The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 22 October 2018, 08:21 AM   #1
tyjeeyea
"TRF" Member

Rubber B fitment issues??

What's up TRF! been a long time lurker and recently I purchased a milgauss Z blue for my 34th birthday. Along with that, i ordered a RubberB strap. After a very difficult installation process, I was finally able to get the strap on. However... the fitment shocked me.. I've heard countless raves about RubberB straps, but have their product QC gone south? Or i'm just the lucky one to get that ONE dud... Please share your experience with me!

P.S. I've already contacted RubberB.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg milgauss rubberb fail.jpg (248.1 KB, 1053 views)
tyjeeyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2018, 08:30 AM   #2
Wobbly
"TRF" Member

That doesn't look good.

Is it the correct strap for the Milgauss ?
Wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2018, 08:51 AM   #3
Kostas
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: @ kostastimepieces
If the band has indeed clicked in the lug holes and sits like that , I would say it’s the wrong model band for the milgauss
Kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2018, 09:06 AM   #4
tyjeeyea
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the comments guys. Since i've already contacted RubberB, i hope they fix this issue asap. Their rubber strap is very comfortable and soft. Also, i really like the look of the milgauss on it!
Old 22 October 2018, 09:13 AM   #5
Ben.McDonald7
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116500LN
I didn't realize rubber b made one for the milagaus. I have the same type of black with blue stripe for my BLNR and the fitment is perfect with no installation issues.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
Philippians 3:13-14
Ω Omega Speedmaster Pro
Ω Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra Good Planet LE
Rolex Daytona 116500LN
Rolex Submariner Date 126610LV
Rolex Explorer II 16570
Ben.McDonald7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2018, 09:16 AM   #6
Kostas

I had a look at the rubberb website and particularly at the milgauss gallery , and although they don’t show a side on shot , most of their pics seem to show a gap , maybe not well thought out due to the extra thickness of the milgauss case.

Old 22 October 2018, 09:30 AM   #7
Seibei
Banned

Watch: 114060
Looks like "they are all like that"...
Seibei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2018, 11:30 AM   #8
sunnygps
2024 Pledge Member

OP - is that a zblue that you are trying the RubberB on? It will not work. I bought one for my zblue and had to return it. I was told by RubberB that the Milgauss strap they sell on their website will not fit the green crystal Milgauss. This was at the beginning of summer this year. They are still working with their factory/vendor to manufacture the strap that meets their strict standards.

I have RubberB straps for two other Rolex watches and they are a perfect fit for those watches.

I hope that helps.
sunnygps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2018, 02:12 PM   #9
tyjeeyea
"TRF" Member

wow you guys are the best! thanks for the comments and your experiences. I'll definitely be returning the strap. hopefully they'll accept it since i threw out the plastic...
Old 22 October 2018, 04:50 PM   #10
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Just cannot see the point of these overpriced rubber straps,many change and scratch there cases and for what IMHO a cheap looking rubber strap.Rolex watches always look best on there bracelets if guys want rubber straps then buy a Rolex with its own fitted rubber strap as standard.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2018, 10:36 PM   #11
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Back when I was buying several rubber straps this past summer I found a number of different reviews pointing towards fitment issues with the RubberB bands. It was enough to get me to buy slightly less expensive Everest straps and an Isofrane. The Everests fit without issues. The Isofrane doesn't have the fitted end however I had to go to thinner end pins in order to use it.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2018, 10:45 PM   #12
Kostas

Yeah , there are no fitment issues with rubberb , just this particular model it seems ...
Old 22 October 2018, 11:08 PM   #13
marc2828
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP,LV,SD43,PAMs
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Just cannot see the point of these overpriced rubber straps,many change and scratch there cases and for what IMHO a cheap looking rubber strap.Rolex watches always look best on there bracelets if guys want rubber straps then buy a Rolex with its own fitted rubber strap as standard.
agree 100%
marc2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2018, 11:25 PM   #14
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Quote:
Peter,

Just for balance to your post.

1) Rubber B straps are cheaper than, but ultimately just as good as, Rolex's own Oysterflex (in my experience).

2) I've never known you to be concerned about a few scratches here and there which will, of course, be taken care of at routine service (as you often point out)

3) The entry price for buying a Rolex with its own rubber strap fitted is £19,200 (in the UK). To suggest that if someone whats a Rolex on a rubber strap they should just drop nearly £20,000 rather than buying an extremely well made and engineered, high quality product for £200 is, quite frankly, ridiculous.

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2018, 11:28 PM   #15
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostas View Post
Yeah , there are no fitment issues with rubberb , just this particular model it seems ...
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. He isn't really there. Really ignore him!!!

