The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 30 July 2020, 12:16 PM   #1
newenglandpatriot
"TRF" Member

There should be no, my watch was stolen!

So you invested in a luxery watch. But you didnt invest in a safe. I good one like Liberty, Fort Knox, or Amsec are recommended. The offer fire, and theft protection and can be bolted down to the floor. Being mugged is something that is different. My liberty have electronic monitoring linked to my phone. It tells me the inside temperature, humidity, if its being moved, including tremors from earthquakes, if the door has been opened, everything you need. Buying a luxery watch is like buying a luxery car and not insuring it. Oh, you also get a discount on you homeowners insurance as well. Its just hard to feel sorry for someone that gets their watch stolen and doesnt have a home alarm(with remote dialer) and/or a safe. You have no one to blame but yourself. Sorry to sound cold, but it happened because you did nothing to protect your investment. Titles should read my watch was stolen from my house because I didnt spend the money to protect it.
newenglandpatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2020, 12:59 PM   #2
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandpatriot View Post
So you invested in a luxery watch. But you didnt invest in a safe. I good one like Liberty, Fort Knox, or Amsec are recommended. The offer fire, and theft protection and can be bolted down to the floor. Being mugged is something that is different. My liberty have electronic monitoring linked to my phone. It tells me the inside temperature, humidity, if its being moved, including tremors from earthquakes, if the door has been opened, everything you need. Buying a luxery watch is like buying a luxery car and not insuring it. Oh, you also get a discount on you homeowners insurance as well. Its just hard to feel sorry for someone that gets their watch stolen and doesnt have a home alarm(with remote dialer) and/or a safe. You have no one to blame but yourself. Sorry to sound cold, but it happened because you did nothing to protect your investment. Titles should read my watch was stolen from my house because I didnt spend the money to protect it.
"LUXURY" Perhaps you should invest in spell check.
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2020, 01:12 PM   #3
swils8610
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

OP...having a bad day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
swils8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2020, 01:47 PM   #4
Spectre38
"TRF" Member

Watch: and be amazed.
Let me guess... You sell safes for a living?
Old 30 July 2020, 01:55 PM   #5
47Fountain
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub & Deep sea
Quote:
My head hurts. That's hard to read.
47Fountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2020, 01:59 PM   #6
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
Originally Posted by 47Fountain View Post
My head hurts. That's hard to read.

No kidding. Spelling, grammar, paragraphs....guess none of that comes with the safe.

Go home safe promotion guy, you’re drunk!!!
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2020, 02:01 PM   #7
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Uhm... yeah.
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2020, 02:03 PM   #8
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

“Is it safe” to read about safes?
Old 30 July 2020, 03:08 PM   #9
GradyPhilpott

Watch: 116710 BLNR
Thank you, Mr. Know it all!

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
GradyPhilpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2020, 03:46 PM   #10
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
I knew you were the the guy from the Camo & Ammo sub Reddit’s.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2020, 04:47 PM   #11
joli160

Watch: Yachtmaster
It’s a sad time if we think that when not having a safe it’s normal that your watch will be stolen.
Old 30 July 2020, 05:15 PM   #12
Burlington
"TRF" Member

My sock drawer is safer

― Winston S. Churchill
Burlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2020, 05:38 PM   #13
Uggi
Banned

Tip: don't post on the internet after three bottles of wine.
Uggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2020, 05:52 PM   #14
newenglandpatriot
"TRF" Member

sorry just had a minor stroke. I am having had time with it
Old 30 July 2020, 05:53 PM   #15
newenglandpatriot
"TRF" Member

no I dont sell safes
Old 30 July 2020, 05:55 PM   #16
Andad

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uggi View Post
Tip: don't post on the internet after three bottles of wine.
Tip: I only see some posts when they are reposted....

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2020, 05:58 PM   #17
newenglandpatriot
"TRF" Member

sorry folks I had a minor stroke- tia

It is very hard to see, spell and have correct grammar when you cant see and everything is blurry. Hope you never get this. Maybe you know someone that has. It is a struggle.
Old 30 July 2020, 06:02 PM   #18
newenglandpatriot
"TRF" Member

joli same thing as a seatbelt. you never expect to need it, but if you have accident, its nice to have. Just like a condom, better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. Random violence and crime is just that, random. Better to be prepared for the unexpected..
Old 30 July 2020, 06:09 PM   #19
Andad

Quote:
sorry just had a minor stroke. I am having had time with it
Sorry to read this.

I did not know this.

I apologise for my posts if they were out of line.

E.

Old 30 July 2020, 06:15 PM   #20
newenglandpatriot
"TRF" Member

There should be no, my watch was stolen!

Redone, because some commented I was drunk. No, I had a stroke.So you invested in a luxury watch. But you didnt invest in a safe. A good one like Liberty, Fort Knox, or Amsec are recommended. Amsec more costly. They offer fire, and theft protection and can be bolted down to the floor. Being mugged is something that is different. My liberty has electronic monitoring linked to my phone. It tells me the inside temperature, humidity, if its being moved, including tremors from earthquakes, if the door has been opened, everything you need. Buying a luxury watch is like buying a luxury car and not insuring it. Oh, you also get a discount on your homeowners insurance as well. Its just hard to feel sorry for someone that gets their watch stolen and doesnt have a home alarm(with remote dialer) and/or a safe. You have no one to blame but yourself. Sorry to sound cold, but it happened because you did nothing to protect your investment. Titles should read my watch was stolen from my house because I didnt spend the money to protect it, and I thought it would never happen to me. Why do you lock your doors then? Locks keep honest people out, not criminals. Sorry folks from my misspelled post, had stroke and it is very difficult to deal with. And no, not drunk, I dont drink poison that ruins your health and makes people do stupid things.
Old 30 July 2020, 06:20 PM   #21
Andad

I will apologise again as I did on your original thread.

I have nothing else to add that would not sound patronising.

E.

Ps. There are some ‘best safes to buy’ threads one the Forum if you search.

Old 31 July 2020, 12:13 AM   #22
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
Redone, because some commented I was drunk. No, I had a stroke.So you invested in a luxury watch. But you didnt invest in a safe. A good one like Liberty, Fort Knox, or Amsec are recommended. Amsec more costly. They offer fire, and theft protection and can be bolted down to the floor. Being mugged is something that is different. My liberty has electronic monitoring linked to my phone. It tells me the inside temperature, humidity, if its being moved, including tremors from earthquakes, if the door has been opened, everything you need. Buying a luxury watch is like buying a luxury car and not insuring it. Oh, you also get a discount on your homeowners insurance as well. Its just hard to feel sorry for someone that gets their watch stolen and doesnt have a home alarm(with remote dialer) and/or a safe. You have no one to blame but yourself. Sorry to sound cold, but it happened because you did nothing to protect your investment. Titles should read my watch was stolen from my house because I didnt spend the money to protect it, and I thought it would never happen to me. Why do you lock your doors then? Locks keep honest people out, not criminals. Sorry folks from my misspelled post, had stroke and it is very difficult to deal with. And no, not drunk, I dont drink poison that ruins your health and makes people do stupid things.
I have a safe to keep important papers such as vehicle titles and passports. I have only one watch a solid gold Submariner, so it is always on my wrist. Don't need a safe for one watch. As for break ins, I bought a brand new built home in a new neighborhood and have security cameras on the front, back and inside my house. I also have the second amendment to protect my family and household. What else do I need? Nothing.
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2020, 12:26 AM   #23
CKizzy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tachymeter
One word OP - PARAGRAPHS!
CKizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2020, 12:33 AM   #24
dnpina
Banned

Watch: 126610 LV
Ok
dnpina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2020, 12:33 AM   #25
330ci
"TRF" Member

I don't think that it's fair to blame victims of burglary for not having what sounds like an outrageously expensive safe. even at 26 society continues to blow my mind with how untrustworthy and crappy it can be at times. Call me naive, dumb or whatever, but I try not to let a few bad seeds muddy up the world for me. I don't lock my car doors, I don't have a safe, I've been stolen from plenty, and it was people I thought were friends. never a random stranger. but were someone to ever take my Rolex, It most certainly wouldn't be my fault because I didn't buy some multi thousand dollar box to store it. It would be because some scumbag took what wasn't theirs.
330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2020, 12:46 AM   #26
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
I keep my watches by the side of my chair.

DAVE

daveathall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2020, 01:28 AM   #27
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Interesting post
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2020, 01:38 AM   #28
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Safest place for a watch is on the wrist. Most stories I come by people leave them in the gym locker, at home, in their car and they go missing.
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2020, 01:52 AM   #29
214270Explorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: me buy Watches
Many people seem to simply leave their expensive jewelry (watches, rings, bracelets, family antique items) out and unsecured for the sneak thieves or day-time burglars to walk away with, laughing all the way.

Also seems to be a big issue with celebs and getting their homes broken into after they have mouthed off about "going to be at ______ / going to be on tour" ______ at such and such a time.

Little sympathy for those "previous" owners who can't be bothered to secure their belongings. Although some victims occasionally state "it was insured - so what."

Rolex "some"
Tudor "some"
Damasko "some"
Misc Pieces "some"
Marathon "some"
GS Spring Drive "some"
Hamilton "some"
Findeisen "some"
214270Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2020, 01:57 AM   #30
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16613
Sorry to hear about your recent stroke OP. I understand the fingers and mouth don’t often relay what the brain is telling them to. I witnessed this for 9 yrs with my mother after a major stroke and the frustration she experienced with the problems. I hope they caught yours soon enough and wish you a full speedy recovery.

That being said. Where there is a will there is a way. If a thief knows you have valuables you’re making yourself a target. You can “prevent” theft and targeting to a degree by being vigilant, know your surroundings and put the proper safeguards in place to protect your life and property. If someone really wants something you have they will figure out a way.

Unfortunately beyond living in a vault and never leaving you can not ensure 100% security and safety. There’s Youtube videos of people using rare earth magnets and bypassing the electronic locks used on many popular safes today. Stories of dogs being poisoned. I’ve seen holes torched in the sides of Conex’s just so they could steal a couple thousand dollars worth of materials.

A safe may prevent some thieves but not all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MrGoat is offline   Reply With Quote