The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 1 May 2017, 12:58 PM   #61
sir_will
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc2la View Post
Here is an excerpt from the email from Patek sent to my AD, in which they asked if I would accept a white dial as a replacement:

"Good morning!

I shared your customer letter with our head watchmaker. Here are his comments:

“I wonder if the client was given the proper instructions of how to properly set and manipulate his watch. He says he manually tried to move the day over using the corrector but did he set it to 6AM each time? He may have inadvertently caused damage.“

I have no idea when we’ll be receiving another blue dial…would he take the white as a replacement?"
sometime I wish I would have a better AD,,,
I having the feeling that they don't even bother to raise the problem to PP.
They just send my watch in like a normal watch fix, didn't explain the situations that I just purchased my watch brand new in less than two days and find out the issue.
the AD I brough feel like buying blackmarket,,,, no service at all.... no call no update... very shitty feeling😩
sir_will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2017, 01:49 PM   #62
Benjamin Choi
"TRF" Member

Patek Philippe quality control issue

You should be provided two options. 1 full refund. 2 fixed as new. Not having the optionS makes patek and your ad look like amateurs. Sad really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Benjamin Choi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2017, 02:53 PM   #63
sir_will
"TRF" Member

and does anyone can confirm the following?
my sales said because i raise this issue and share my experience online, in his opinion , Patek will not be happy about it and would blacklist my name and ban me any chance later on to purchase any limited edition or highly sought after Patek model, no matter how much more I purchase from an AD, I am very surprise by hear what he said to me regarding this.
So you can not share your experience with Patek if that was a bad one? otherwise you will be blacklist? anyone can confirm this?
thanks
Old 1 May 2017, 03:57 PM   #64
PatekSF
"TRF" Member

Watch: what I like to do
Probably not a smart idea to bash PP + their AD regarding QC on the internet (read by thousands around the globe), then expect to purchase a hard-to-get reference or be approved for an application piece.

Doubt if you will be "blacklisted", but your reservation or application my continuously fall to the back of the line.

My .02
Old 1 May 2017, 08:01 PM   #65
Donjo
"TRF" Member

Find a new AD
Donjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2017, 08:28 PM   #66
Tony64
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donjo View Post
Find a new AD
^^^ This.
Tony64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2017, 04:07 AM   #67
madmax21
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master ll
Not a super fan of Patek Philippe a beautiful watch no doubt and the quality is extraordinary however it's just not my Cup of tea. Frankly Speaking I'm finding more and more that luxury watches are being made in a mass-produced fashion, by this I mean they're making more of them trying to find ways to maximize production and there's always a cost associated with it.

Rolex is no exception I had an issue when I bought my GMT Master II a few years back and found the service to be nowhere near what it was say 15-20 years ago.

I to believe that that is unacceptable for a watch at that price range.
Old 2 May 2017, 04:12 AM   #68
madmax21
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master ll
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_will View Post
sometime I wish I would have a better AD,,,
I having the feeling that they don't even bother to raise the problem to PP.
They just send my watch in like a normal watch fix, didn't explain the situations that I just purchased my watch brand new in less than two days and find out the issue.
the AD I brough feel like buying blackmarket,,,, no service at all.... no call no update... very shitty feeling😩
I agree....
Old 2 May 2017, 04:27 AM   #69
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
WELL, you are stuck now because they have your watch and who knows when it will actually come back. This is shameful for a brand new watch at that price, and with PP reputation. Shameful. I feel bad for you.

Quote:
my sales said because i raise this issue and share my experience online, in his opinion , Patek will not be happy about it and would blacklist my name and ban me any chance later on to purchase any limited edition or highly sought after Patek model, no matter how much more I purchase from an AD, I am very surprise by hear what he said to me regarding this.
So you can not share your experience with Patek if that was a bad one? otherwise you will be blacklist? anyone can confirm this?
thanks
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2017, 04:39 AM   #70
sir_will
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax21 View Post
Not a super fan of Patek Philippe a beautiful watch no doubt and the quality is extraordinary however it's just not my Cup of tea. Frankly Speaking I'm finding more and more that luxury watches are being made in a mass-produced fashion, by this I mean they're making more of them trying to find ways to maximize production and there's always a cost associated with it.

Rolex is no exception I had an issue when I bought my GMT Master II a few years back and found the service to be nowhere near what it was say 15-20 years ago.

I to believe that that is unacceptable for a watch at that price range.
tend to agree... And it's seems the inflation make things so different now,,, hard to find a real people watch company that treat customers first...
Old 2 May 2017, 04:40 AM   #71
sir_will
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus49 View Post
WELL, you are stuck now because they have your watch and who knows when it will actually come back. This is shameful for a brand new watch at that price, and with PP reputation. Shameful. I feel bad for you.
you are pretty dame correct on the words Stuck............
that's exactly how I fell like............
Old 2 May 2017, 08:48 AM   #72
Lemieux66
"TRF" Member

Watch: $10 Casio
All businesses occasionally come up short but it's how they deal with problem when they occur that lasts in the memory of the customer.