Old 22 October 2018, 11:34 PM   #16
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogwldFLTR View Post
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. He isn't really there. Really ignore him!!!
Rubber B has had only had known fitment issues with the SD4K

The SD4k's issues (extremely tight fitment) are resolved with slightly slimmer spring bars that are supplied with he strap, however many don't use the replacement bars and hence have difficulties. Its generally user error Lee

Old 23 October 2018, 12:43 PM   #17
tyjeeyea
"TRF" Member

I didn't receive any springbars with my purchase. Also, Carol C. from RubberB got back to me. Told me that they've known this issue for the Milgauss GV (green glass) for some time now and they've been trying to develop a gen 2 version of their rubber strap for the Milgauss GV. I wonder why they didn't note this on their website. Big fail in my books. Thankfully, I'm able to return it with no issues. She also said the gen 2 strap is set to be released in 8 weeks or so.
Old 24 October 2018, 01:43 AM   #18
bravetony
"TRF" Member

No issues here. This is probably my favorite way to wear the sd43, although will go back to oyster for the holidays. Their straps only use the OEM Rolex spring bars except for the sd4k like devildog said.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg pcana5.jpeg (288.1 KB, 711 views)
bravetony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2018, 02:04 AM   #19
ashokleyland
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060,PAM,DJ
Icon12

Quote:
to each his own.
Old 24 October 2018, 06:40 AM   #20
AndyWright
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Deepsea
Love mine, but waiting for another one.

I can add something maybe useful to this discussion. I have the first generation strap for my MG green glass model (it says M103 on it). Before I purchased it, a guy at Rubber B service warned me it would maybe not easily mount onto my green model. But I got it anyway two years ago because I just couldn't wait. I had a dealer install it. Definitely did not take him more than eight or so minutes, but my other experiences with RB straps is usually 2 minutes to install. Anyway, I wanted a dual colored one as well this year, but I'm waiting for the new straps to come out soon (M115) so I can install it myself and also they say the fitment will be flush perfect to the case like my other RB's are on my Sub and Daytona. They're saying another three weeks I guess. CAN'T WAIT!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg orange b on my mg.jpg (63.6 KB, 668 views)
AndyWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2018, 07:20 AM   #21
JonnyBCisco
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 15400 White
Andy just wanted to say marvelous combo. I have the same setup and it is my favorite.
JonnyBCisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2018, 07:20 AM   #22
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
Peter,

Just for balance to your post.

1) Rubber B straps are cheaper than, but ultimately just as good as, Rolex's own Oysterflex (in my experience).

2) I've never known you to be concerned about a few scratches here and there which will, of course, be taken care of at routine service (as you often point out)

3) The entry price for buying a Rolex with its own rubber strap fitted is £19,200 (in the UK). To suggest that if someone whats a Rolex on a rubber strap they should just drop nearly £20,000 rather than buying an extremely well made and engineered, high quality product for £200 is, quite frankly, ridiculous.
Great points. Was gonna say something similar. Now I don't have to lol.
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2018, 07:43 AM   #23
Seibei
Banned

Watch: 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyWright View Post
I can add something maybe useful to this discussion. I have the first generation strap for my MG green glass model (it says M103 on it).
That is just gorgeous.
Seibei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2018, 09:59 AM   #24
tyjeeyea
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyWright View Post
I can add something maybe useful to this discussion. I have the first generation strap for my MG green glass model (it says M103 on it). Before I purchased it, a guy at Rubber B service warned me it would maybe not easily mount onto my green model. But I got it anyway two years ago because I just couldn't wait. I had a dealer install it. Definitely did not take him more than eight or so minutes, but my other experiences with RB straps is usually 2 minutes to install. Anyway, I wanted a dual colored one as well this year, but I'm waiting for the new straps to come out soon (M115) so I can install it myself and also they say the fitment will be flush perfect to the case like my other RB's are on my Sub and Daytona. They're saying another three weeks I guess. CAN'T WAIT!!
Great combo! Hows the fitment? is it completely flush onto the case? I can't wait either for gen 2! In the meantime, I'm talking with John from Dangerous Straps for a custom strap project for the milgauss. Any one have any experience with custom straps?
Old 25 October 2018, 11:44 PM   #25
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadridv View Post
Great points. Was gonna say something similar. Now I don't have to lol.

Old 16 January 2019, 05:45 AM   #26
JohnAndrew
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16800, 16803,79170
Quote:
My job takes me in the water four to six times a week. I've worn my Sub on both bracelets (oyster & jubilee) but like the flexibility of rubber straps on the Yamamoto neoprene of my wetsuits.
As far as the scratching, whatever....

JohnAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2019, 06:18 AM   #27
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
Rubber B has had only had known fitment issues with the SD4K

The SD4k's issues (extremely tight fitment) are resolved with slightly slimmer spring bars that are supplied with he strap, however many don't use the replacement bars and hence have difficulties. Its generally user error Lee
Yes I was buying for the SD4K. Now we have the Milgauss as well with issues. I'd say that only two models still gives them a perfect score; not!!!

Old 16 January 2019, 06:34 AM   #28
R!$
Banned

Quote:
+1
R!$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2019, 06:34 AM   #29
jhondo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Panerai Pam 91
Rubber a-okay. Everest not

I've got the everest strap for a Submariner 16613 holes case and I had major trouble getting it to fit. When I informed them of this problem they sent me spring bars for a no holes case sub even though I specified I had an early 90s holes case Submariner . I had to heat up a drill bit of slightly larger diameter than the current lug hole and melt a larger hole to get it to fit. No problem with Rubber B.
jhondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2019, 06:36 AM   #30
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhondo View Post
I've got the everest strap for a Submariner 16613 holes case and I had major trouble getting it to fit. When I informed them of this problem they sent me spring bars for a no holes case sub even though I specified I had an early 90s holes case Submariner . I had to heat up a drill bit of slightly larger diameter than the current lug hole and melt a larger hole to get it to fit. No problem with Rubber B.
What!? You serious? You drilled into your case? You did all that and then just bought a rubber b?
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote