The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 19 October 2019, 01:12 AM   #61
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_135 View Post
Well I think I have decided I am going to sell the Speedmaster, get the Explorer so I'll have a Submariner and Explorer, two watch collection. I really enjoy the Speedmaster in the watch box but I find I don't wear it as often as I'd wear an Explorer, and it's so easily replaceable that I can always pick up another one if I miss it. I know the Sub and Explorer are similar but I like the idea of one watch under the radar, one a bit more flashy but both will work with just about anything. This forum is a great resource and a huge pain in the ass all at the same time haha, but I do appreciate your help.
Good choice.
Old 19 October 2019, 01:53 AM   #62
NLYogi
"TRF" Member

One watch guy here. I love my Explorer and am quite sure that this reference would please most Rolex guys. I can truly say I do not like the Submariner look so much.

Furthermore I advise to take your time with a watch and you will be more happy than flipping around all the time.

1 Watch guy
NLYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2019, 05:21 AM   #63
Finslayer83
"TRF" Member

Watch: DW-5600
Quote:
Well I think I have decided I am going to sell the Speedmaster, get the Explorer so I'll have a Submariner and Explorer, two watch collection. I really enjoy the Speedmaster in the watch box but I find I don't wear it as often as I'd wear an Explorer, and it's so easily replaceable that I can always pick up another one if I miss it. I know the Sub and Explorer are similar but I like the idea of one watch under the radar, one a bit more flashy but both will work with just about anything. This forum is a great resource and a huge pain in the ass all at the same time haha, but I do appreciate your help.

Same pair my journey ended with.
Finslayer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2019, 06:33 PM   #64
sinkholeninja
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ocean 2000
Quote:
Great choice. Sub & Explorer are most definitely NOT similar, so you have two Rolex classics to last you a lifetime. Wear them in good health.
Old 21 October 2019, 07:55 PM   #65
playford
"TRF" Member

Is the Sub really an issue, or is it just that you are bored?

Personally, flog the speedy and put that towards clearing whatever debt and then save for whatever you want next.

You flog the sub and change your mind thats gonna be a heartache to re-buy.
playford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2019, 10:34 PM   #66
emtee
"TRF" Member

Love my Explorer and would be the one watch I would keep if I had to sell the others. In fact I did just that a few years ago which included a VC Overseas. That’s how much I like it ��
emtee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2019, 04:57 PM   #67
explorer1982
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer 39mm mk2
I see a lot of similarities between the way you describe your situation, and mine before I bought my Explorer I 39mm mkII back in February. I have worn it nearly every day for the past 9 months and the excitement has hardly faded. In fact, that slow release has probably enhanced my appreciation for the exquisite design.

The watch is NEARLY a one-watch collection. I dress it up to a suit and down to workout clothes and it just works like a chameleon. However, it has created a slight itch for the older reference Explorer II polar on tan leather for those casual weekend afternoons in shorts and a t-shirt.

Everything I read and watched about the Explorer turned out to be true for me. It's rare to encounter in the wild, highly versatile, remarkably fast to read the time, simple yet complex in the perfection of its simplicity, and feels both classic heritage + futuristic at the same time. I could go on and on about this watch, so suffice to say, for my first and only luxury watch purchase, 9 months in, I'm THRILLED I chose the 214270 mkII.

+ photos perfectly in its natural habitat paired with a suit jacket or a puffy jacket.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (265.6 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (281.0 KB, 88 views)

Last edited by explorer1982; 14 November 2019 at 05:05 PM.. Reason: add photos
explorer1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2019, 12:05 AM   #68
Rolex fan 61
"TRF" Member

The explorer is a beautiful watch you will not be disappointed.
Rolex fan 61 is offline   Reply With Quote