The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 16 October 2017, 01:19 AM   #1
bobby81
"TRF" Member

Icon20 Daytona Waterproof

I purchased a new Daytona last April & I've just discovered I have been washing it with one of the pushers unscrewed for the last two weeks. When I discovered it was unscrewed I thought I might have damaged it but it seems fine. I think I remember reading that even with the pushers unscrewed it remains waterproof once the pushers are not pressed. It must be true otherwise I think I would have ruined it & probably being a new Watch helped as the seals would protect it
bobby81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2017, 01:33 AM   #2
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
the pushers have lock-nuts, not pressure seals. They have nothing to do with sealing as all seals are inside the watch.
Old 16 October 2017, 01:38 AM   #3
dcash0615
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es
Even with the pushers unscrewed the watch is water tight. The seal is only disengaged when the pusher is pushed in. So as long as you didn't have the pusher pushed in while submerging the watch in water you are fine. Simply unscrewing the pusher just allows you to operate the pusher. Unscrewing the pusher has nothing to do with the seal and whether the watch is water tight.

Based on what you described you are fine. Enjoy your watch.
dcash0615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2017, 01:46 AM   #4
bobby81
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
the pushers have lock-nuts, not pressure seals. They have nothing to do with sealing as all seals are inside the watch.
Thanks for enlightening me I am just happy that there was no serious damage done
Old 16 October 2017, 01:52 AM   #5
bobby81
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcash0615 View Post
Even with the pushers unscrewed the watch is water tight. The seal is only disengaged when the pusher is pushed in. So as long as you didn't have the pusher pushed in while submerging the watch in water you are fine. Simply unscrewing the pusher just allows you to operate the pusher. Unscrewing the pusher has nothing to do with the seal and whether the watch is water tight.

Based on what you described you are fine. Enjoy your watch.
Thank you I thought it might have caused serious damage
Old 16 October 2017, 02:04 AM   #6
dcash0615
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es
let's see some pictures of your Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby81 View Post
Thank you I thought it might have caused serious damage
dcash0615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2017, 12:31 PM   #7
bobby81
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcash0615 View Post
let's see some pictures of your Daytona
To be honest I don't know how to send photos. I am sixty one years old & my knowledge of computers is limited. I have an IPhone & I see a lot on the forum use their IPhone to post photos but I haven't got a clue how it's done. I do have the photos on my phone but posting them is something I don't know how to do
Old 17 October 2017, 12:47 PM   #8
Kyle13
"TRF" Member

Quote:
To be honest I don't know how to send photos. I am sixty one years old & my knowledge of computers is limited. I have an IPhone & I see a lot on the forum use their IPhone to post photos but I haven't got a clue how it's done. I do have the photos on my phone but posting them is something I don't know how to do

Are you using Tapatalk? If so, I can post up some pictures to help you if you’d like!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kyle13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2017, 03:53 PM   #9
tamiya
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks for enlightening me I am just happy that there was no serious damage done
If water gets in you'll notice the glass fogging up on the inside.
tamiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2017, 05:03 PM   #10
bobby81
"TRF" Member

Icon20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle13 View Post
Are you using Tapatalk? If so, I can post up some pictures to help you if you’d like!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've heard that expression here on the Forum but don't know what it means. So how do I get Tapatalk
Old 17 October 2017, 05:14 PM   #11
tamiya
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I've heard that expression here on the Forum but don't know what it means. So how do I get Tapatalk
Tapatalk is an app for smartphone or tablet

It acts as a front end for compatible forums like this one

When you upload a pic from your device, file gets stored on tapatalk server which serves it inline with your post.

If you only use a pc/browser then tapatalk won't help. Try someplace like imgur, upload pic to there then paste in the link into your forum post.
Old 17 October 2017, 06:04 PM   #12
bobby81
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiya View Post
Tapatalk is an app for smartphone or tablet

It acts as a front end for compatible forums like this one

When you upload a pic from your device, file gets stored on tapatalk server which serves it inline with your post.

If you only use a pc/browser then tapatalk won't help. Try someplace like imgur, upload pic to there then paste in the link into your forum post.
I would love to know how to upload photos to TRF but I just can't understand what it all means I will ask one of my Children to show me how it works when they visit
Old 17 October 2017, 06:58 PM   #13
tamiya
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I would love to know how to upload photos to TRF but I just can't understand what it all means I will ask one of my Children to show me how it works when they visit
haha yeah, it gets a bit like that sometime Noel.

But tell us, what setup are you surging this forum with? Pc or handheld?

Pop over to imgur.com & joinup free. (You can upload without joining however if you are a member you can see what you've uploaded previously. If you're not joined then you cannot retrieve the links to previous pics)

Imgur is handy because it can accept uploads via handheld (eg you've snapped a pic with smartphone) and PC (eg existing pic file on your hard drive). Upload to imgur and it'll give you a link to your pic file. Copy this

Then when you've the reply/post editor open, see that little yellow square icon up top with picture of mountain & sun? Click that, it'll popup a entrybox where you can paste in the file link (copied above). Your pic appears at that spot in your post.

Do some experimenting!
Old 17 October 2017, 10:26 PM   #14
MCO1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona C white
Didn't Paul Newman wear his Daytona with the pushers and stem unscrewed all the time? It seems kind of weird to me to leave them that way deliberately but I would say modern Daytona's are even more water tight than ones of yore. It will tell you if something is wrong.
MCO1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2017, 01:57 AM   #15
Beowulf
"TRF" Member

Quote:
If it makes you feel better, it's not just you. I'm into tech (as a profession) and while I enjoy TRF for the content, the forum software itself is atrocious and very behind the times in functionality. It's a bit of a pain to use it and given the quality of the content/knowledge stored here, it's also a bit of a pity the shell isn't more functional.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2017, 09:58 PM   #16
tamiya
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
If it makes you feel better, it's not just you. I'm into tech (as a profession) and while I enjoy TRF for the content, the forum software itself is atrocious and very behind the times in functionality. It's a bit of a pain to use it and given the quality of the content/knowledge stored here, it's also a bit of a pity the shell isn't more functional.
meh, it feels like good ole vBulletin is chugging away behind the scenes. It's solid & dependable but has its quirks, but very much serviceable.

Don't know about the sysops here but inhouse hosting of pics increases server bandwidth significantly, bloats the server files and backups take heaps longer.

As far as forums go... I'm more concerned about all the recent years worth of "wisdom" that have disappeared into the bookface coffers. Ignoring the pics of kittens & food, I'm sure there's a heap of useful knowledge typed in there too, but it's near impossible to search & archive off bookface. I avoid like the plague.
Old 18 October 2017, 10:39 PM   #17
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Daytona Waterproof

Quote:
So how do I get Tapatalk

In the sidebars about image hosting and forum software I don’t think anyone shared a simple answer to your original question. Since you use an iPhone you can find Tapatalk in the App Store. I suggest getting the paid version that includes hosting pictures - it is named Tapatalk Pro and is $2.99

Here’s the 1-2-3 once you have put Tapatalk Pro on your iPhone.

1. Open the Tapatalk Pro App
2. Use the search function and add TRF (The Rolex Forums) to your feed.
3. Use your TRF ID and Password to log in

The screen you will see is vastly different but easier to navigate than using the iPhone’s browser.

Hope that helps....

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2017, 01:46 AM   #18
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
Well myself well into my 70s and I find the forum perfectly functional and its not a pain to use.The forum has one of the fastest servers on the net and even I can resize a picture and I am no tech.As you state you are a tech as a profession then surely it should be a very simple task for you,as myself being a non tech find its very simple to do.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote