The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 7 May 2020, 02:17 AM   #1
Ledoov
"TRF" Member

Watch: lusting for SD43
Getting feedback first sale conundrum

Hello, i'm new here. I posted a Rolex for sale on the forum, but i'm finding it hard to gain trust for very understandable reasons.

What are some points you can guide me with on how to gain trust from buyers, and get my first review so this gets easier over time for me.

What payment methods do you recommend so that both buyer and myself are covered? Is PayPal still the best way? i just hate handing over 3% to them.

What outside forums, recommendations, Linkedin profiles or whatever can i share to re-assure people?

thank you
Ledoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2020, 02:27 AM   #2
watchmework
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO, 116600
Hey Eric....I'd read over there rules in the for sale section, think you are allowed to bump your own thread once a day. You're right though, being relatively new on here will dissuade some from pursuing the purchase. I'd ensure you're as accessible, honest and upfront as possible...and providing references from sales on other websites like you did with the cameras is a good start. You may find someone that is local to your area that will want the watch on here, I think that's you're best bet as you can meet FTF. Good luck
watchmework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2020, 02:28 AM   #3
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledoov View Post
Hello, i'm new here. I posted a Rolex for sale on the forum, but i'm finding it hard to gain trust for very understandable reasons.

What are some points you can guide me with on how to gain trust from buyers, and get my first review so this gets easier over time for me.

What payment methods do you recommend so that both buyer and myself are covered? Is PayPal still the best way? i just hate handing over 3% to them.

What outside forums, recommendations, Linkedin profiles or whatever can i share to re-assure people?

thank you
What else have you sold? EBAY profile and feedback? References from other sales on other forums?
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2020, 03:16 AM   #4
Ledoov
"TRF" Member

HI I've sold on FREDMIRANDA forums some expensive leica cameras and hasselblad gear over the years. have over 30+ sales on there, all super positive.
Old 7 May 2020, 03:17 AM   #5
Ledoov
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmework View Post
Hey Eric....I'd read over there rules in the for sale section, think you are allowed to bump your own thread once a day. You're right though, being relatively new on here will dissuade some from pursuing the purchase. I'd ensure you're as accessible, honest and upfront as possible...and providing references from sales on other websites like you did with the cameras is a good start. You may find someone that is local to your area that will want the watch on here, I think that's you're best bet as you can meet FTF. Good luck
Thank you, this helps.
Old 7 May 2020, 03:22 AM   #6
Ledoov
"TRF" Member

i can't even find my original FS post now...
Old 7 May 2020, 09:22 AM   #7
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledoov View Post
i can't even find my original FS post now...
Prob deleted by the mods for some infraction. Check the rules and make sure you in compliance. Ads can be removed without notice.
CorradoBrit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feedback , for sale , rolex