The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex Watch Gallery

Old 30 September 2021, 01:22 AM   #1
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Icon14 Rolex 126710BLRO Pepsi. December 2018 variation

Rolex 126710BLRO PEPSI. This is a Dec 2018 model.

Old 30 September 2021, 03:58 AM   #2
EagleBear
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Great shots that is a very well trained Bear ;) I’ve always wanted to smoke a “real” good Cuban Cigar but always thought I’d get suckered if I tried.
EagleBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2021, 04:15 AM   #3
wez004
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBear View Post
Great shots that is a very well trained Bear ;) I’ve always wanted to smoke a “real” good Cuban Cigar but always thought I’d get suckered if I tried.
Why, is it because you live in the USA and Cuban goods are still part of a trade embargo and you would have to buy on the black market? If that's the case I'm really sorry to hear that as you're missing out on one of life's greatest pleasures. There's nothing like smoking a decent aged Cuban cigar.

In the photos, the La Gloria Cubana is Cuban, but the Hoyo; I think has a band indicating the Cigar is from the Honduran Hoyo de Monterrey company.
wez004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2021, 04:30 AM   #4
wez004
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
Rolex 126710BLRO PEPSI. This is a Dec 2018 model.

Thanks so much for sharing the photos of this beautiful piece. The photos have come out really well and show off the beautiful deep black dial and stunning steel bracelet with the bezel giving it the bright pop of colours.

I'm so excited for you. Wear it well and in good health. I hope it gives you many, many years of enjoyment.

The reason I'm partly so excited is I've got one being delivered tomorrow 30th September! Same year as it happens.
Old 30 September 2021, 10:01 AM   #5
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wez004 View Post
Thanks so much for sharing the photos of this beautiful piece. The photos have come out really well and show off the beautiful deep black dial and stunning steel bracelet with the bezel giving it the bright pop of colours.

I'm so excited for you. Wear it well and in good health. I hope it gives you many, many years of enjoyment.

The reason I'm partly so excited is I've got one being delivered tomorrow 30th September! Same year as it happens.
Oh, man good luck sleeping tonight. This is as close to being a kid Christmas Eve. A incoming is still one of the funnest events for we adult WIS.
Old 30 September 2021, 11:30 AM   #6
wez004
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Oh, man good luck sleeping tonight. This is as close to being a kid Christmas Eve. A incoming is still one of the funnest events for we adult WIS.
You're not wrong about it being similar to a child waiting for Christmas, I'm getting similar feelings of excitement. I've spent most of this evening researching the GMT and looking at photos of it and it's now 2 am. I've taken the day off work as I have to personally take delivery of it.

I've been wanting a GMT II since I first saw the beauty of the Batman ceramic bezel. In 2016 I came across a new old stock Black Dial Explorer II 16570 and ideas of the GMT II faded as I was very happy with the Explorer II which has served me well. After the release of the steel Pepsi on the Jubilee bracelet, I just had to have it, it's such a sexy watch. It's taken a few years to get the money together and I've traded my old faithful Explorer II which I've developed a certain sentimentality for. But given the secondary market price for the Pepsi, I had to trade the Explorer against it. I keep telling myself I don't need two GMT watches but the Explorer II is so low key compared to the bling to the Pepsi.
Old 1 October 2021, 02:01 AM   #7
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Some forbidden fruit wallpaper.

Old 1 October 2021, 07:37 AM   #8
wez004
"TRF" Member

Loving my Pepsi

It arrived and was well worth the wait. It's absolutely gorgeous, the ceramic bezel pops in the blue and red. I just love the Jubilee bracelet and it adds a level of sophistication that the Oyster doesn't. This is my first Rolex with the Jubille bracelet and I'm so glad I went Jubilee. A few pictures, but we all know what they look like by now.

gmt3.jpg

gmt2.jpg

gmt1.jpg
Old 1 October 2021, 12:54 PM   #9
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

^^^^^

Outstanding. The way the Rolex market is going, you were lucky to get such a unique color Pepsi. I hope you celebrated with a good cigar and some relaxing reflection on your Pepsi. It’s a rock star.
Old 1 October 2021, 06:06 PM   #10
wez004
"TRF" Member

Quote:
^^^^^

Outstanding. The way the Rolex market is going, you were lucky to get such a unique color Pepsi. I hope you celebrated with a good cigar and some relaxing reflection on your Pepsi. It’s a rock star.
I'm not sure, but I guess after the Daytona that the Pepsi may well be the next watch with the biggest demand (maybe the Skydweller?). I'm not sure luck played much of a part, they are out there if you want one, you gotta pay the big bucks. It cost me basically list price plus a VG condition 2008 16570 Explorer II. The Average used price is about £ 16500.00. I've seen unworn for £ 16k - 17k. I just went with a peace of mind dealer on the internet rather than try and hunt something down and buy off some random eBay account.

I did indeed smoke a Cigar with a nice 12 Y/O Glenfiddic. I also reflected on the nature of money and what makes things valuable. The Pepsi is not a £16000.00 watch but I'm absolutely F**king loving it, It's a rock star.