The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 27 March 2020, 07:50 PM   #1
1675-David
"TRF" Member

Did I miss the Blueberry Memo

Blueberry inserts were discussed to death a few months ago and a conclusion of sorts was reached in the community that the blueberry insert was not a authentic Rolex part, have I missed a plot twist, as I see them reapearing in the market in the last week, one on Instagram and one from HQ Milton, both for a premium
1675-David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 07:56 PM   #2
aczaja10
"TRF" Member

I just saw that HQ Milton sent me an email with one. Not sure if anything has changed or they are hoping everyone forgot.
aczaja10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 08:03 PM   #3
BigBlue1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: it pal !
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1675-David View Post
Blueberry inserts were discussed to death a few months ago and a conclusion of sorts was reached in the community that the blueberry insert was not a authentic Rolex part, have I missed a plot twist, as I see them reapearing in the market in the last week, one on Instagram and one from HQ Milton, both for a premium
I saw the one HQ is selling.
I don’t know the answer, but I guess everyone’s entitled to their own opinion on that subject. I hope this thread doesn’t go south :)
I myself have in the past wanted to purchase one which at Today’s price point, I don’t see myself spending that kind of coin on an insert that seems to have very little provenance.

Just my opinion, as is anyone else’s response to this question as I have not and I can be wrong so don’t t quote me have yet to see any documentation. This does not mean it isn’t authentic. I could type up a huge synopsis on the insert, but In the end it would leave me with more questions then answers. They still are cool though. Shrouded in mystery they remain.

Hypochondria is the only disease I haven't got
RIP Mikey
BigBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 08:28 PM   #4
1675-David
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue1 View Post
I don’t know the answer, but I guess everyone’s entitled to their own opinion on that subject. I hope this thread doesn’t go south :)
I myself have in the past wanted to purchase one which at Today’s price point, I don’t see myself spending that kind of coin on an insert that seems to have very little provenance.

Just my opinion, as is anyone else’s response to this question as I have not and I can be wrong so don’t t quote me have yet to see any documentation. This does not mean it isn’t authentic. I could type up a huge synopsis on the insert, but In the end it would leave me with more questions then answers. They still are cool though. Shrouded in mystery they remain.
I too love the look, I was wondering if anything new had surfaced that shed more light on the mystery of "Blueberry" insert to convince a dealer like HQ Milton to put one on the market.
Old 27 March 2020, 08:28 PM   #5
aczaja10
"TRF" Member

Mysterious indeed. I love the look as well. And, if i am being honest, the mystery adds to the charm. I would just hate to spend that much of a premium and find out that it was not authentic or never was.
aczaja10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 08:52 PM   #6
BigBlue1

I would tread very cautiously because I know Peter is out there lurking in the shadows.

RIP Mikey
Old 27 March 2020, 08:54 PM   #7
BigBlue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1675-David View Post
I too love the look, I was wondering if anything new had surfaced that shed more light on the mystery of "Blueberry" insert to convince a dealer like HQ Milton to put one on the market.
I know at one point they had a petition going but don't know the end result.

HQ Milton guarantees 100 percent the authenticity of any time piece they sell and offer a refund. I guess you could email them and see what there response is to how they have determined the insert to be 100 percent authentic.

RIP Mikey
Old 27 March 2020, 10:10 PM   #8
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Did you think the dealers were just going to throw there blueberrys away lol....no wait till the fake posts die down and try to find a sucker.....the dealer way!!!
1665fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 11:24 PM   #9
77T

I must say credit is due. The last few that sold had spanking new looking blue inserts.

This latest one’s insert has been distressed to better fit the age of the watch...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 11:40 PM   #10
Dan S
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I know at one point they had a petition going but don't know the end result.

HQ Milton guarantees 100 percent the authenticity of any time piece they sell and offer a refund. I guess you could email them and see what there response is to how they have determined the insert to be 100 percent authentic.
Most likely the practical meaning of the authenticity guarantee is that they will give you a refund if you demonstrate that a watch you purchased is not authentic. I don't think they need to PROVE that the insert is authentic, because obviously nobody has been able to do that. It's buyer beware.
Old 28 March 2020, 12:16 AM   #11
Paulie 50
"TRF" Member

Quote:

If you think that they are cool, why not buy a cheap after market one off the net? I'm sure no one will notice. One is just like another; and you have the added bonus of not having your trousers pulled down and your A... well and truly smacked.
Paulie 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2020, 12:53 AM   #12
johnliley
2024 Pledge Member

I have about 5 inserts for my 16710 and yes I have a blueberry too. I just call it the “Not Batman” My watch my fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 28 March 2020, 01:10 AM   #13
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnliley View Post
I have about 5 inserts for my 16710 and yes I have a blueberry too. I just call it the “Not Batman” My watch my fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Out of curiosity is that like a 40$ ebay part or did you pay blueberry prices for that insert?? If one can’t get a BLNR it’s not a bad look....I have a nice faded original coke insert on mine so not sure I would do that but it’s does look cool
Old 28 March 2020, 01:32 AM   #14
BigBlue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan S View Post
Most likely the practical meaning of the authenticity guarantee is that they will give you a refund if you demonstrate that a watch you purchased is not authentic. I don't think they need to PROVE that the insert is authentic, because obviously nobody has been able to do that. It's buyer beware.
Exactly

RIP Mikey
Old 28 March 2020, 01:52 AM   #15
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Posted this in the other topic:

Just saw this as well, I'm sure it will be gone ASAP. I wonder if it's one they sold before, have to check the serial.

