The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 7 April 2017, 06:21 AM   #31
Bigsykedaddy
"TRF" Member

Watch: LVc | SubC
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieGuy View Post
ADs (such as the one where I work) have been instructed by Rolex not to give the factory service booklet and not to give the outer green sleeve with all Rolex sales as of a few months ago. The green sleeve never really fit inside the boxes and I'm assuming they are revamping the factory service booklets.
Yeah the US ADs are not including the warranty service booklet and the holder anymore, the AD wasn't lying to you. The bezel protector should have been included though.
Bigsykedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2017, 06:22 AM   #32
artschool
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by esscaster View Post
I don't think I would've even noticed if there wasn't a bezel protector, but warranty card, booklets, hangtags, and pillow thing I would expect. If one item wasn't there I don't think I would've cared that much...
i never got a rolex pillow with my watches!!!!!!
artschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2017, 07:01 AM   #33
sdgadave
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710/SD43
Thanks for the comments. Yes I did expect these little things but now that it is confirmed I will not worry about the warranty and service books. The AD has the holder and the bezel protector and I will get them on Saturday. They did give me two soft pouches to put my Sub and my GMT in. Thought that was a nice gesture. Though no diet cokes, just room temp water bottles, some candy and was offered chocolate, maybe I need to find a new AD, lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sdgadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2017, 07:03 AM   #34
gregmoeck
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek
You can buy the items and a plastic cofin on eBay, save the trouble of going back
gregmoeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2017, 07:59 AM   #35
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
I'll take that bet.

One of the above was correct, no sleeve, no factory service booklet. The want their pathetic little boxes to actually close
What a crappy solution to their cheap as boxes. Not that I care of course but damn they are crap. Even Tudor has nicer boxes.
GB-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2017, 11:46 PM   #36
moorery2001
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master II
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdgadave View Post
Hey everyone I just purchased a 116610LV on Sunday and when I got home I looked in the box and noticed a few things missing. Inside the sleeve of the box was only the chronometer tag, the oyster swimproof tag, warranty card and the Submariner Date booklet. No factory service booklet, no warranty booklet, no bezel protector and no green holder the warranty card and booklets go in.

So I called the AD and gave him a little piece of my mind about presentation and and expectations when making a large purchase. Easily fixed he has the holder and the bezel protector which I am getting Saturday but he says Rolex is trying to "stream down" their box contents and no longer provide the warranty and factory booklets. In the classifieds here every LV has them.

Are these important pieces to be missing? Will they affect value if traded in the future? What do you all think?

The value may be affected but not a lot. My best advice would be to look into getting a warranty and factory booklet from the internet. Not going to lie I would be a bit skeptical if I were buying a Rolex from you and your missing a few of the box pieces.
moorery2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2017, 04:48 AM   #37
Bob the brush
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1016 Explorer.
I bought a Air King last week from AD in UK, didn't get an spare / extra link, should I have done? Got all the other stuff, haven't contacted them yet, I thought I would ask my learned friends here first. Photos to follow, got to get a new phone, hopefully tomorrow depending on how busy I am.
Bob the brush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2017, 05:25 AM   #38
Magwitch
Banned

I got 1 coffin box out of the many Rolexes I have bought over the years. AD says Rolex instructed the AD to not give those out. AD says they all go into the bin, as they have no use for them. Stickers? Most of the watches I have bought were in the display case with no stickers unless they missed one on the clasp. I don't care as long as the watch is pristine and they are very careful about that.
Magwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2017, 05:38 AM   #39
gtnator
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: DSSD, SD43, Pepsi,
You got the watch and it was perfect, right? That's all I would care about.

gtnator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2017, 01:54 AM   #40
martfield22
"TRF" Member

Congrats! Looks like a great one
martfield22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2017, 02:14 AM   #41
Oceanlover914
"TRF" Member

Watch: None at the moment
Actually, when I bought my last Rolex from an AD I asked for a coffin and the bezel protector which I never have gotten before. They really aren't important but kinda cool to have. Your Hulk looks great. Wear and enjoy!!
Oceanlover914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2017, 02:31 AM   #42
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
Most regular people just wear the watch and don't care about all the bits and pieces. But then most regular people aren't flipping their Rolexes.
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2017, 04:32 AM   #43
VicLeChic
Banned

Watch: YM 116622 - SD43
Congrats on your purchase.

