The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > Announcements/feedback & support

Old 11 June 2020, 08:14 AM   #1
Guinness11
"TRF" Member

NOS member - Rolex ban rant - Anesthesia - Covid19 - Dad

Longer post (thanks for reading). Why Im posting this is buried in here . . hope you will take the time to read.

My name is Daniel and I have been a member (or former member now) of the forum for > 10 years. I have never been a big poster but I visit the forum daily to read, learn, and just enjoy everything rolex. There are only certain threads I visit on the site regularly. . “general rolex discussion”, “for sale Rolex” “ for sale non-rolex”.

I want to pause here and tell you a little bit about my life in the past two months so you can understand why what just happened to me on this forum was actually quite a blow.

I am a practicing Anesthesiologist. I’ve been working day in and day out throughout this pandemic taking care of Covid positive and non-Covid positive patients. As it turns out my father is also an anesthesiologist. My father lives in New York and currently still practices. I live around the Pennsylvania area.

On April 15, 2020 I lost my father to COVID-19 (he was still doing cases in NY) I didn’t even get a chance to talk/see him. Im hurting. After all those years serving others he died alone without me or any family at his bedside. He got stuck at an inner-city hospital that ran out of supplies and was too overwhelmed to provide him basic care (not their fault just the way it is/was).
This is just the reality and I understand that more than anyone working in healthcare. He got a ventilator but in the end developed a kidney injury and there was no dialysis machine for him. This has been just devastating.

Obviously a long long story much shorter my personal relationship with him as a child was never easy. We didn’t have the best relationship for a long time but as I got older we built it back up. This is one of those situations where the son ends up caring for the father as he became slightly disabled (mental and physical).

Looking back at my childhood I realized my father never actually bought me anything. I never got any gifts from him. I mean i get it not everyone has it easy and i dont mean to sound like every kid must get gifts but a childhood where literally you never get that attention from a parent can be tough. I would have been happy with a slingshot, a pair of sneakers, anything literally! No biggie it’s just the way it was I didn’t really make much of it but looking back now a realize i suffered some trauma by him and after loosing him suddenly like this and being full of mixed emotions I sort of feel bad for myself a little bit. I was a devoted son to him.

So here was my plan. (this is kind of personal but what the heck) I received some insurance money as his son after loosing him. My plan was to buy myself a gift and make it from him. Technically it actually would be from him. What could be better than a Rolex to serve this purpose. Something to remember my dad every time I look down on my wrist.

Btw I own two rolexes to date that I am very proud of. A DJ silver stick fluted bezel, and submariner date. The submariner date was purchased from a very well-known seller here on the forum (And I’m sure at the end of this not knowing how this will play out he would vouch for me) This forum has been good to me overall.

You know how it goes sometimes on the forum there are weeks where you get more excited and visit more frequently and then sometimes you fall off for a bit of time busy with life and work.

I was all in these past days checking the forum multiple times per day looking for the watch I have decided I will get as the gift. Now that some AD’s in the Pennsylvania area are open back up I went in to visit them in person.

I have no idea why I did the next part. . It was later in the evening and for some reason I wandered into the “looking to buy” section on the site. I saw a post for a member looking to buy a platinum Daytona. I remember just two days earlier being physically at the A.D. I saw a new one there (Didn’t try on as that’s out of my league). I messaged the seller almost never posting or private messaging anyone in years. I said "hey I saw one of these at my local A.D. let me know if you’re interested". I had NO idea about the implications of sending this message. I literally thought hey what the heck I can give this guy a good tip to get the watch he wants. I know what it feels like being on the hunt for the watch you want. I don’t even know if the platinum Daytona is hard to find new at AD. Honestly i literally thought I was doing another member a solid.

Anyhow the next morning after preparing to roll back to the Operating room I checked the site on my phone the way I usually do and to my disbelief . . banned?? No explanation?? And for a timeframe of “never”?!?

Fellas - I think I took it for granted having a username and being part of this forum for over 10 years. I don’t think I realized it but now I see I felt like I was part of this online family. Clearly I made a mistake sending that PM. I was pretty out of touch with all the scams and how sending a PM like that could be perceived. Try to understand what I’m feeling right now. Although I didn’t post much over the years being suddenly stripped of your account feels terrible. I have sent multiple emails and messages trying to explain my situation without any reply back. I hope the moderators will read this post and understand that you may not always get it right. To take someones account away after years of visiting this forum so suddenly is horrible. It is possible for someone to make an honest mistake and I don’t feel that should justify losing my whole account and years worth of memories attached to it suddenly and without being heard.

Here I am In the midst of everything going on in my life and in hot pursuit of the watch my father will finally gift me. My feelings about the site and about the whole process of buying this watch. . my idea, my excitement has all really been taken back some because of this incident. Honestly I almost feel like a criminal! This is crazy.

Now that my eyes are open to all the scamming going on I feel foolish I sent this PM (and to the user that reported it) I can well understand why you did. I just want you to know that in this particular caseyou and the moderators have got it wrong[/B]. I honestly would like my account reinstated and to go back to the way it was.

In the meantime I had to create a new account and I chose the username “Versed” This is the brand name for the medication Midazolam, A benzodiazepine medication that I give to patients every single day to ease anxiety and fear of the operating room. The medication deliberately causes amnesia so patients are not traumatized by the process of surgery.

I want to be amnestic to the events of my personal life the past couple months. This Rolex forum event was an unnecessary blow I didn’t need. you got the wrong guy.

If anyone would like to verify any part of my story I would be happy to provide as much additional information as needed. Just let me know.

Thank you all for allowing me to rant.

Daniel

P.s If anyone Has any tips on how I can get this situation rectified please let me know I would be very grateful.
Guinness11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2020, 09:14 AM   #2
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Send a PM to Lol-x explaining the situation, or asking him to read this. Most of the hacking/phishing done here is by people responding to WTB ads, so yours may have been caught up in that flurry of reports we have been getting lately.
Old 11 June 2020, 09:48 AM   #3
Guinness11
"TRF" Member

Will do that immediately thank you. I tried to post this in “Rolex general discussion” and I see they moved me to a low traffic area
Old 11 June 2020, 10:04 AM   #4
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versed View Post
Will do that immediately thank you. I tried to post this in “Rolex general discussion” and I see they moved me to a low traffic area
It's not a "low traffic area". It's the place to post if you want to get "feedback & support" and issues resolved. And a temporary redirect was left in Rolex General Discussion, so you actually had eyes on this in two places.
Old 11 June 2020, 10:10 AM   #5
Guinness11
"TRF" Member

Understood. My mistake
Old 11 June 2020, 11:32 AM   #6
Endoscopist
"TRF" Member

GI here... I am very sorry about the loss of your dad. I read your whole post and it struck many nerves.

As a board certified internist with experience, I did what you did during the pandemic in the epicenter, in a city hospital in Brooklyn, NY.

Day in and day out, I would try to make jokes and smile behind my full face respirator so that my own fear of dying or infecting my family (a 4yr old boy and an 8month pregnant wife) would not be too obvious.

I am a watch nut, but I have not yet owned a Rolex because I am just getting out of fellowship and money is tight.

April 7th was my dad’s birthday and my brother and I gifted him a Hamilton Khaki King. I wish I could have afforded a Rolex because he’s getting up there in age and I don’t know if I will make it to buy him one.

On May 1st, which happens to be my mom’s birthday, my wife and I strolled past the 2 refrigerated trailers and covid tent at her hospital to deliver our baby girl.

We have been through hell and back. Life ends and it begins. I hope you don’t mind that I felt compelled to share my story with you and tell you that I love your idea of getting yourself a Rolex from your dad. Make that purchase to forever remind you of your dad.

One day, I hope to be able to get a Rolex for both my son and daughter.

Stay strong friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Endoscopist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2020, 08:39 AM   #7
Guinness11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endoscopist View Post
GI here... I am very sorry about the loss of your dad. I read your whole post and it struck many nerves.

As a board certified internist with experience, I did what you did during the pandemic in the epicenter, in a city hospital in Brooklyn, NY.

Day in and day out, I would try to make jokes and smile behind my full face respirator so that my own fear of dying or infecting my family (a 4yr old boy and an 8month pregnant wife) would not be too obvious.

I am a watch nut, but I have not yet owned a Rolex because I am just getting out of fellowship and money is tight.

April 7th was my dad’s birthday and my brother and I gifted him a Hamilton Khaki King. I wish I could have afforded a Rolex because he’s getting up there in age and I don’t know if I will make it to buy him one.

