+1
+2
Rolex 226570, Explorer II Club
DJ2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2021, 04:37 AM   #62
richard371
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN White
I like both and most of all the watches I have owned were Rolex and Omega. I decided to be a 1 watch guy and got the 116500 white in 2016 from an AD. Its my fav watch but I kinda missed Omega and wanted a chronograph with a display back so I picked ups the SMP 9900 Diver blue chronograph. The thing is a beast but I think its even a notch above the Daytona as far as quality which is already impressive. With the SS Daytonas almost hitting 40K now im just not conformable wearing it every where so its nice to have the SMP. Also Ive had it for a month now and its only gained almost a second.
richard371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2021, 06:12 AM   #63
greengold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard371 View Post
I like both and most of all the watches I have owned were Rolex and Omega. I decided to be a 1 watch guy and got the 116500 white in 2016 from an AD. Its my fav watch but I kinda missed Omega and wanted a chronograph with a display back so I picked ups the SMP 9900 Diver blue chronograph. The thing is a beast but I think its even a notch above the Daytona as far as quality which is already impressive. With the SS Daytonas almost hitting 40K now im just not conformable wearing it every where so its nice to have the SMP. Also Ive had it for a month now and its only gained almost a second.
exactly same as me wearing my hulk was wearing on london underground and suddenly realised if i got mugged thats £11k gone right there and then..sold it for smp300 dont regret it. Want the OP41 green tho now but slips under radar more than hulk. That sunburst is like candy to the pro thief
greengold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2021, 06:11 AM   #64
Rolexfan05
"TRF" Member

I’m somewhat new to luxury watches. I have 2 omegas (planet ocean 8900 and the new speedmaster sapphire sandwich) and I have a datejust 41 on jubilee. I’ve always wanted to get more into Rolex, but not being able to see models and having to get on waitlists makes it tough. Going into an omega AD or boutique and actually being able to see the watches, try them on, and buy one is really nice. Plus, the quality is so great so I don’t feel like I’m missing out on much by not having more Rolex watches in my collection. I’ll slowly get more watches, but for someone new to the market, omega makes more sense I think. Especially since I prefer to buy new for myself and won’t pay grey market prices for a Rolex.
Rolexfan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2021, 07:25 AM   #65
trippinjimmy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengold View Post
exactly same as me wearing my hulk was wearing on london underground and suddenly realised if i got mugged thats £11k gone right there and then..sold it for smp300 dont regret it. Want the OP41 green tho now but slips under radar more than hulk. That sunburst is like candy to the pro thief
trippinjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote