The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 15 October 2017, 12:06 AM   #1
anirudh.412
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek
Current 5711 situation

What is the current waitlist (realistically) for the SS 5711 blue, if someone was willing to wait and pay retail?
anirudh.412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2017, 12:10 AM   #2
Defiancekofb
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anirudh.412 View Post
What is the current waitlist (realistically) for the SS 5711 blue, if someone was willing to wait and pay retail?
US it is about 2-3 years, Europe I have heard 5 years.
Defiancekofb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2017, 12:23 AM   #3
KarlS
Banned

Search and ye shall find
KarlS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2017, 12:24 AM   #4
Helmi
"TRF" Member

I wish I knew the answer. But honestly any feedback you will get either from another member here or from an ad will be very subjective and based on personal opinion unless you have established relationship with the ad and you can trust them
Helmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2017, 12:35 AM   #5
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Theres no straightforward answer unfortunately. A lot of factors including relationship with AD, location, future market conditions and good old fashioned luck.
Old 15 October 2017, 12:38 AM   #6
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmi View Post
I wish I knew the answer. But honestly any feedback you will get either from another member here or from an ad will be very subjective and based on personal opinion unless you have established relationship with the ad and you can trust them
this.

There are many factors in play here.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2017, 02:12 AM   #7
anirudh.412
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek
The 'AD relationship' is the cause for concern here, since prior to this I have always bought vintage Rolex. What I am interested in knowing is, if I were to walk into a PP AD in the US and pay a deposit, keeping in mind the variables, what would be a ball park wait time? Is it really the 2-3 that the ADs claim or lesser/ more?
anirudh.412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2017, 02:17 AM   #8
sgfortino
"TRF" Member

Watch: Nerd
After having tried many larger market ADs, I decided recently to try all of the smaller market ADs hoping for better luck. Most of them were willing to add you to the list, some even indicating that a deposit would move you closer on the list. There were several I spoke to in the midwest that had lists of 2-4 people. I got lucky and called one on a Thursday that said they didn't have one but came back a minute later and said they were getting one next week and it was unspoken for. I ended up with it on my wrist the following Tuesday. This is one of those luck situations though I think.
sgfortino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2017, 02:36 AM   #9
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
I went to Tiffany’s in Houston and the one other PP AD here back in May or June. Both said that unless I had prior purchases, I won’t even be put on the waitlist.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2017, 02:46 AM   #10
chiko323
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP & Rolex
So I’ve been looking for the 5711 blue for about 7 months now. I contacted all the ADs in the US and one told me there was a 6 month wait if I put down a small deposit so of course I jumped on it. It’s been 7 months and they have no update on when it will arrived and they offered to refund the deposit. I’m hoping I wasn’t bumped down the list by a long time customer if there’s but it seems possible. I’m still waiting for them but i also started contacting ADs again. They seem significantly less receptive to putting people on their wait lists now then they were 6 months ago. Only one dealer offered to put me on their waitlist if I gave a 50% deposit and would give me no estimated delivery date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chiko323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2017, 02:53 AM   #11
dhermidar
"TRF" Member

current asking prices for 5711 are so weird that im thinking of selling mine to get a 5726/1a, just waiting that Patek releases it with the blue dial
dhermidar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2017, 03:10 AM   #12
JorgeCCW
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Patek and AP
The attraction/hype of the 5711/1a is not due to the intrinsic characteristics of the watch (Fact)

"Nothing happens until something moves "
Albert Einstein
JorgeCCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2017, 03:14 AM   #13
codecow
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5131R
I agree with Jorge. It's a great watch, don't get me wrong. I much prefer the 5712 due to the complication or the 5711R for the PM. With that said I have liked every Nautilus I tried on including the 5711/1A.
codecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2017, 03:16 AM   #14
codecow
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5131R
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Theres no straightforward answer unfortunately. A lot of factors including relationship with AD, location, future market conditions and good old fashioned luck.
This. If you're a good customer at a larger AD you might be able to get one fairly easily.
codecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2017, 03:34 AM   #15
drmovement
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex mk2 red sub
Quote:
I got quoted 12-18 months
drmovement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2017, 03:35 AM   #16
drmovement
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex mk2 red sub
Quote:
I can connect you with my AD if you like, they might be able to help you out
drmovement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2017, 03:35 AM   #17
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
I've ordered a 5711 in April this year. I was quoted 18months - 2 years specifically because of my purchase history with them over the last 15 years. They volunteered the time frame without me pushing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2017, 04:18 AM   #18
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeCCW View Post
The attraction/hype of the 5711/1a is not due to the intrinsic characteristics of the watch (Fact)
Can’t agree, the attraction of the 5711/1A is absolutely everything to do with its intrinsic characteristics.
Now when you start to look at other models in the Nautilus range then the argument moves from one of intrinsic characteristics to comparing movements, complications etc etc.
Russell996 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2017, 05:17 AM   #19
walds11
"TRF" Member

Back in May, I contacted some ADs via phone about acquiring a 5711 blue dial. One AD said they could get me one towards the end of the year with a deposit. I jumped all over it. Earlier this month, I checked in with the AD. FWIW, delivery is still on target towards end of year. I’m not sure how they would know, but I’m still rolling with it. The 5711s are getting even more scarcer by the day, especially blue dials, so I’m keeping my fingers crosser that I don’t have to wait much longer.
Old 18 October 2017, 03:51 AM   #20
AutoBay
"TRF" Member

Watch: ALS Odysseus
Quote:
The 'AD relationship' is the cause for concern here, since prior to this I have always bought vintage Rolex. What I am interested in knowing is, if I were to walk into a PP AD in the US and pay a deposit, keeping in mind the variables, what would be a ball park wait time? Is it really the 2-3 that the ADs claim or lesser/ more?
Yeah, it's a toughy. I was trying for most of the year to get one and then sprung on a 5712/1A when it came up - but that was dumb luck. Most ADs get 3-5 5711s a year, and that's if they're strong ADs. So, looking at it from their POV, a deposit from you is sort of irrelevant since selling the piece isn't hard. Most ADs will use the watch as a reward for good customers or, in the case of some unscrupulous ADs, as a carrot to get customers to spend unnecessary money just to get one. If I were you, I would focus on building a relationship - buy a SubC, a Batman - then tell them you want a 5711. Or at least pick up a PP that they want to move and that's worth owning, like a 5196. But no, to answer your question, even if you paid in full, most ADs would shrug you off.
AutoBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2017, 06:13 AM   #21
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Used they are selling for about 40K. There are 23 on Chronos 24. Several are sealed. The secondary market price reflects the low allocation to ADs all over the world. I believe it would take a while to get one new from an AD if your just now asking. That is as precise as anyone can be. Some people have reported getting them immediately simply being in the right place at the right time. If you can believe those stories. If they tell you two years, I would tell them yes. That is better than a Daytona C.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2017, 06:15 AM   #22
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
Back in May, I contacted some ADs via phone about acquiring a 5711 blue dial. One AD said they could get me one towards the end of the year with a deposit. I jumped all over it. Earlier this month, I checked in with the AD. FWIW, delivery is still on target towards end of year. I’m not sure how they would know, but I’m still rolling with it. The 5711s are getting even more scarcer by the day, especially blue dials, so I’m keeping my fingers crosser that I don’t have to wait much longer.
Good luck to you. I hope it happens.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2017, 06:27 AM   #23
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
One of our local San Diego members walked into the AD (in La Jolla CA) with me and put down a deposit and if I recall was told a year or less. They carry Lange and other top brands but not Rolex.

We had no past relationship, but they recognized me from past visits. Dealer is C.J. Charles. I won't mention the other TRF member as he may want to remain discreet. Great guy, though.
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2017, 06:34 AM   #24
walds11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
Good luck to you. I hope it happens.
Thanks! Me too! To be honest, it would be miraculous if I got one within a year of getting on the list/deposit.
Old 18 October 2017, 06:35 AM   #25
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
Used they are selling for about 40K. There are 23 on Chronos 24. Several are sealed. The secondary market price reflects the low allocation to ADs all over the world. I believe it would take a while to get one new from an AD if your just now asking. That is as precise as anyone can be. Some people have reported getting them immediately simply being in the right place at the right time. If you can believe those stories. If they tell you two years, I would tell them yes. That is better than a Daytona C.
Had to check C24 to see prices, can't believe it, they are nuts
Just insane...
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2017, 06:45 AM   #26
socalwatchcollector
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pateks Plural
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlS View Post
Search and ye shall find
+1
socalwatchcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2017, 07:17 AM   #27
Everett7
"TRF" Member

I was lucky to get both the blue and white from an AD in the UK within 5 months of putting a small deposit down. I had no previous purchase history but got lucky.
Everett7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2017, 08:13 AM   #28
sgfortino
"TRF" Member

i posted this separately in my own thread and am one of those that fall in the "dumb luck" category mentioned above. After being told by local ADs here in Chicago that I couldn't even get on a list, I started calling all of the smaller market ADs where perhaps the list wasn't as long. There were a few willing to add me to the list but had no sense of timing. While talking with one Midwest AD, I was told they have a 5711 coming in the next week. Needless to say I offered my credit card as fast as I could and they accepted. I received the watch in the mail the following Tuesday. I know this probably seems made-up and I wasn't expecting anything either but it can happened.
Old 18 October 2017, 08:32 AM   #29
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgfortino View Post
i posted this separately in my own thread and am one of those that fall in the "dumb luck" category mentioned above. After being told by local ADs here in Chicago that I couldn't even get on a list, I started calling all of the smaller market ADs where perhaps the list wasn't as long. There were a few willing to add me to the list but had no sense of timing. While talking with one Midwest AD, I was told they have a 5711 coming in the next week. Needless to say I offered my credit card as fast as I could and they accepted. I received the watch in the mail the following Tuesday. I know this probably seems made-up and I wasn't expecting anything either but it can happened.
So basically what I'm hearing is
1. Have the money ready to buy on the spot. Don't mess around with deposits.
2. Be willing to spend the time to call around every AD possible.
3. Be ready to have AD's laugh at you over the phone for even asking.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2017, 08:42 AM   #30
sgfortino
"TRF" Member

I certainly got laughed at by my fair share of ADs. I just indicated I was curious what their process and potential timing was for getting a 5711. There were 5-6 ADs in smaller markets that were willing to put me on the list, some indicating there were 4-6 people ahead. I think I made the rounds of calls to a number of ADs several times a few weeks apart.

There was only one AD in these markets I spoke to that even considered a deposit, many just didn't want the hassle of holding a significant amount of money for an indefinite period of time.