On May 1st, which happens to be my mom’s birthday, my wife and I strolled past the 2 refrigerated trailers and covid tent at her hospital to deliver our baby girl.

We have been through hell and back. Life ends and it begins. I hope you don’t mind that I felt compelled to share my story with you and tell you that I love your idea of getting yourself a Rolex from your dad. Make that purchase to forever remind you of your dad.

One day, I hope to be able to get a Rolex for both my son and daughter.

Stay strong friend.

------------

I don't mind at all, thank you reading the post and for sharing a couple of your experiences during this crazy time. My Dad actually did his residency back in the day at Brookdale hospital in Brooklyn.

Congrats on your new baby girl and completing your fellowship. What an intense story you will have for her some day.

Stay safe
Old 12 June 2020, 11:02 AM   #8
Knappo 1307
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness11 View Post
Longer post (thanks for reading). Why Im posting this is buried in here . . hope you will take the time to read.

My name is Daniel and I have been a member (or former member now) of the forum for > 10 years. I have never been a big poster but I visit the forum daily to read, learn, and just enjoy everything rolex. There are only certain threads I visit on the site regularly. . “general rolex discussion”, “for sale Rolex” “ for sale non-rolex”.

I want to pause here and tell you a little bit about my life in the past two months so you can understand why what just happened to me on this forum was actually quite a blow.

I am a practicing Anesthesiologist. I’ve been working day in and day out throughout this pandemic taking care of Covid positive and non-Covid positive patients. As it turns out my father is also an anesthesiologist. My father lives in New York and currently still practices. I live around the Pennsylvania area.

On April 15, 2020 I lost my father to COVID-19 (he was still doing cases in NY) I didn’t even get a chance to talk/see him. Im hurting. After all those years serving others he died alone without me or any family at his bedside. He got stuck at an inner-city hospital that ran out of supplies and was too overwhelmed to provide him basic care (not their fault just the way it is/was).
This is just the reality and I understand that more than anyone working in healthcare. He got a ventilator but in the end developed a kidney injury and there was no dialysis machine for him. This has been just devastating.

Obviously a long long story much shorter my personal relationship with him as a child was never easy. We didn’t have the best relationship for a long time but as I got older we built it back up. This is one of those situations where the son ends up caring for the father as he became slightly disabled (mental and physical).

Looking back at my childhood I realized my father never actually bought me anything. I never got any gifts from him. I mean i get it not everyone has it easy and i dont mean to sound like every kid must get gifts but a childhood where literally you never get that attention from a parent can be tough. I would have been happy with a slingshot, a pair of sneakers, anything literally! No biggie it’s just the way it was I didn’t really make much of it but looking back now a realize i suffered some trauma by him and after loosing him suddenly like this and being full of mixed emotions I sort of feel bad for myself a little bit. I was a devoted son to him.

So here was my plan. (this is kind of personal but what the heck) I received some insurance money as his son after loosing him. My plan was to buy myself a gift and make it from him. Technically it actually would be from him. What could be better than a Rolex to serve this purpose. Something to remember my dad every time I look down on my wrist.

Btw I own two rolexes to date that I am very proud of. A DJ silver stick fluted bezel, and submariner date. The submariner date was purchased from a very well-known seller here on the forum (And I’m sure at the end of this not knowing how this will play out he would vouch for me) This forum has been good to me overall.

You know how it goes sometimes on the forum there are weeks where you get more excited and visit more frequently and then sometimes you fall off for a bit of time busy with life and work.

I was all in these past days checking the forum multiple times per day looking for the watch I have decided I will get as the gift. Now that some AD’s in the Pennsylvania area are open back up I went in to visit them in person.

I have no idea why I did the next part. . It was later in the evening and for some reason I wandered into the “looking to buy” section on the site. I saw a post for a member looking to buy a platinum Daytona. I remember just two days earlier being physically at the A.D. I saw a new one there (Didn’t try on as that’s out of my league). I messaged the seller almost never posting or private messaging anyone in years. I said "hey I saw one of these at my local A.D. let me know if you’re interested". I had NO idea about the implications of sending this message. I literally thought hey what the heck I can give this guy a good tip to get the watch he wants. I know what it feels like being on the hunt for the watch you want. I don’t even know if the platinum Daytona is hard to find new at AD. Honestly i literally thought I was doing another member a solid.

