The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 13 October 2021, 02:40 PM   #61
Arwhin
"TRF" Member

The shop guys are like my mates by now, they shared every information about this watch. The watch was never serviced just as RSC, too, reported.

Just waiting for RSC-Singapore or Rolex HQ to update me on the next step forward:

1) Collect the watch and never to go back to RSC-Singapore
OR

2) Pay anywhere from $3500 onwards and get it serviced and give in to all their demands from herein till watch is ready (they were also suggesting $5000 on bracelet change that excludes servicing - total around $7500 for a routine service work that out)
OR

3) RSC-Singapore continue service with the initial quote without doing anything to the clasp (this will be scenario I hope for, not holding my breath though)

Let's see. Shocking this coming out from a RSC and not from an indie.
Arwhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2021, 03:02 PM   #62
Divingdeep87
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwhin View Post
The shop guys are like my mates by now, they shared every information about this watch. The watch was never serviced just as RSC, too, reported.

Just waiting for RSC-Singapore or Rolex HQ to update me on the next step forward:

1) Collect the watch and never to go back to RSC-Singapore
OR

2) Pay anywhere from $3500 onwards and get it serviced and give in to all their demands from herein till watch is ready (they were also suggesting $5000 on bracelet change that excludes servicing - total around $7500 for a routine service work that out)
OR

3) RSC-Singapore continue service with the initial quote without doing anything to the clasp (this will be scenario I hope for, not holding my breath though)

Let's see. Shocking this coming out from a RSC and not from an indie.
Why not just service without bracelet?
Divingdeep87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2021, 03:03 PM   #63
SinHulk
"TRF" Member

Just hope everything goes well for you
SinHulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2021, 03:49 PM   #64
Arwhin
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divingdeep87 View Post
Why not just service without bracelet?
That was not even in the quotation. This is a new addition by RSC which really puzzles me and the hold-up.

Simply they damaged it, that's my take. I have like 100 photos of the watch taken 3 days before sending over, if this goes that far.
Old 13 October 2021, 03:51 PM   #65
Arwhin
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinHulk View Post
Just hope everything goes well for you
Thanks bud, I am not all that Optimistic with RSC. But let's see.
Old 13 October 2021, 03:52 PM   #66
Divingdeep87
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That was not even in the quotation. This is a new addition by RSC which really puzzles me and the hold-up.

Simply they damaged it, that's my take. I have like 100 photos of the watch taken 3 days before sending over, if this goes that far.
Christ man..
Divingdeep87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2021, 06:38 PM   #67
Singslinger
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Barber View Post
I have no earthly idea wtf is going on with this post. The titanium caseback is a beadblasted appearance stock, not brushed. No RSC would do that to a deep-sea caseback. And maybe it's just the picture, but the whole brushed finish looks like you took sandpaper to it. Am I missing something here?
You're not alone!
Singslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2021, 09:55 PM   #68
l_chissle
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I have already the James Cameron 126660 and wanted to collect the very first Deep Sea watch and have been searching for one a long while and found this one.

This definitely has more character, dial, fonts, full documents, i mean even the japanese map to the dealer when this was bought/sold dated back to 2008 (well looked after for a 13 year watch) and finally it comes with the very first Deep Sea press release kit-2008 etc.-the works. i will post photos of everything soon. Its in great working condition. I am happier with this classic to the regular 116660, 10 thousands out there.

Now i feel complete with a 2008 -116660 and 2021-126660, btw I was a saturation diver years back and longed for the 2008 when it was released and now I have it finally.
Thanks for this explanation. Very interesting. I'm not a SD officiando, so had no idea!
l_chissle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2021, 10:46 PM   #69
Arwhin
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPC6 View Post
Thanks for this explanation. Very interesting. I'm not a SD officiando, so had no idea!
No worries! I am new to this whole Rolex world, don't know much or anything about them.

I just bought them and used one for underwater works and the other for daily casual wear.

