The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 10 September 2011, 04:11 AM   #1
belk7
"TRF" Member

Finally tried a Watchadoo bracelet.....

and I really shouldn't have waited this long!! These are absolutely terrific

I've always appreciated the value of Seiko watches and have owned, kept, or passed along a few over the years. The OM and BM get a lot of justified love here on TRF, and the standard OEM bracelets they are fitted with are really quite good IMO. Seiko makes another "Monster" for those of us who like orange divers that doesn't get quite as much attention, the SNM037, sometimes called the Landmonster. I've had one of these for a while, and have always liked the size, two crowns, and the black bezel. My only real disappointment with it is the Seiko rubber strap. It's functional, and I'm sure others love it and sing its praises, but it has just never really been a favorite of mine. On the occasions that I have worn this watch, it is typcally on a black ZULU. A few days ago, I stumbled upon a photo of this model on a Watchadoo bracelet. The photos looked good, the Watchadoo is one of the most reasonably priced upgrades out there (at least I think so), so I ordered one. The guys in Australia wasted NO time getting it shipped, and six days after my order, the bracelet was in my mailbox. I LOVE this combo. My appreciation for the watch has increased, and the extremely well made, solid link bracelet just works aesthetically. A bunch of Seiko lovers have fitted these to other models, including the OM and BM, and it seems to work on all of them very well. I went with the 20mm to fit the LM straight up, but several of the guys like to get the 22mm (20mm bracelet but with the final two full links tapered up to 21 and 22 respectively) and file down the endpiece to fit the lugs. I think both approaches work great, so tapered or straight becomes a personal preference. I understand that the OEM Seiko clasp can easily be fitted on these as well, but the clasp on the bracelet as delivered seems to be very well made, so I'm going to leave mine alone for now.

So here are photos of my "new" (re: reborn) SNM037 with the 20mm straight Watchadoo. I'd love to see other TRF members' photos of their own Watchadoos

belk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2011, 04:19 AM   #2
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Great addition to that Seiko, Chris!

I did the same w/ a Yobokies Anvil so I could get a 22mm bracelet w/ 20mm end links. Reviews state both brands are very comparable, comfortable and solidly built.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2011, 04:21 AM   #3
belk7
"TRF" Member

Thanks, Dan. It certainly adds another nice option to switch things up. A no-brainer at the price IMO.
belk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2011, 05:22 AM   #4
TSW
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP's
Looks good!

AP Owners Club
IG @swiss.watch.connection
TSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2011, 05:24 AM   #5
KingJames
"TRF" Member

Looks sharp!
KingJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2011, 09:17 AM   #6
Saxon007
"TRF" Member

I liked mine. It went with the watch when I flipped it.

Old 10 September 2011, 09:58 AM   #7
gaopa
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer II
Your watchadoo looks great! I have 3 of them, one a Glycine Combat Sub, and 2 on Lum-Tec B series watches. The watchadoo is good quality and a great look for a very reasonable price. Well done on your watchadoo! Cheers, Bill P.
gaopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2011, 01:40 PM   #8
watchdaddy1
Banned

Watch: strap whore

cHRIS i OWN 3 Watchadoo bracelets, fantastic price for the value & it's always nice to switch things up a bit. adds life to the dust collectors so they can once again get the wrist time they deserve.CONGRATS on the 1 st , I promise it wont be your last
watchdaddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote