The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 23 September 2016, 02:18 AM   #1
gios
"TRF" Member

Help me

Hi there, i inherited a rolex from my father who died 22 years ago. I went to a store to certify that its not fake so i cant declare it to my insurance company and they said that they certify it because they cant really see the last 2 digits. When i asked them if they think that somebody did this on purpose they said that, it seems like when they tried to polish it they polished the numbers and they cant really see them. I asked them again if it seems like stolen and therefore tried to hide the serial numbers and they said, we cant be sure but we dont think so. Now, my question is what do i do? How can i certify my rolex? Who do i contact? I dont have any experience with watches and especially with rolex. Any help would really be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
gios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2016, 04:28 AM   #2
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: GMT's
If it is original and authentic, Rolex can compare the serial number of the movement and match it to the case serial.

Also, there are many chemical processes that can bring up the stamped numbers, even if they are invisible to the naked eye.

Not sure why somebody needs what they are asking for to "certify" that it is a Rolex watch. It either is, or it isn't, regardless
Old 23 September 2016, 04:38 AM   #3
sfc rick
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1680 Sub in white
Most AD's require a fee to write up an appraisal, The AD will do what's needed to verify it. Pay the fee and let them work it out. Otherwise you WILL NOT be successful in determining what the watch is and therefore NOT going to satisfy your insurance agent.
sfc rick is offline   Reply With Quote