ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 13 April 2018, 08:01 AM   #91
SgWatchBaron
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ref 6265 PN Panda
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubKing View Post
First,

You have personally attacked a sale thread of mine over on VRF calling out a part of mine as being fake. I then had to reach out to mods and Eric personally to have him confirm my part was indeed authentic, then he had to delete your comment from my thread. After speaking with other collectors, I quickly realized this is a common practice, for you to police all threads and on frequent occasion, calling out fake towards authentic parts from respected forum members. I am speaking on this because you have personally done it to me. So in my eyes, this takes away any and all credibility from anything that comes out of your mouth.

Second, If you feel ripping apart my personal 6538 for having service parts or make me out to be illiterate will help further prove your point about red subs; it won't. It only shows your true character.

I happen to love my 6538 and enjoy it every day, service parts and all.

Wow. So I did have the pleasure of making your acquaintance after all. I’m sorry but it must have been so insignificant that I don’t recall it. If your beef is with me, take it up with me. But please don’t insult the hobby that we both enjoy. Distorting the truth about the production numbers of the FF red sub and the true value of the FF red sub as a means to align yourself against me isn’t healthy for you, for me and the community at large.

If you had reached out to me and asked for an apology like a normal person, I would’ve given you one there and then. There’s no shame in admitting I was wrong, quite the opposite actually. VRF/TRF are all platforms for learning, and discussion. If my call was wrong, I learn from it, and if it was right, we learn from it. It then becomes knowledge that would aid me and/or you in the future. Since this was my fault, my sincerest apologies for the mistake made at your expense and I hope your sale went well.

As for your 6538, I’ve no qualms with it. However, I’ve got qualms about you asking me to collect stamps instead.

I hope with this chapter now behind us, we can move the discussion back towards an educated debate of the true value of FF red subs vs MF red subs.
Old 13 April 2018, 08:13 AM   #92
scooba
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattedialdoc View Post
Beautiful casework !!

------
Instagram: @mattedialdoc
Thankyou kind Sir,

I have been considering selling it , But now I don’t know what to do
scooba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2018, 08:18 AM   #93
scooba
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgWatchBaron View Post
Stunning case and set. Out of the 11 FF Red Subs I own, only 3 are unpolished.
To Clarify ,

Andrew Said mine has been lightly Detailed , But Thankyou for the kind words, I like it and think it’s a amazing set and 22,500 seams cheap now , The Case is very strong the case back did have engraving on it according to the Guarantee card but that has been polished to remove it .
scooba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2018, 08:37 AM   #94
mattedialdoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooba View Post
To Clarify ,

Andrew Said mine has been lightly Detailed ....

Likely Beaus handiwork. Looks terrific.

------
Instagram: @mattedialdoc
mattedialdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2018, 09:58 AM   #95
SubKing
"TRF" Member

Watch: where do i start??
Quote:
Wow. So I did have the pleasure of making your acquaintance after all. I’m sorry but it must have been so insignificant that I don’t recall it. If your beef is with me, take it up with me. But please don’t insult the hobby that we both enjoy. Distorting the truth about the production numbers of the FF red sub and the true value of the FF red sub as a means to align yourself against me isn’t healthy for you, for me and the community at large.

If you had reached out to me and asked for an apology like a normal person, I would’ve given you one there and then. There’s no shame in admitting I was wrong, quite the opposite actually. VRF/TRF are all platforms for learning, and discussion. If my call was wrong, I learn from it, and if it was right, we learn from it. It then becomes knowledge that would aid me and/or you in the future. Since this was my fault, my sincerest apologies for the mistake made at your expense and I hope your sale went well.

As for your 6538, I’ve no qualms with it. However, I’ve got qualms about you asking me to collect stamps instead.

I hope with this chapter now behind us, we can move the discussion back towards an educated debate of the true value of FF red subs vs MF red subs.
are you kidding me? you think I was distorting the truth about production numbers just to be against you? with your 60+ posts before you joined this thread and have been a member for all of 2 years makes me think you are more of a troll than anything else.. I can tell you this much, I may be a lot of things but one thing I know for sure I'm not is a manipulator.

I been a member here for over a decade and would like to think more of my posts have had a lot more meaning than your 60 posts before this thread.

If you think its ok to insult me then to apologize all within the same paragraph makes us cool, you're wrong.

Just your way of getting the last word in.

You started this thread wrong from the beginning. Calling another member a rookie is just flat out rude. If you have nothing nice to say than to just join a thread to put down another member, that's called being a troll, That also raised a flag and it made me remember what kind of person you are, so it's only fair that you deserved my comment, based on what you did to me on VRF. It ended there and the rest was for honest debate about reds..

Bragging about all your watches is in very poor taste.. Acting like a know it all, twisting every word that I was saying all for the sake of honest discussion that you turned into made up personal attacks.

You accused me of purposely trying to drive prices down of meters first subs because you think i'm trying to sell a slew of red ft first subs, then you accuse me of using all of that debating as a form of personal attacks against you. You're nothing short of a conspiracy theorist and a know it all..

I was actually trying to have an honest conversation with an irrational person, being you.

You are not an expert, you put your foot in your mouth more times than I can count. Your opinions are not valued and the best you can do is lie and attack a particular watch from my collection?

So with all that being said, I take it back, you shouldn't collect stamps, I think you should collect Gum wrappers instead.
SubKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2018, 09:58 AM   #96
swish77
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the time!
Well, this thread certainly took an interesting turn.

Getting back to the main topic, I think we can all agree that dealers/sellers of meters-first Subs (red 1680s and 5512/5513s) certainly ask more money than similar condition feet-first models. However, it's up to individual buyers to determine whether meters-first Subs are worth the extra money. For me, and apparently others, they're not; for some hobbyists/collectors, that little detail is worth paying more for, which is fine too, of course.

Now I need a hug.
swish77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2018, 10:07 AM   #97
SubKing
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swish77 View Post
Well, this thread certainly took an interesting turn.

Getting back to the main topic, I think we can all agree that dealers/sellers of meters-first Subs (red 1680s and 5512/5513s) certainly ask more money than similar condition feet-first models. However, it's up to individual buyers to determine whether meters-first Subs are worth the extra money. For me, and apparently others, they're not; for some hobbyists/collectors, that little detail is worth paying more for, which is fine too, of course.

Now I need a hug.
glad someone gets what I was trying to say.

hug? how about a big fat wet kiss?
Old 13 April 2018, 10:26 AM   #98
swish77
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
glad someone gets what I was trying to say.

hug? how about a big fat wet kiss?
OK, but only if I get to wear your 6538 for a week!
Old 13 April 2018, 10:33 AM   #99
SubKing
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Are you sure you want to be seen with it? It does have a service dial.
Old 13 April 2018, 10:57 AM   #100
Kingface66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1966 Rolex 5513
Quote:
I think you should let this rookie here hold on to it while you guys are out on the town. And I promise not to sell it....though, I can't imagine who'd want it with that awful dial...
Kingface66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2018, 11:33 AM   #101
05carbondrz
Banned

Quote:
Man I just noticed the bottom half of this post. And I feel slighted, and frankly maligned.

Yeah I’m the same Baron from VRF. However, I don’t recall my posts being taken down for wrongly calling out fakes. In fact I don’t have that good an eye or the gall to call out fakes. I merely call out non members who do not post proof of ownership or contravene with other rules about posting. Needless to say 1/10 of the people I call out are proven to be scammers and are subsequently banned from the site. I think that’s a pretty good statistic. Not sure if you know how a forum operates Sherlock. But in the real world, where most of us live, when the main post is deleted, my reply post calling out the main post is gone as well.

Stamps? I’m sorry, but I don’t find that interesting at all. I much prefer to collect paintings and cars in addition to watches. FYI, if I was a guy that had a sad looking big crown submariner as my display picture that has replacement parts, I wouldn’t dare call myself the Submariner King. LOL. Much less, be recommending people for a change of hobby.
So 9 times out of 10 You are wrong and that’s a GOOD statistic?
05carbondrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2018, 02:56 PM   #102
Autavian
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roh123 View Post
Each to their own. In my opinion the meters first red subs will fetch a much higher price as they are much, much more collectible. For less than perfect condition I can imagine the spread is smaller as there aren’t buyers around that would value meters first higher than a similar feet first.

We don’t need to agree on this. I will just congratulate whoever finds a perfect meters first for the same price as a later version.

I agree with you here 100%

True vintage geeks, were looking for a nice meters first red sub, mk 1 mf preferred always. Of course as with everything in our hobby, comes the question of price.

FF 1680 red subs will always come second to a mf and priced will reflect the diff. Ff will never catch up to the mf, same goes with 5513s imho.

Email:Autaviano@gmail.com
Autavian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2018, 03:45 PM   #103
themaninblack
"TRF" Member

Not sure where this thread is going. I do like my reds though, any which way!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 688FA139-64EE-43D3-A830-67E078A5A47F.jpeg (176.2 KB, 156 views)
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2018, 03:46 PM   #104
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Styles Bitchley View Post
Even for a Mk5? I didn't know they were still producing them in the mid to late '70s.
I've had date stamped C&I USA rivet bracelets as late as 1979.

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2018, 04:58 PM   #105
SgWatchBaron
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05carbondrz View Post
So 9 times out of 10 You are wrong and that’s a GOOD statistic?

Man, you really need to learn how to read. I believe I said that 1/10 are discovered to be scammers, meaning they aren’t able to provide proof of ownership and eventually get banned. The other 9/10 eventually do provide some proof of ownership one way or another.
Old 13 April 2018, 04:59 PM   #106
SgWatchBaron
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooba View Post
To Clarify ,

Andrew Said mine has been lightly Detailed , But Thankyou for the kind words, I like it and think it’s a amazing set and 22,500 seams cheap now , The Case is very strong the case back did have engraving on it according to the Guarantee card but that has been polished to remove it .

Crown guards are still very strong. You’ve got a great piece!
Old 13 April 2018, 05:06 PM   #107
SgWatchBaron
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by autavian View Post
i agree with you here 100%

true vintage geeks, were looking for a nice meters first red sub, mk 1 mf preferred always. Of course as with everything in our hobby, comes the question of price.

Ff 1680 red subs will always come second to a mf and priced will reflect the diff. Ff will never catch up to the mf, same goes with 5513s imho.

+1
Old 13 April 2018, 05:35 PM   #108
chows99
"TRF" Member

With such strong prices of red subs, I will be happy to afford any model be it FF or MF as long as it's in good condition.

With prices going in such a trajectory very soon most vintage Rolex sport models will be out of reach for average income collectors. Abit sad truth be told.
chows99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2018, 09:05 PM   #109
Styles Bitchley
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1680
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
I've had date stamped C&I USA rivet bracelets as late as 1979.

I love how much I learn on this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Styles Bitchley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2018, 10:14 PM   #110
mattedialdoc
"TRF" Member

Meters first anything is better. I love MF. So cool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mattedialdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2018, 10:56 PM   #111
SubKing
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autavian View Post
I agree with you here 100%

True vintage geeks, were looking for a nice meters first red sub, mk 1 mf preferred always. Of course as with everything in our hobby, comes the question of price.

FF 1680 red subs will always come second to a mf and priced will reflect the diff. Ff will never catch up to the mf, same goes with 5513s imho.
E. my brother,
you have to admit that the FF reds have narrowed the gap of price difference between MF and FF in recent years. So in other words, the FF has increased in price at a more exponential rate than the MF variants.

Which is why I had said it seems to be catching up. Certainly not even in terms of value, but also not as far apart in price as they were years ago from each other.
Old 13 April 2018, 11:03 PM   #112
roh123
"TRF" Member

Watch: Gilt Rolex
Quote:
E. my brother,
you have to admit that the FF reds have narrowed the gap of price difference between MF and FF in recent years. So in other words, the FF has increased in price at a more exponential rate than the MF variants.