Edit: They sold this one before. Dials are identical (12 o clock 2 small dots/marks and the hands)

https://www.hqmilton.com/timepieces/...lueberry-A2468

Current listing

Sold

Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2020, 01:58 AM   #16
Paulie 50
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahlberg View Post
Posted this in the other topic:

Just saw this as well, I'm sure it will be gone ASAP. I wonder if it's one they sold before, have to check the serial.

Edit: They sold this one before. Dials are identical (12 o clock 2 small dots/marks and the hands)

https://www.hqmilton.com/timepieces/...lueberry-A2468

Current listing

Sold

Old 28 March 2020, 02:14 AM   #17
carwashchris
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Vintage DD'S
There are a couple on C24 right now, 32k and 45k
carwashchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2020, 02:17 AM   #18
TimeLord2

Watch: GMT Master 1675/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie 50 View Post
Here we go again. Kidding! Markings on dial look the same but what happened to the crown guards?
TimeLord2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2020, 02:51 AM   #19
Paulie 50
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2 View Post
Here we go again. Kidding! Markings on dial look the same but what happened to the crown guards?
What about the marks on the hands and the insert.
Old 28 March 2020, 03:12 AM   #20
Kingface66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1966 Rolex 5513
Quote:
It's the same watch. Clearly.

What I find somewhat troubling is that HQ never addressed this topic when it boiled over a few months ago (and after they sold MANY Blueberries), and doesn't seem interested in dealing with it now. If anything, ignoring this, espically as a dealer, can only harm their integrity.
Kingface66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2020, 03:21 AM   #21
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
The blueberry insert has been chemically bleached - whether genuine or not.

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2020, 03:21 AM   #22
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingface66 View Post

What I find somewhat troubling is that HQ never addressed this topic when it boiled over a few months ago (and after they sold MANY Blueberries), and doesn't seem interested in dealing with it now. If anything, ignoring this, espically as a dealer, can only harm their integrity.
It’s hard to tell people they are aftermarket when you have made 6 figures plus off them... probably a returned watch because of the insert
Old 28 March 2020, 03:26 AM   #23
Kingface66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1966 Rolex 5513
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1665fan View Post
It’s hard to tell people they are aftermarket when you have made 6 figures plus off them... probably a returned watch because of the insert
Oh, no doubt! I totally agree. It just sucks that, if that's true, then it simply tells everyone out there "We can't verify these inserts because we have no idea."
Kingface66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2020, 03:57 AM   #24
1675-David
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingface66 View Post

Totally agree, presumably, if you inquire about this watch and ask about the hefty price tag you are not going to hear the complete and transparent truth as part of the sales pitch. I can't say I'm not a bit dissapointed
Old 28 March 2020, 04:02 AM   #25
Paulie 50
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
The blueberry insert has been chemically bleached - whether genuine or not.
I was only agreeing that the photo's were indeed of the same Watch. Has there been something lost in the translation?
Old 28 March 2020, 04:48 AM   #26
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Quote:
I was only agreeing that the photo's were indeed of the same Watch. Has there been something lost in the translation?
Yes there was. Your comment shouldn't have been included with my insert comment.

I have now edited my post.

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2020, 05:17 AM   #27
TimeLord2

Watch: GMT Master 1675/3
Quote:
I was agreeing with you Pauli. Just reminiscing about the Blueberry thread from several months back. Good times!
TimeLord2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2020, 05:54 AM   #28
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Hands are the exact same hands....insert has been artificially faded as springer has said.....soo throw it in the sun light or bleach solution for 3-4 months let it all blow over and try to resell....there’s a radial with all red hand blueberry on eBay(it’s just missing the UAE logo)lol
Old 28 March 2020, 06:02 AM   #29
3sheets86
"TRF" Member

Quote:
If you think that they are cool, why not buy a cheap after market one off the net? I'm sure no one will notice. One is just like another; and you have the added bonus of not having your trousers pulled down and your A... well and truly smacked.
Haha, I knew you had to be from the North of England just by reading that statement!
3sheets86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2020, 06:27 AM   #30
Paulie 50
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
Yes there was. Your comment shouldn't have been included with my insert comment.

I have now edited my post.
Sorry John.