The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11 February 2020, 06:12 AM   #1
sdiver68
"TRF" Member

Patience on Purchase?

So I like to think I'm a kinder, gentler and much more patient version of myself from years past. However, some things just try my patience so I thought I'd get others take if I'm being unreasonable to expect better. And yes, vent a bit.

< 2/3/20: Sometime before last Monday, 2/3 a BNIB Rolex with full papers is listed in TRF and other places

2/4/20: I notice watch, do my research and reference checks, and decide to pursue it. Seller has excellent feedback across multiple forums and sales channels. Also, its an actual company not a private individual. Contact him via TRF PM

2/5/20: We agree on price and terms. Wire Transfer, Next Day delivery. We agree on a price a little less than price advertised here but more than price advertised on another site. I like to be fair in my negotiations for the longer term relationship.

2/6/20: Go to credit union at 11am, money wired out of my account at around 1:30 pm since they are slow with manual wire processes. Sent seller picture copy of wire order to be on the lookout for it. Seller responds let me check. Last I hear from him that day. No big deal I expect to hear in the morning.

2/7/20: Contact seller at Noon, ask for him to confirm receipt of money. Answer "Let me check." No response after that. Call seller at 3pm, states yes he received it and forgot to text. States watch will go right out for Saturday 2/8 delivery

2/8/20: No tracking number, no communication and you guessed it...no watch. Seller states mix-up at Fed Ex office. I ask for tracking number, none given. Call seller, he gives me a tracking number but it's for an Envelope...not a box...and does NOT indicate package is in FedEx possession. Tracking number was created late Saturday, 2/8.

2/9/20: Not worried, excellent references, expect it all to be straightened out first thing Monday, 2/10

2/10/20: Call seller who claims watch is still at FedEx office. I ask why my tracking number is for envelope not box and tracking states label only created. Seller says he will go get it straightened out and that scans don't happen until the evening.

So now I wait to see if a scan happens tonight.

Am I right to be concerned and on the verge of being not too happy? Or is that jumping the shark a bit?
sdiver68 is offline   Reply With Quote