The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 13 April 2018, 02:49 AM   #1
GMT2Lover
"TRF" Member

Late Father-In-Law's Root Beer. Pls educated me about this watch

Good Morning,

My late FIL left behind this Root Beer.

1) Where can I get it serviced and what should I direct the watchmaker to do or not to do?

2) All papers (including receipt) and original box are in good shape. What can I do to preserve them?

3) How will the release of the 2018 Root Beer impact the significance of this watch?

The watch and papers are with my Bro in Law, so can't check the ref number/date of purchase.

Thank you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15541942_10154190160385318_2158440007888291955_n.jpg (49.3 KB, 222 views)
GMT2Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2018, 03:30 AM   #2
VintageVagabound
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT2Lover View Post
Good Morning,

My late FIL left behind this Root Beer.

1) Where can I get it serviced and what should I direct the watchmaker to do or not to do?

2) All papers (including receipt) and original box are in good shape. What can I do to preserve them?

3) How will the release of the 2018 Root Beer impact the significance of this watch?

The watch and papers are with my Bro in Law, so can't check the ref number/date of purchase.

Thank you!
Plenty of service options but if it’s running well just let it be. Keep the box and papers in a cool dry place. I don’t think the new root beer release has had a huge impact on the older one. “Impact the significance” sounds like “will this increase in value?”. It’s hard to say because “what’s hot” changes quickly. GMT’s seem to be “in” right now and I’d guess that your watch with all the paperwork and accoutrements is probably around 10.5k
VintageVagabound is offline   Reply With Quote