The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 24 July 2021, 08:25 PM   #1
xrole
"TRF" Member

Sky Dweller bracelet dilemma... oyster vs jubilee?

Hi guys I hope you are all well.

I have been enjoying my Oyster Perpetual 39mm white 114300 for the last couple of years and today placed a pre-order for a Sky Dweller stainless steel with black dial, which I have also lusted after for a long time as I just think it is a physically and mechanically impressive watch with a fantastic complication. The Sky Dweller comes with the choice of an oyster or jubilee bracelet.

I ordered it with the oyster bracelet as I was thinking that it looks more discreet and less "bling", but I am wondering if I made the right choice or not so I please need some sense checking from you guys. I didn't have chance to try any on as they were not in stock.

Which bracelet do you prefer and why (please list pro's and con's)?
xrole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2021, 08:39 PM   #2
2001jesper
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234
Both are great choices, but also prefer the oyster. Given that there is a lot going on with the dial and the fluted bezel, then I think the watch becomes a little too busy with a jubilee.
2001jesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2021, 08:58 PM   #3
JSolution
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD
I would just say not to ask for a particular bracelet and take what you can get.

But for me, although I haven’t handled the jubilee on skyD yet, it’s more suited to oyster. See
JSolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2021, 09:12 PM   #4
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
I’ve wondered how the watch head wears on the jubilee compared to the oyster.

The SkyDweller is a heavy watch and I’d worry that it might be a too top heavy on the jubilee …

Looks fantastic in both though
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2021, 09:21 PM   #5
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I own the three SS models in this watch on oyster bracelets and enjoy them. I have not seen the Jubilee in person but am fascinated with the look. I do like shinny watches and the Sky-Dweller is right up there and it wears great. I would contact your AD and tell them either of the bracelets would be good and you want the first one to come in. As soon as the jubilee bracelet is available for purchase I will get one and put it on one of my watches. Nice to have options. I really also like the black dial but the sleeper for me is the white dial. It does everything the black dial does but does not add another black dial watch into the collection. Keep us posted and good luck on getting your watch soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200818_113343 (002).jpg (207.7 KB, 2680 views)
1William is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2021, 10:06 PM   #6
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
The jubilee has two things going for it, IMO, of course:

Looks right at home with the fluted bezel, as if it were made for it.
Is helpful with sizing, as the links are less wide, giving you more flexibility to center the clasp underneath.
And...if you've got other oysters in the collection, the jubilee brings a bit of diversity.

Of course the oyster is certainly no slouch either, so, bottom line, I would take whatever came in if in your shoes.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2021, 10:20 PM   #7
xrole
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001jesper View Post
Both are great choices, but also prefer the oyster. Given that there is a lot going on with the dial and the fluted bezel, then I think the watch becomes a little too busy with a jubilee.
I am inclined to think this also... but it's so hard to judge when you haven't seen it in person. I will use YOutube as a second best way of looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSolution View Post
I would just say not to ask for a particular bracelet and take what you can get.

But for me, although I haven’t handled the jubilee on skyD yet, it’s more suited to oyster. See
When paying 15k I like to specify my requirements and make sure I am 100% happy with what I get, so I would never leave it to chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
I own the three SS models in this watch on oyster bracelets and enjoy them. I have not seen the Jubilee in person but am fascinated with the look. I do like shinny watches and the Sky-Dweller is right up there and it wears great. I would contact your AD and tell them either of the bracelets would be good and you want the first one to come in. As soon as the jubilee bracelet is available for purchase I will get one and put it on one of my watches. Nice to have options. I really also like the black dial but the sleeper for me is the white dial. It does everything the black dial does but does not add another black dial watch into the collection. Keep us posted and good luck on getting your watch soon.
I already have a white dial watch (and one light silver) and I do prefer the look of the black dial on the Sky Dweller, as in my opinion it contrasts much more elegantly with the red markers than the white dial, which for me makes the red look a little garish. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchwatcher View Post

Is helpful with sizing, as the links are less wide, giving you more flexibility to center the clasp underneath.
And...if you've got other oysters in the collection, the jubilee brings a bit of diversity.

Of course the oyster is certainly no slouch either, so, bottom line, I would take whatever came in if in your shoes.
True it does bring some diversity and does look more valuable... but as others noted I am worries about it adding to the already busy look of the watch fluting and face.
Old 24 July 2021, 10:29 PM   #8
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Would prefer the oyster bracelet, but you could then later source the jubilee as well and have some wearing options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2021, 10:33 PM   #9
nm4710
"TRF" Member

Personally I prefer the jubilee. I’ve tried both and find the jubilee more comfortable. Also it suits the fluted bezel very well. IMO the Skydweller looks like it was made for the jubilee. Nothing wrong with an oyster though!

N
nm4710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2021, 10:35 PM   #10
xrole
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fskywalker View Post
Would prefer the oyster bracelet, but you could then later source the jubilee as well and have some wearing options

Interesting idea, although I am not sure it would be so worth doing as I tend to just put a watch on without the hassle of changing bracelets. How much do you think the jubilee would cost as a separate purchase?
Old 24 July 2021, 10:39 PM   #11
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

OP, both are great and have the SkyD Blue on Oyster. Yes, it's less 'blingy' on Oyster versus the Jubilee. Personally am buying the Jubilee bracelet once they let us so I have both :)
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2021, 10:40 PM   #12
rmlovett1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: YTBD
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchwatcher View Post

⬆️⬆️⬆️ Agree with Larry! I haven’t seen it in person, but the jubilee seems right with a fluted bezel. Although the SKD is bigger, I would definitely compare it to the numerous (I’d do a search on TRF) threads on…..DJ oyster vs jubilee.
At the end of the day, it’s personal preference, but I’d go jubilee.
rmlovett1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2021, 10:47 PM   #13
ROBERT1183
"TRF" Member

Watch: ROLEX SOON
I jubilee just looks so fitting on the Sky with that fluted bezel.
ROBERT1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2021, 10:48 PM   #14
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrole View Post
Interesting idea, although I am not sure it would be so worth doing as I tend to just put a watch on without the hassle of changing bracelets. How much do you think the jubilee would cost as a separate purchase?

Through and AD likely about $1500-1800

Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2021, 10:53 PM   #15
jpjsavage
"TRF" Member

I have had this for nearly four years and won't be swapping it for a jubilee.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
jpjsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2021, 11:00 PM   #16
TimepieceRPP
"TRF" Member

I can't be bothered only if I can get one. Waiting for nearly 2 yrs still nothing.
TimepieceRPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2021, 11:06 PM   #17
zimm33
"TRF" Member

I love mine with the Oyster. IMO the jubilee bracelet is a little more feminine suited.
(No offense to anyone. I love me some white claws on the golf course! :)
zimm33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2021, 11:43 PM   #18
xrole
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fskywalker View Post
Through and AD likely about $1500-1800

Hmm that's actually not as bad as I thought, given the price of the SD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimepieceRPP View Post
I can't be bothered only if I can get one. Waiting for nearly 2 yrs still nothing.
I live in a country where logistically it's easier to get them so hopefully it won't take me quite so long, but lets see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimm33 View Post
I love mine with the Oyster. IMO the jubilee bracelet is a little more feminine suited.
(No offense to anyone. I love me some white claws on the golf course! :)
I agree that the oyster bracelet does objectively look more solid and masculine to my eye.
Old 24 July 2021, 11:51 PM   #19
Rrpdc
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001jesper View Post
+1. Agree
Rrpdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2021, 11:56 PM   #20
Old Geezer
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126619LB and more
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
I’ve wondered how the watch head wears on the jubilee compared to the oyster.

The SkyDweller is a heavy watch and I’d worry that it might be a too top heavy on the jubilee …

Looks fantastic in both though
I tend to agree that it may not wear as comfortably on jubilee because of the size and weight of the watch head. To keep it properly placed, you may have to wear it slightly tighter on jubilee which may not be comfortable.
My preference is oyster anyways. IMO, it looks cleaner on oyster.
Old Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2021, 12:24 AM   #21
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I ordered it with the oyster bracelet as I was thinking that it looks more discreet and less "bling", but I am wondering if I made the right choice or not so I please need some sense checking from you guys.
The only person who can answer that question is you. Your watch, your money, your choice.

I have the black SS on Oyster and I think it suits the SS Sky Dweller perfectly. Just because I think this doesn't make it the bracelet for you. I also have a white TT on Oyster and I want to get this put onto Jubilee because I think the Jubilee suits the TT better.

The Oyster Sly Dweller is very comfortable on me in SS and TT. I am told the Jubilee bracelet is more comfortable. I don't see how it could feel more comfortable to me, because despite its size and weight, I forget I am wearing it.

Again, in the case of your watch, what I think doesn't matter. What anyone thinks apart from you doesn't matter. You can't loose either way. It's an amazing watch.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2021, 12:31 AM   #22
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Geezer View Post
I tend to agree that it may not wear as comfortably on jubilee because of the size and weight of the watch head. To keep it properly placed, you may have to wear it slightly tighter on jubilee which may not be comfortable.

My preference is oyster anyways. IMO, it looks cleaner on oyster.
I've seen an IG post where the wearer rotates his wrist and the case flops all around ... perhaps it wasn't sized.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2021, 12:56 AM   #23
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

That’s one watch I would take either bracelet. Both work in its design and larger scale.
Mystro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2021, 12:58 AM   #24
Mifune
Banned

definitely get both...
Mifune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2021, 01:12 AM   #25
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Have it on Oyster and look forward to Jubilee!

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2021, 03:46 AM   #26
xrole
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry-57 View Post
The only person who can answer that question is you. Your watch, your money, your choice.

I have the black SS on Oyster and I think it suits the SS Sky Dweller perfectly. Just because I think this doesn't make it the bracelet for you. I also have a white TT on Oyster and I want to get this put onto Jubilee because I think the Jubilee suits the TT better.

The Oyster Sly Dweller is very comfortable on me in SS and TT. I am told the Jubilee bracelet is more comfortable. I don't see how it could feel more comfortable to me, because despite its size and weight, I forget I am wearing it.

Again, in the case of your watch, what I think doesn't matter. What anyone thinks apart from you doesn't matter. You can't loose either way. It's an amazing watch.
Please, dial back the patronising tone. I am asking for opinions to help me weigh up the pros and cons of a bracelet I have never seen; you don't need to point out the obvious and tell me how it's my money and my decision. I am using this forum as part of the research decision-making process and people's opinions and other experience are valuable regardless of whether or not they are making any final decisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
I've seen an IG post where the wearer rotates his wrist and the case flops all around ... perhaps it wasn't sized.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
I assume it's because the jubilee bracelet has so many links that it is bends like a snake. The oyster has far longer links so maintains more rigidity.

Now I think about it, I have a jubilee-esque bracelet on my Oris Pointer Moon and I can use that as a rough comparison to my Oyster 39mm bracelet. :)
Old 25 July 2021, 04:05 AM   #27
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Please, dial back the patronising tone. I am asking for opinions to help me weigh up the pros and cons of a bracelet I have never seen; you don't need to point out the obvious and tell me how it's my money and my decision.
Sorry if that's how you read it. Not intended. Just ignore me.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2021, 04:32 AM   #28
Thunn
"TRF" Member

Watch: Skydweller
I have had black SS SkyDweller for several years. Really like it. Was excited to see the release on jubilee. Have talked to AD about white or blue on jubilee. Jubilees do go well with the fluted bezel.
Thunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2021, 05:18 AM   #29
Cp827
"TRF" Member

Ive owned the blue Skyd on oyster for 4 years now. No issues what’s so ever. I do own a jubilee BLNR and I love how the jubilee wraps around the wrist. Feels very comfortable. Either way you can’t go wrong. I think it’s a personal preference on what look you personal want. I agree with a post earlier ask to have which ever comes in first.
Cp827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2021, 05:32 AM   #30
dr.fiddy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea-D, Sky-D
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post
I have had this for nearly four years and won't be swapping it for a jubilee.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

+1 Same here…