The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 19 February 2022, 09:52 AM   #31
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket_Man View Post
I stopped in Lewis Jewelers Clear Lake today. The Rolex section was walled off with plastic. The security guard is gone. I guess Omega and Breitling don't rate a security guard. I talked to the SA, but she was not the normal watch SA. She said they lost their AD status in November. Part of the overall reduction of ADs. She mentioned IW Marks. She said around 200 ADs have been closed? Not sure about that number. The store was a nice modern store, the Rolex section was nicely done. To me it just looks like Rolex is pulling their ADs back from lower population areas to higher density areas. They are remodeling the Rolex section into an Omega 'Boutique' and hope to be able to sell Omega Boutique pieces like the Snoopy. But they did not have a Speedy Pro Hesalite to show me. This is the best part.... she says they sell pre-owned Rolex and have one that is fully stickered (A sky dweller) and a Pepsi GMT that is obviously never been worn. Both selling at Market Price. The Pepsi, which I was on the 'waiting list' for, they were asking $24,900. Part of me was thinking this is the watch they did not sell to me. I passed.

Honestly I'm not that excited about Rolex right now and not getting the Pepsi is not a big deal. I'm saving my money for other things. A Spring Drive Grand Seiko is at the top of my list. Perhaps a Speedy Pro but can't decide between the sapphire and hesalite.
See my comment in post #6.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote