The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13 May 2018, 05:58 PM   #1
andrewjb88
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16302 Rolex OP
Inherited my first Rolex

Hi all, first post.

I've never been a watch wearer but me and my sister have inherited 2x Rolex after our father passed away a month ago. Both are Oyster Perpetual Datejust. Looking for some advice.

The one I have inherited my dad wore everyday, its not been serviced since 2002 but is still working fine, I have used the Toolwatch app and it seems to be running +11-13spd. The case and bracelet are scratched as it was worn everyday.

The one my sister has got is a slightly more expensive one, this has diamonds on the face. This watch was serviced in 2013. He hardly wore this one so the case and bracelet are spotless, the second hand however jumps slightly so its obvious it requires attention (i haven't checked the accuracy of it yet).

Both were purchased from John Pass Crewe store, I believe the one I have was John Pass's personal watch for a while. Both have been serviced through John Pass and been sent off to Rolex.

John Pass has quoted somewhere in the region of £600 each for them to be sent off to Rolex and a 14 week turnaround (2 week of which is taking them from Crewe to Newcastle-Under-Lyme store)

Would you recommend using Rolex for the servicing or a good independent accredited service? if Rolex can I deal directly with the service centre in Kent? I'm actually based in Milton Keynes but my mum/sister are in Crewe hence John Pass being used.

We also have a Tag and 2x Gucci that need servicing.
andrewjb88 is offline   Reply With Quote