Feel sorry for the buyer, terrible treatment all round. From what I've read here, PP have gone down in my estimation.
Lemieux66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2017, 11:47 AM   #73
JorgeCCW
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Patek and AP
What goes around comes around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Nothing happens until something moves "
Albert Einstein
JorgeCCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2017, 04:54 AM   #74
jopek
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek, IWC , Rolex
Oh dear.
I feel so sad and deflated on your behalf.
Goes back to some previous posts about need for independent verification such as Geneva Seal as opposed to self certified.
jopek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2017, 05:45 AM   #75
Havfun
"TRF" Member

i wonder if you have any recourse through the credit card you charged it on. i would call them and check.
you may have a shot
Havfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2017, 06:04 AM   #76
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyTuomas View Post
I would simply return it and ask for a refund. "Fixing" a 65k watch is unacceptable.
Insane you mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathavudp View Post
yes I could happen ! there is no perfection not only PATEK but also other high end brand I can confirm. In this case, you probably find out other defects when the watch returns. It s handmade. Just enjoys and wear it. Maybe you should think that it gives your watch character honestly. However, PP will serve you perfectly for fixing this defect.
Not the case it seems

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopek View Post
Oh dear.
I feel so sad and deflated on your behalf.
Goes back to some previous posts about need for independent verification such as Geneva Seal as opposed to self certified.
Of course PP seal is a joke, how can a company put a quality seal on it's own things
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2017, 06:11 AM   #77
lapince
"TRF" Member

About PP not being happy about you saying this online, sure I can imagine they are not happy that it is revealed to the public such huge QC problem, and how they calmly just will change the rotor in a little less than 6 months, a shame for any company, your rotor replacement should be dealt with in absolute priority for you to get back your watch in due time, shameful on QC and on handling it, I would have written a letter to Thierry Stern long ago...
Old 18 May 2017, 02:25 PM   #78
jackal981
"TRF" Member

Watch: RM FPJ PP AP R
Quote:
finally an update from the sales,
expect to received the watch at the end of June.
more than four months of repair time, I though it was just some polishing issue.....
I think they need to replace the whole thing since it is scratched not just some polishing issue hence why it took so long. But for this to happen on 65K watch is totally unacceptable
jackal981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2017, 04:07 PM   #79
KarlS
Banned

Obviously more to the story! A simple scratch in the rotor is a simple swap out at the Hong Kong service cente!
KarlS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2017, 07:12 PM   #80
SpeedyTuomas
"TRF" Member

Quote:
thanks
I don't think PP cares what an anonymous user on a chat board writes. Still, I would ask for a full refund and find a better AD.
SpeedyTuomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2017, 07:42 PM   #81
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlS View Post
Obviously more to the story! A simple scratch in the rotor is a simple swap out at the Hong Kong service cente!
I kind of agree, if it was only the rotor changing it takes what, a whole hour at most?
Old 19 May 2017, 03:37 AM   #82
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Buying sealed

I personally cannot understand the hype over buying watches sealed in plastic and here the box as well. If its screwed up in any way you can tell when you handle it before your fork over your hard earned cash. Once the papers are filled out it then is your headache. Does anybody buy a car that way? Inspect and inspect. Take your loupe to the shop. Only take it subject to your personal approval. Buying sealed you get what you got.

PP has a strict policy against delivering watches sealed to customers and this is one of the reasons why. I understand in the US they are completely unsealing at Stern before sending out to ADs.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2017, 03:49 AM   #83
walds11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
I personally cannot understand the hype over buying watches sealed in plastic and here the box as well. If its screwed up in any way you can tell when you handle it before your fork over your hard earned cash. Once the papers are filled out it then is your headache. Does anybody buy a car that way? Inspect and inspect. Take your loupe to the shop. Only take it subject to your personal approval. Buying sealed you get what you got.

PP has a strict policy against delivering watches sealed to customers and this is one of the reasons why. I understand in the US they are completely unsealing at Stern before sending out to ADs.
Well said I cannot understand the hype either...for sellers, sealed commands a premuim and buyers like to pay the premium to break the seal
Old 19 May 2017, 01:58 PM   #84
KarlS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
Well said I cannot understand the hype either...for sellers, sealed commands a premuim and buyers like to pay the premium to break the seal
I think it's more the case of knowing when it's sealed it hasn't been used as a shop demo model, worn to the opera by the staff and as "new" as when it left the factory!!

If I order a car then I expect to be the first to drive it out the dealership versus it having being taken for a test spin by 30 people before me
KarlS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2017, 03:56 PM   #85
topcat30093
"TRF" Member

^^^^^^^^
Karl, I could not have said it better.
Old 19 May 2017, 11:05 PM   #86
pd999
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemieux66 View Post
From what I've read here, PP have gone down in my estimation.
Such a shame
pd999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2017, 08:29 AM   #87
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Still do not understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlS View Post
I think it's more the case of knowing when it's sealed it hasn't been used as a shop demo model, worn to the opera by the staff and as "new" as when it left the factory!!

If I order a car then I expect to be the first to drive it out the dealership versus it having being taken for a test spin by 30 people before me
Checking out mechanical devices before you buy is just common sense. PP
owners want the watch sealed. Fine, just do not complain on the internet the watch has some scratch when you finally inspect the watch.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2017, 09:08 AM   #88
topcat30093
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
Checking out mechanical devices before you buy is just common sense. PP owners want the watch sealed. Fine
Fully agree
But some of us still like to unseal the watch ourselves and then give the watch a good examination using a loupe.
Old 20 May 2017, 10:28 AM   #89
Tony64
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat30093 View Post
Fully agree
But some of us still like to unseal the watch ourselves and then give the watch a good examination using a loupe.
Ok, but when you open the seal and detect a defect (while still at the AD) aren't you then still obligated to take delivery? I've purchased new from various AD's but never a sealed watch. I'm just curious about the process.

Personally breaking the seal does nothing at all for me, and certainly not worth a premium.
Tony64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2017, 12:34 PM   #90
topcat30093
"TRF" Member

^^^^^^^
No obligation,if I found something wrong I would just hand it back and let them sort it out.
Not sure what you mean by paying a premium?
As I never had to pay extra for cutting the seal.