The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 2 July 2017, 12:43 AM   #1
MrBenF
"TRF" Member

Sales person invited to tour PP factory

I visited my local AD yesterday to enquire about the 5320. The young sales person was very friendly and we got chatting. Mentioned that she's still learning about Patek and has only been in the watch industry for about a year. And then she casually mentioned that she's going to Geneva shortly to tour Patek's factory. So I replied that she must be a high-performer since it's a real privilege. She responded that because she speaks Chinese she's been selected along with a few clients. In my experience, most sales are Chinese these days, so it's not a unique attribute.

Question: is it common for young sales ppl and clients to tour Patek's factory? Is it something that all sales ppl do as part of their training? Does this extend to other brands?

Note:
They have not received any 5320G yet but the first one is due in Sep. There's interest (expected) but I will see it when it comes in.
5711/1A - 4/5 yr waitlist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MrBenF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2017, 02:05 AM   #2
sirish19
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP-VC-AP
I was talking to my AD in Tokyo and he said that most of their sales reps do take a tour of the factory. They usually go on a rotation so I am sure that it is based somehow on performance, seniority, potential or something like that.

I recently went on a tour of the AP manufacturing site with a number of other customers (my account of the entire trip to Switzerland is documented with photos in the AP Forum), but there were not any sales reps on that tour, only clients.
Old 3 July 2017, 02:24 AM   #3
jon_jon
"TRF" Member

From what I have heard, Patek AD salespeople go through several tiers of levels of training and/or certification. At different stages, they will get more extensive training at a Patek facility. In the US, that often involves the HSWA, but it also involves a trip to Geneva.

When I joined a group of collectors invited by our US AD to tour the Geneva factory last year, we noticed several other visiting groups at the cafeteria. I overhead that one was a group of AD salespeople. I believe Mrs. Sandrine Stern was at their table for lunch.
jon_jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2017, 03:42 AM   #4
KarlS
Banned

Jon Jon is 100% correct. As for OP comment on 5320 I collect mine on 24 Septdmber so that sounds correct.
KarlS is offline   Reply With Quote