Hence the 2 Deep Seas I have right now. SD43 is in the lineup after this one comes out of the workshop and I will be done with the Sea dwellers and perhaps even Rolex altogether.

Thank you.
Old 16 October 2021, 11:28 AM   #70
Arwhin
"TRF" Member

RESOLVED WITH POSITIVE OUTCOME

Had a meeting with the Chief engineer and Customer Service manager yesterday to understand about the mandatory Clasp Cover replacement with the overhaul for the DSSD.

Apparently the clasp had a major internal damage for a while now, which they showed the weak spots, and I did notice there was a dent inside which only a trained eye or with a good loupe can detect. Watch bracelet fell apart from the clasp simply by jerking the clasp cover vigorously, was enough to convince me to proceed.

As the overhaul/service warranty covers the entire watch performance and safety, hence it was essential that the clasp cover assembly with the glidelock ( buckle I think its known commonly) must be repaired or changed. As for the caseback, it was sanded down for some unknown reasons, like someone highlighted earlier in this post- Spot on, thank you.

Overhaul resumed with massive discount on the clasp cover, freebies thrown in for a items and special servicing will be carried for my watch , that's a huge relief. I am totally impressed with RSC face-to-face service despite all the miscommunication over the phone.

Lesson learnt- Seeing is believing and if you are untrained on watches, when buying pre-owned watches get a professional to assess and evaluate the watch before committing or surprise repairs and perhaps even write-off is possible.

So there will be a before and after RSC service photos coming your way in 3 weeks time.

Thanks RSC-Singapore & folks in this post (good outcome)
Old 16 October 2021, 02:45 PM   #71
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Faith in humanity restored

And now the wait starts
Old 16 October 2021, 03:38 PM   #72
SinHulk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
RESOLVED WITH POSITIVE OUTCOME

Had a meeting with the Chief engineer and Customer Service manager yesterday to understand about the mandatory Clasp Cover replacement with the overhaul for the DSSD.

Apparently the clasp had a major internal damage for a while now, which they showed the weak spots, and I did notice there was a dent inside which only a trained eye or with a good loupe can detect. Watch bracelet fell apart from the clasp simply by jerking the clasp cover vigorously, was enough to convince me to proceed.

As the overhaul/service warranty covers the entire watch performance and safety, hence it was essential that the clasp cover assembly with the glidelock ( buckle I think its known commonly) must be repaired or changed. As for the caseback, it was sanded down for some unknown reasons, like someone highlighted earlier in this post- Spot on, thank you.

Overhaul resumed with massive discount on the clasp cover, freebies thrown in for a items and special servicing will be carried for my watch , that's a huge relief. I am totally impressed with RSC face-to-face service despite all the miscommunication over the phone.

Lesson learnt- Seeing is believing and if you are untrained on watches, when buying pre-owned watches get a professional to assess and evaluate the watch before committing or surprise repairs and perhaps even write-off is possible.

So there will be a before and after RSC service photos coming your way in 3 weeks time.

Thanks RSC-Singapore & folks in this post (good outcome)
Nice Happy that you have a good outcome and look forward when your watch is ready.
Old 16 October 2021, 04:18 PM   #73
Arwhin
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Nice Happy that you have a good outcome and look forward when your watch is ready.
Thanks mate. Sure I will be sharing the photos on the pre and post RSC works- and the watch transformation. Collection scheduled for 12 Nov. or sooner.
Old 16 October 2021, 04:21 PM   #74
Arwhin
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joli160 View Post
Faith in humanity restored

And now the wait starts
Thank you Sir! Sure it will be fun to see the outcome. I will post as many pics for comparison.
Old 8 November 2021, 03:17 PM   #75
Arwhin
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Here we go folks, Watch is back. See photos.
By the way, the Crown coronet is upright as requested ( so it can be done, put that doubt aside to many in the forum claiming can't be done)

Green Sticker Caseback- replacement
Red Sticker - For repairs.

Thanks for the feedbacks!
Old 8 November 2021, 03:52 PM   #76
Arwhin
"TRF" Member

Pre-Post RSC Service Photos
Old 8 November 2021, 03:58 PM   #77
Arwhin
"TRF" Member

There is NO serial number at the back of the DSSD caseback.

Caseback Replacement Pic : It is why the overhaul took place in the first place.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17. ComparisonCaseback-Clasp Cover-Crown-resized.jpg (179.5 KB, 107 views)
Old 8 November 2021, 04:09 PM   #78
SearChart
TechXpert

So, are you happy with the overhaul?
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2021, 04:59 PM   #79
Romi-Omi
"TRF" Member

Very interesting read. Glad it worked out well for you!

I have a question. So if you decide not to proceed with the overhaul at RSC, they will return the watch to you with no charges even though they had to ship it and open it up to examine?
Romi-Omi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2021, 05:03 PM   #80
SinHulk
"TRF" Member

Nice. Congrats
Old 8 November 2021, 05:27 PM   #81
Arwhin
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romi-Omi View Post
Very interesting read. Glad it worked out well for you!

I have a question. So if you decide not to proceed with the overhaul at RSC, they will return the watch to you with no charges even though they had to ship it and open it up to examine?

Thanks Romi-Omi.

Answer:
1) If I did not want to change the Clasp Cover along with the overhaul--NO Need to pay, simply say No and collect it back- They will not carry out the overhaul and reject it-FREE (will reflect in Rolex system on future overhaul)

2) If I had decided not to do any work after the quotation for any reason-I will have to pay like USD$80.00 for the service evaluation. The good news about this route is that you will get to authentic your watch ( I do not know if it will be confisticated by RSC if fake parts are discovered)
Old 8 November 2021, 05:46 PM   #82
Arwhin
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearChart View Post
So, are you happy with the overhaul?
Certainly YES for the numerous reasons:

1) Indies were charging me close to RSC service price, $50 cheaper with 3rd party parts (gaskets, seals and not full replacement)

2) Doubts cleared- the watch is 100% Real with no parts removed.

3) We did discover that the watch caseback was actually removed and grinded in the past, guess to remove external engraving (there was a number quote scribbled in the back). I would have not known this if I had not carry out this overhaul.

4) It is as good as my 2021 DSSD when I placed in side by side today.

5) 2 year international warranty- local boys can't provide that

6) All parts are genuine and they showed me all the removed parts and allowed me to even take photos of them.

7)Gave me a few free parts and repairs some with up to 50% discount.

8)Gave me a fresh movement report- 100% accurate, when I collected it

9) Lots have free goodies( New leather pouch, booklet, cloth, hard travel box etc)

10) Most importantly the piece of mind buying a pre-owned watch.

I would have saved $1000 bv sending it to a 3rd party watch shop, but I am sure I will be having my doubts about this watch.

By the way, note that DSSD can only be 100% repaired at/by RSC, indies do not have the testing equipment and personnel to do that.

Last edited by Arwhin; 8 November 2021 at 06:19 PM.. Reason: Typo-Caseback
Old 8 November 2021, 06:04 PM   #83
Arwhin
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Nice. Congrats
Thank you sir!
Old 8 November 2021, 08:00 PM   #84
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Time to enjoy it
Old 8 November 2021, 08:17 PM   #85
Tikandtokalot
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor BB41 M79540
Looks like brand new and now with complete provenance.
Looks very sharp too.
Tikandtokalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2021, 12:51 AM   #86
Arwhin
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikandtokalot View Post
Looks like brand new and now with complete provenance.
Looks very sharp too.
Yes indeed, amazing the fine job RSC carried out on a 13 year old watch bringing it back to 100% freshness.

They did tell me that they will bring up to 90% new standard and all this under 14 days ( quote, repair to hand over) but initially was told might take up to 30 days wait time.

Thank you.
Old 9 November 2021, 12:52 AM   #87
Arwhin
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joli160 View Post
Time to enjoy it
Yes sir, officer! I switch about this and the Deep Blue
every other week.