The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 28 May 2018, 08:05 AM   #31
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsiderkg View Post
Really? I'll have to call ebay cs to verify next week.
Yes this is common knowledge. Worst he can do is leave you a positive fedback with negative comments.
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2018, 08:07 AM   #32
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_1964 View Post
Seller CAN leave NASTY Feedback Marked As Positive though.
I only read the first page or select negative feedback when I review a sellers history. Non issue IMO. Buyer can also post a reply explaining sellers motivations or have Ebay remove it if malicious or not in spirit of positivity.
CorradoBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2018, 08:14 AM   #33
J_1964
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710
I have left nasty comments as Positive Feedback Before. I don't think it has any impact unless the Buyer Only Has A Low Feedback Rating (low double digit). Making it easier to spot among the others.

Last edited by J_1964; 28 May 2018 at 08:16 AM.. Reason: Error.
J_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2018, 10:25 AM   #34
zaydans
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116710
eBay are very biased toward the buyer in these situations. In this case are you supposed the take this piece of crap to a watchmaker to confirm it is not a VSA? I’m surprised they are making you do that being it doesn’t even look close!! Also, I’ve been in disputes before and taking a video during opening a package means nothing to eBay.
zaydans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2018, 10:57 AM   #35
77T
2024 Pledge Member

It’s been 10 days since you lodged the complaint. Where does the eBay case stand now?

Remember eBay doesn’t know at the outset what you really got - they just see the pictures on the listing and the pictures you sent them. If the seller had previous problems like this, the case should quickly resolve to your benefit. If not, they are not sure if you’re sending pictures of a fake after receiving a genuine item as shown in the listing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2018, 11:56 AM   #36
edweather
"TRF" Member

Watch: Casio Illuminator
That's correct, sellers can't leave feedback on buyers, BUT, sellers can respond to the feedback left by buyers on them. So, I agree it's appropriate that the OP/buyer let things play out. Hopefully a refund will be issued soon.........then leave all the negative feedback you want.
Old 28 May 2018, 08:01 PM   #37
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaydans View Post
eBay are very biased toward the buyer in these situations. In this case are you supposed the take this piece of crap to a watchmaker to confirm it is not a VSA? I’m surprised they are making you do that being it doesn’t even look close!! Also, I’ve been in disputes before and taking a video during opening a package means nothing to eBay.
As I clarified earlier, it's because he chose 'counterfeit' item as the reason for the case being lodged, and not 'incorrect' item. You only choose the former if he would of got a closely identical watch, but it wasn't genuine (ex. LV bag, Rolex, etc are all highly replicated). That is why they require you to verify your claim, as you're not an expert in the field and can't usually 100% backup your claims of authenticity. In this situation, the buyer got the wrong item entirely, and it should have been a simple verification on eBay's part, he sends the item back at the seller's cost, and a refund is in process.

Also, you are 100% correct, and I don't know why this is commonly spewed as some wive's tale......video filming a package being opened or sent, makes absolutely zero difference to the eBay/Paypal team. It does nothing for your case whatsoever. HOWEVER, with that being said, taping yourself packaging a box (clearly showing the item being placed inside) in the post office and handing over to a postal employee CAN benefit you, if you have a buyer who claims the box was empty or the wrong item entirely. Again, it doesn't help you with eBay/Paypal, but it CAN help you if it's a high ticket item and you want to fork over the money to go after the scammer in court.

Anybody dealing with this situation in the future, please adhere to above advice.

*OP, in no way meaning to sound rude or negative to yourself, just trying to help out another member who might encounter same situation in the future
Old 28 May 2018, 10:28 PM   #38
edweather
"TRF" Member

Quote:
video filming a package being opened or sent, makes absolutely zero difference to the eBay/Paypal team.
It does make some difference, and taking a video with a cell phone is easy to do, so I do it. Let's be real, anyone can claim they didn't get an item. Who knows who sent what, or who received what? Any scammer can just lie, and say a package arrived empty, or any scammer seller can say they sent XYZ item. There is a large trust factor involved between ebay/buyer/seller. I've had a good relationship with ebay for 10 years, buying and selling, and have never lost a case. Any evidence helps. I had a package that arrived empty once, and they definitely DID want pics, and I won. Might have won anyway, but they wanted the pics. So saying it makes zero difference, just isn't true.

Quote:
taping yourself packaging a box (clearly showing the item being placed inside) in the post office and handing over to a postal employee CAN benefit you
That is true. In that case, Registered Mail is the only way to go, I don't want any postal employee seeing me drop a 10K watch into a box, without it being Registered.
Old 28 May 2018, 11:03 PM   #39
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edweather View Post
It does make some difference, and taking a video with a cell phone is easy to do, so I do it. Let's be real, anyone can claim they didn't get an item. Who knows who sent what, or who received what? Any scammer can just lie, and say a package arrived empty, or any scammer seller can say they sent XYZ item. There is a large trust factor involved between ebay/buyer/seller. I've had a good relationship with ebay for 10 years, buying and selling, and have never lost a case. Any evidence helps. I had a package that arrived empty once, and they definitely DID want pics, and I won. Might have won anyway, but they wanted the pics. So saying it makes zero difference, just isn't true.
I said video taping, not taking pictures....if anything you just confirmed my statement...a video doesn’t matter, pictures sufficed, even days after the fact.

