons?
Besides the Nautilus and Aquanaut, Patek does not commonly use a SS case, especially in their complicated watches. The 5960/1A is an exception.

So a Patek Grand Complication watch in a SS case would be quite rare, whereas one in platinum would be relatively more common.
Old 15 June 2017, 01:16 PM   #170
pp5575
Banned

Quote:
Besides the Nautilus and Aquanaut, Patek does not commonly use a SS case, especially in their complicated watches. The 5960/1A is an exception.

So a Patek Grand Complication watch in a SS case would be quite rare, whereas one in platinum would be relatively more common.
I like platinum more than SS, Even SS is rare.

how do you think what special color dial to match 5270R, 5270G, 5271P, 5961R and 5961P?
Old 15 June 2017, 02:33 PM   #171
goog53
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex-Patek-AP
You said you wanted automatic so do a 5961P and use the colors you like (Red and Green). Pick one color for the dial and the other for Bezel, Markers, and Deployant (Emeralds or Rubies).

"The best watch in the world is the one that's on your wrist." Morgan King

"Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" Rocky Balboa
goog53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2017, 05:08 PM   #172
pp5575
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by goog53 View Post
You said you wanted automatic so do a 5961P and use the colors you like (Red and Green). Pick one color for the dial and the other for Bezel, Markers, and Deployant (Emeralds or Rubies).
Thank you Mike. You keep truck of my record. 5961p is quite heavy. Maybe 5961R. I decide to go 5230G first. Then maybe 5961R. Then 5270 or 5271p. see which one M.D. WILL support me.
Old 27 June 2017, 02:35 PM   #173
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Quote:
Hi Arnaud and Tony:

It is a quite upset story. Just don't like to talk it again. I just know I can't use my 5016P for around two years is not right and it doesn't matter what reason that PP had. It is unacceptable and inconvenient.

Now I am happy with simple models.
I love what you consider "simple models", for me your watches are nothing simple, but of course compared to a minute repeater, especially the one you had, then yes they qualify as simple models

Quote:
Originally Posted by goog53 View Post
No special dial for this guy. I can't even get an Advanced Research Piece
I will gladly be part of Brian's design team and maybe one of my dream watches can be created for him
Well if you need help from the head of my Voutilainen design office, don't hesitate to ask our friend Dimitry, de66, who was on the project from day one, and he was great, giving me advice and his opinion on everything, even making a few photoshop pics to show me what he means and all that. Dimitry buddy, thanks a lot for all the time and energy you put into this

Quote:
Mike has salmon dial, but I don't have it.

I am still thinking which watch to choose for a special dial.
Maybe a 5370P, and either blue or salmon dial, though I think it would be nicer in blue on that model.
Anyways good luck my friend, pretty sure it will be amazing, but please, not too many diamonds, ok?

lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2017, 03:05 PM   #174
pp5575
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
I love what you consider "simple models", for me your watches are nothing simple, but of course compared to a minute repeater, especially the one you had, then yes they qualify as simple models

Well if you need help from the head of my Voutilainen design office, don't hesitate to ask our friend Dimitry, de66, who was on the project from day one, and he was great, giving me advice and his opinion on everything, even making a few photoshop pics to show me what he means and all that. Dimitry buddy, thanks a lot for all the time and energy you put into this

Maybe a 5370P, and either blue or salmon dial, though I think it would be nicer in blue on that model.
Anyways good luck my friend, pretty sure it will be amazing, but please, not too many diamonds, ok?

5370P is a new model watch. PP will not accept it for special dial at the moment.

Too many rules on a special dial. It is hard to pick a good model to order the special dial.