The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 4 July 2017, 09:48 AM   #31
nyc2la
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16660
Is it really impossible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busyboy View Post
Love it

6 and 8 o'clock markers used to really bug me - and was all too uneven - now I just see depth... and more to love

Last edited by nyc2la; 4 July 2017 at 09:50 AM.. Reason: Double post
nyc2la is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2017, 11:00 AM   #32
Sheldor
"TRF" Member

Interestingly enough, I'm in a similar situation (albeit in the US). I was initially deciding between the 5167 and the 5711 and after deciding on the 5711, I've been waiting for about 8 months without any end in sight (wasn't even given an approximate) at an AD (recently stopped by and was told I keep moving down as preferred customers get the item).

I have tried contacting multiple other dealers close to my family members and visiting them in person. The responses I have received: 1) >3-4 years, 2) no more people being added to the list, 3) please buy another watch (usually Rolex or lower budget) and then we will put you on a list with money down.

So now I'm back to square one as well...kinda of discouraging entry into Patek...
Sheldor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2017, 03:06 PM   #33
Helmi
"TRF" Member

I am suffering from the same problem. My name is on few lists but almost no hope. I guess I will end up buying from grey market at a premium. If only I can put my name on the certificate of origin
Helmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2017, 03:29 PM   #34
dr.ns23
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15202
Thanks to you all!
Some of the posts here are making me wonder if it is really worth it.
Anyways I won't pay premium so if I ever get it and don't like it I won't regret it.
I will just keep trying and calling different ADs in the hope of finiding it. I will also try to build a relationship with some ADs.
I understand Patek's strategy but I think they are over doing it and this is just making grey dealers, with all my respect, benefit and make money out of people who simply love the watch and want to own it.
Good luck to all of us. And again if anyone here knows of an AD that might be able to help please do tell me by either a private message or by posting here. Thanks
dr.ns23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2017, 05:24 PM   #35
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goog53 View Post
You have a standard 5711/1A?

Well no, but I haven't said anything that doesn't apply to a standard 5711/1A.
I am firmly of the belief that the 5711 is a stunner and equal to the hype - in any guise.
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2017, 01:45 AM   #36
Rolex_Ry
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, Patek, Rolex
The 5711 is defintely a beautiful watch in person, but as some have said it does get borrowing quite quickly (at least for me). I ended up buying the 5712/1A and love it! Best of luck!
Rolex_Ry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2017, 06:20 AM   #37
Murcielagoboy2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeopardy View Post
Thanks for your reply. Do you mind sharing your ADs info with me?

Boodles, London.
I've bought quite a few PPs from them since 2011 and I kinda ordered this one in passing last year when picking up a 5146j.
FYI they told me they won't take any names on their waiting lists who they don't already know for ANY Nautilus because they've got so many names they don't want to insult new people quoting silly delivery times. They said Nautilus demand is ridiculous and being in London they've got customers coming in from all over the world asking for them.

I agree with Thierry - do NOT increase production - if PP make more of these, then this is all they will be known for. A one model manufacturer like AP.
Murcielagoboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2017, 06:30 AM   #38
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Who really knows the story on the 5711/1A. I bought one new in 2013 from my US AD and they said they only got another one in 2016. Now that creates long waiting lists.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2017, 08:10 AM   #39
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
My AD told le that if I got mine it was because I had bought a 5167R, without that one no chance for me to have gotten it...
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2017, 08:29 AM   #40
KarlS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
My AD told le that if I got mine it was because I had bought a 5167R, without that one no chance for me to have gotten it...
For buying a 5167R he should have guaranteed you a 5131R!!!
KarlS is offline   Reply With Quote