Which is why I had said it seems to be catching up. Certainly not even in terms of value, but also not as far apart in price as they were years ago from each other.
Please share what you believe to be the price for a top condition watch only meters first red sub and a feet first. I am eager to see how you price them.
Old 13 April 2018, 11:21 PM   #113
themaninblack
"TRF" Member

Quote:
E. my brother,

Can’t agree. I think meters first have forged ahead in my experience. YMMV.
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2018, 11:51 PM   #114
SgWatchBaron
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Can’t agree. I think meters first have forged ahead in my experience. YMMV.

30% premium in my opinion.
Old 14 April 2018, 12:36 AM   #115
SubKing
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roh123 View Post
Please share what you believe to be the price for a top condition watch only meters first red sub and a feet first. I am eager to see how you price them.
It's hard to answer your question.. there are just too many factors and specifics. A price for an uncommon "perfect" or "Top" condition example doesn't come along every day. The price is relative. It's worth what ever someone is willing to pay for it, in that particular case. Some times a perfect example sells for way over market just because of it's uncommon nature. where else would you find one? so you have to pay to play in that case.

I just follow the trends and when I see very high priced examples of particular models, they tend to just sit and sit and sit on the market day after day, week after week until that one person comes along that personally wants that particular piece bad enough and they pull the trigger. But that's a case by case basis depending on the piece itself and certainly not market value.

These are all my opinions and certainly not fact as I never stated it to be fact, but there are new interested collectors growing daily that love vintage rolex. I feel majority of them aren't attracted to the premiums that MF examples demand.

I myself have been collecting for a long time and have even owned a couple MF examples in my day, but today with prices being where they are, I just cannot justify spending that much extra for a MF over a FT unless there is a tropical factor involved.

I feel and again this is my personal opinion, that the DRSD craze has toned down over the years, the attention as of late is a lot of red sub hype. I think I have seen similar with MF examples as well.

Lets face it, I for one don't have unlimited funds and its very hard to have this hobby today with prices being where they are. So instead of adding 3 to 4 watches per year to my collection, I'm lucky if I get 1 worthy example to add that's within reason.

The piece on HQ, who knows when it will sell and what the actual selling price would be. That's between jacek and the buyer, we can only speculate.
Old 14 April 2018, 01:14 AM   #116
cajunboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV, red1680
Quote:
30% premium in my opinion.
Agreed! Meter first will always be more value over feet first. Kinda like 1974 red sub over white sub.
cajunboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2018, 01:51 AM   #117
redordead
"TRF" Member

Im trying to buy both, and for same condition would prob pay 20% over for MF
redordead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2018, 02:19 AM   #118
swish77
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattedialdoc View Post
Meters first anything is better. I love MF. So cool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I can see why Yanks would feel this way, but you need to remember that us Europeans (I'm a Scotsman living in the NYC area) find references to meters to be insignificant and commonplace. I don't find meters-first to be cooler at all. To each their own, of course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunboy View Post
Agreed! Meter first will always be more value over feet first. Kinda like 1974 red sub over white sub.
A red vs. white Sub is a different discussion altogether. A line of a red text on a dial actually adds something visually interesting. The order of a depth rating does not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autavian View Post
True vintage geeks, were looking for a nice meters first red sub, mk 1 mf preferred always.
I consider myself a "true vintage geek," and have been called one often, but I have never pursued a watch purely based on the order of the depth rating. My mantra is "condition, condition, condition," and then, can I afford it. If it happens to be an MF, great. But if it's a FF, that's the one I'll buy.
Old 14 April 2018, 02:27 AM   #119
SgWatchBaron
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redordead View Post
Im trying to buy both, and for same condition would prob pay 20% over for MF

+1 hope you get it my friend.
Old 14 April 2018, 02:43 AM   #120
HERITAGE82
"TRF" Member