The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 11 February 2020, 05:18 PM   #1
Bruin20
"TRF" Member

Bracelet gap?

Recently been shopping at the AD and noticed that most if not all the titanium watches had bracelets that did not fill the end links into the lugs perfectly to the point where you could see the spring bar showing.

All the steel models had perfect fitment with no gap on the end links. Does anyone know if this is due to some sort of manufacturing tolerance with the titanium?

The only titanium model that didn’t have a gap was the hi beat gmt with the 44gs case
Bruin20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2020, 06:19 PM   #2
base2
"TRF" Member

Which models are you talking about? I can attest that all of the titanium Grand Seikos I've seen have well-fitted bracelets. Granted, this is not an exhaustive list, but I'd be very surprised if any were wrong. I haven't inspected non-Grand Seikos much, however, but it's safe to say it isn't a restriction on the material or Seiko's manufacturing – it would be cost, if anything. I just checked my Snowflake and the bracelet fits a hair looser than my GMT-Master, nowhere near seeing spring bars.
base2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2020, 03:01 AM   #3
pickettt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Shiny One
Quote:
Originally Posted by base2 View Post
I just checked my Snowflake and the bracelet fits a hair looser than my GMT-Master, nowhere near seeing spring bars.
I agree. Though Grand Seiko bracelets do not fit as tight between the lugs as Rolex, you cannot see the spring bars (at least on none of my watches.)
pickettt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2020, 04:35 AM   #4
Bruin20
"TRF" Member

This was on a snowflake, a winter, and a spring. The 44GS case had perfect fitment. The issue was only present on the top end link
Bruin20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2020, 02:28 PM   #5
toxicavenger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seiko's
I have never seen this issue before. Are you sure the case edge above the bracelet wasn't polished and you were seeing the reflection?
toxicavenger is offline   Reply With Quote