Anyhow the next morning after preparing to roll back to the Operating room I checked the site on my phone the way I usually do and to my disbelief . . banned?? No explanation?? And for a timeframe of “never”?!?

Fellas - I think I took it for granted having a username and being part of this forum for over 10 years. I don’t think I realized it but now I see I felt like I was part of this online family. Clearly I made a mistake sending that PM. I was pretty out of touch with all the scams and how sending a PM like that could be perceived. Try to understand what I’m feeling right now. Although I didn’t post much over the years being suddenly stripped of your account feels terrible. I have sent multiple emails and messages trying to explain my situation without any reply back. I hope the moderators will read this post and understand that you may not always get it right. To take someones account away after years of visiting this forum so suddenly is horrible. It is possible for someone to make an honest mistake and I don’t feel that should justify losing my whole account and years worth of memories attached to it suddenly and without being heard.

Here I am In the midst of everything going on in my life and in hot pursuit of the watch my father will finally gift me. My feelings about the site and about the whole process of buying this watch. . my idea, my excitement has all really been taken back some because of this incident. Honestly I almost feel like a criminal! This is crazy.

Now that my eyes are open to all the scamming going on I feel foolish I sent this PM (and to the user that reported it) I can well understand why you did. I just want you to know that in this particular caseyou and the moderators have got it wrong[/B]. I honestly would like my account reinstated and to go back to the way it was.

In the meantime I had to create a new account and I chose the username “Versed” This is the brand name for the medication Midazolam, A benzodiazepine medication that I give to patients every single day to ease anxiety and fear of the operating room. The medication deliberately causes amnesia so patients are not traumatized by the process of surgery.

I want to be amnestic to the events of my personal life the past couple months. This Rolex forum event was an unnecessary blow I didn’t need. you got the wrong guy.

If anyone would like to verify any part of my story I would be happy to provide as much additional information as needed. Just let me know.

Thank you all for allowing me to rant.

Daniel

P.s If anyone Has any tips on how I can get this situation rectified please let me know I would be very grateful.
I'm very sorry for your loss. Reading your comment, I'm sure you saying your dad is currently practicing is just an oversite? It does seem a little scary to anyone he treated, with your second comment about you taking care of your dad after he became slightly disabled physically and mentally. I hope the mental part was just an oversite also, as a physician yourself, knowing your father had a mental condition and still practiced would not be good. Anyway, I hope you find your gift from him and enjoy it and think of him every time you look down at it.
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2020, 11:21 AM   #9
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Might I presume that Steve has fully reinstated you?

That’s because the username under which I am reading this most interesting thread shows you at a longtime member in good standing...

If so, bravo for your long explanation and Steve’s understanding nature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2020, 10:23 AM   #10
swaini3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675 GMT, DRSD
Dear Daniel,
Glad you got your account back. Sorry for the loss of your father. enjoy the forum
swaini3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2020, 01:11 PM   #11
Guinness11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
Might I presume that Steve has fully reinstated you?

That’s because the username under which I am reading this most interesting thread shows you at a longtime member in good standing...

If so, bravo for your long explanation and Steve’s understanding nature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yes after following the above instructions and with the help of this thread I woke up to a great surprise that I was in-fact reinstated.

Really want to thank the administrators and everyone else that helped get me back online. I know they didn't have to take the time to examine my specific case so Im very grateful.

I can now continue my search for the gift/watch as originally planned with a clearer head. This all means alot. Thank you
Old 19 June 2020, 04:23 PM   #12
gejay99
"TRF" Member

Glad you’re back and it all worked out to your favor.

Old 19 June 2020, 04:41 PM   #13
BNA/LION
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
Great to hear you are back!

I really hope you find the perfect watch to honor your Father.

All the best to you in the future!

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2020, 11:43 AM   #14
Guinness11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gejay99 View Post
Glad you’re back and it all worked out to your favor.

Thanks for your help.
Old 21 June 2020, 02:17 PM   #15
Doc Savage
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Submariner 124060
I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Hopefully you are in a better place now. I hope you are able to find that perfect Rolex that will be his gift to you.

Also glad to hear it all worked out with your forum name restoration. Don't be a stranger on the forum!

-Edward O. Wilson
Doc Savage is offline   Reply With Quote