Some unscrupulous ADs will try to withhold some elements in order to reduce the value of your watch if you were to flip it. When I picked up my SD43, the AD refused to give me the bezel protector and the price tag. He also tried to keep the green tag but gave it back a few days later. Offered to remove the stichers (no, thanks) a few times and size the bracelet a few times (with its share of scratches and damage to screws.., I'd rather do it myself) I absolutely abhor this kind of behaviour, it's truly pathetic. It tainted my experience of buying from the AD a little bit, not much though. Overall still very happy.
VicLeChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2017, 06:40 AM   #44
Sarosh
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by VicLeChic View Post

Some unscrupulous ADs will try to withhold some elements in order to reduce the value of your watch if you were to flip it. When I picked up my SD43, the AD refused to give me the bezel protector and the price tag. He also tried to keep the green tag but gave it back a few days later. Offered to remove the stichers (no, thanks) a few times and size the bracelet a few times (with its share of scratches and damage to screws.., I'd rather do it myself) I absolutely abhor this kind of behaviour, it's truly pathetic. It tainted my experience of buying from the AD a little bit, not much though. Overall still very happy.
That's truly ridiculous. What you do with it once you've paid for it is your choice! Having said that if the AD wants to remove the stickers and resize it for me I don't mind coz I'll wear it outta the store. But if they actively withhold such things from you then yeah I'd flip. Lol
Sarosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2017, 06:47 AM   #45
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob the brush View Post
I bought a Air King last week from AD in UK, didn't get an spare / extra link, should I have done? Got all the other stuff, haven't contacted them yet, I thought I would ask my learned friends here first. Photos to follow, got to get a new phone, hopefully tomorrow depending on how busy I am.
No.
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2017, 07:10 AM   #46
Oceanlover914
"TRF" Member

Watch: None at the moment
Quote:
Originally Posted by VicLeChic View Post

My AD wouldn't dare hold anything back. He knows I like all the little trimmings that come along with a new Rolex and that I like to remove the stickers myself.
Oceanlover914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2017, 03:29 AM   #47
bravetony
"TRF" Member

I bought my Rolex at an AD as well and mine did not come with the factory service booklet? I was told that it was not necessary and it would not devalue my watch. Not too sure how I feel about it - but not much I can do.

Where did you buy your watch at? Mine was in Miami.
bravetony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2017, 06:57 AM   #48
jstevens43
"TRF" Member

You don't HAVE to have the booklets, they are an added bonus but cant lie that they would be nice to have.

If you really want one I would see if ebay or amazon or even someone on here has one! Never hurts to ask.
jstevens43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2017, 07:07 AM   #49
Kevan
"TRF" Member

Watch: the one on my arm.
Yep, received everything with my Daytona Ceramic, it was in it's coffin when I first saw it and I was told it had not been removed prior to my arrival.

I also received a free carrier bag, shops in the UK charge for such accessories, £0.10. I received a receipt, a few Peroni whilst the card was authorised, it didn't take me long enough to decide to buy it to drink the first, my wife had three glasses of fizz. Other than that .... nothing.
Kevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2017, 11:58 PM   #50
function12
"TRF" Member

I bought my 116508 Daytona in Cozumel and everything was in Spanish. I just called RSC Dallas and asked if the would send me the manual in English. I gave them the serial number and a few days later and English manual was in my mailbox.
function12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2018, 05:24 AM   #51
Darth1904
"TRF" Member

Love it!
Darth1904 is offline   Reply With Quote