The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 14 November 2019, 11:00 AM   #1
scottrockstar
"TRF" Member

WG Day Date President 1803 Bracelet

Sorry in advance if a newbie question. Question is how hard is it to source a white gold President bracelet for a day date 1803? Any idea where to get one? How much should I expect to pay? Thanks.
scottrockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2019, 11:09 AM   #2
mobster600
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes
eeek lol the short answer is your going to pay a lot for it. They are a rarity.

Honestly your better off buying a complete WG 1803- which sells for a big premium over the YG BTW.

My recommendation is enjoy the watch you have on a strap. OR sell the watch you own and use the cash towards the bracelet version. But finding a WG 1803 is hard and you will end up paying close to a 118239 OR spend a little more and get the newer MUCH improved 118239 which are VERY cheap(relatively speaking)

Probably not the best answer, but the juice might not be worth the squeeze. Depends on how bad you want the bracelet. I wouldnt buy one if I were you.
mobster600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2019, 11:23 AM   #3
miamiclay
2024 Pledge Member

It’s thought that about 10-15% of 1803s are WG, so maybe it’ll be 7-10X harder than YG ... but still easier than rose gold.

Watch the sales forum here, VRF, eBay, and there is a parts/accessories subsection of Chrono24. It may take a while. One possibility might be to check with Rolliworks and LA Watchworks, perhaps they have bought bracelets when people declined their estimates?

I’d guess you’re looking at $6K easy for a nice one - If you find one that’s all stretched out, a Rolliworks refurbish is about $1500.
miamiclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2019, 01:13 PM   #4
scottrockstar
"TRF" Member

Thanks all. Helpful.
scottrockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2019, 07:04 PM   #5
zapokee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrockstar View Post
Sorry in advance if a newbie question. Question is how hard is it to source a white gold President bracelet for a day date 1803? Any idea where to get one? How much should I expect to pay? Thanks.
They're like hen's teeth. I had massive problems even finding a couple of extra links for mine.

Rolex will sell you a new one, though. For WG I was quoted USD 600 per link plus a couple of grand for the clasp and end links. You'll need around 20 links (and a big wallet).

Or you can get a nice leather strap for 100 bucks...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 70934951_710463089434044_3703585836270521839_n.jpg (188.9 KB, 159 views)
zapokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2019, 07:12 PM   #6
mineral
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapokee View Post
They're like hen's teeth. I had massive problems even finding a couple of extra links for mine.

Rolex will sell you a new one, though. For WG I was quoted USD 600 per link plus a couple of grand for the clasp and end links. You'll need around 20 links (and a big wallet).

Or you can get a nice leather strap for 100 bucks...

I agreed with this. Not easy to find.

Owning the WG with its original president bracelet is just another level and will smile every time when you look at it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 14 November 2019, 07:18 PM   #7
zapokee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mineral View Post

Owning the WG with its original president bracelet is just another level and will smile every time when you look at it :)
Very nice. Prices for these haven't gone silly over the last few years like those for vintage Subs and GMTs have. Get in while you can!

You're probably looking at 15 - 20 grand for a decent one with a bracelet at the moment. Jacek had a nice one with box and papers for 20 grand a while ago.
zapokee is offline   Reply With Quote