Here, let me clarify:
-As a buyer you’re going to win 99.9% of cases, taking a video tape doesn’t even matter, pictures are fine. They will only want you to photograph the wrong/missing item for documentation purposes, and it can be days or WEEKS after the fact.
-As a seller, video taping what you’re shipping is pointless. If a buyer claims it’s the wrong item and/or empty, this video tape means NOTHING. 100% fact, verified by myself with multiple PayPal and eBay higher ups.

My statement is entirely true, despite what you may think. There is never a single instance where eBay/PayPal will require or even suggest you send them a video tape. If I’m not mistaken when they request pictures from you on a case, and you send a video, they will dismiss it entirely and request again that you send them pictures.

As a seller, the onus is on yourself to get the item to the buyer. Until it’s in his or her hands, YOU are responsible. Your video tape is days before and before multiple other hands touched it. In eBay/PayPal’s eyes, you can take it up with the post office if a buyer claims it’s the wrong item. I find it amusing when sellers try to add a price for insurance on a package. Not my problem if it gets lost, I get my money back without question.

With all that being said, if you have a lot of business on PayPal, sometimes they’ll give you a freebie refund ‘on the house’ when a buyer claims empty box/wrong item and you refute the fact. They’re obviously aware of the amount of scamming happening, and will sometimes rectify the issues. However, this is more the exception than the norm.

I’m not trying to start an argument with you whatsoever, just want the actual truth of these situations posted. I have a ton of experience with this, and there’s a lot of misinformation spread and errors made. For instance how OP picked the wrong category for his claim. Another common one is concerning friends and family payments.....that it’s safe. Not in the slightest. Just want to help out anybody that may look at this thread for help in the future, I hate scammers
Old 29 May 2018, 02:35 AM   #40
westsiderkg
"TRF" Member

Watch: '66 Submariner
Well I hope you guys are right as I decided to leave negative feedback to warn others since this joker is selling other high end items and I don't want anyone else to go through this non sense.
westsiderkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2018, 03:12 AM   #41
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Well I hope you guys are right as I decided to leave negative feedback to warn others since this joker is selling other high end items and I don't want anyone else to go through this non sense.
I think its the right way to proceed for all concerned. The feedback system is there for a reason to warn the unwary of unscrupulous sellers of which this is obviously one. Its in Ebay's interest to police the feedback system. If you get a retaliatory 'positive' feedback contact Ebay and get it removed. They say once feedback is left its there for good but in reality thats definitely not the case. They will understand the sellers motivations and they don't take kindly to that kind of manipulation of the system. GL getting the refund. Keep us informed.
Old 29 May 2018, 03:58 AM   #42
westsiderkg
"TRF" Member

By the way here is the alias and email address of the scammer.

Rosanna Berte

rosannaberte40@gmail.com
Old 29 May 2018, 04:03 AM   #43
77T
2024 Pledge Member

So what happened with the eBay claim you filed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2018, 04:11 AM   #44
westsiderkg
"TRF" Member

Pending refund but what a mess to say the least!!!
Old 29 May 2018, 04:14 AM   #45
wesdaniel
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Varies
Did you at least get to keep the watch?

Sorry, couldn't resist

Quote:
Pending refund but what a mess to say the least!!!
wesdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2018, 04:18 AM   #46
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesdaniel View Post
Did you at least get to keep the watch?

Sorry, couldn't resist
I want to know what the watchmaker/AD said when they did the inspection......

I can just imagine...."Ebay made me do it"
Old 29 May 2018, 04:19 AM   #47
westsiderkg
"TRF" Member

lol yes.

If anyone wants it for free they are welcomed to it.
Old 29 May 2018, 07:46 AM   #48
edweather
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I’m not trying to start an argument with you whatsoever
I don't mind if you are 100% right. Doesn't bother me a bit.

I'm still video taping the opening of a box with a high priced item in it. You do what you like and I'll do what makes me happy too.

Hey, then I can post the youtube video of the "complete unboxing" of my new Rolex from Fedex to the open air.
Old 29 May 2018, 09:05 AM   #49
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edweather View Post
I don't mind if you are 100% right. Doesn't bother me a bit.

I'm still video taping the opening of a box with a high priced item in it. You do what you like and I'll do what makes me happy too.

Hey, then I can post the youtube video of the "complete unboxing" of my new Rolex from Fedex to the open air.
just making sure you don’t mistake my tone as trying to be rude towards you.

And again, just to reiterate, what you’re doing is in no way ‘bad’, just overkill for what’s necessary. Absolutely do whatever makes you feel comfortable