The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 13 April 2023, 12:40 AM   #1
Andrejb
2024 Pledge Member

Black Bay Pro authenticity check

Just doing my due diligence on a potential purchase.

Buying from a new member on a FB collectors group with no sales history. Wanting to know if it looks good.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Andrejb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2023, 12:49 AM   #2
Cronus251
Banned

For a watch at this price point I would go with a trusted seller. I would NEVER buy from a zero history new member. For example, you can get that watch from Watchbox for $4500 with box and papers. You can also make an offer and they will offer a discount if you wire rather than use a CC. With that said, I have one that I bough when they were released and dropped it in my safe to give to my son when he turns 16 later this year and from what I can tell looking at it, it looks really good. But no way to tell authenticity since I am not as well versus on what to look at on a Tudor vs. a Rolex for example.

My $.02 though, it's a fantastic watch. I wore it for the first weekend after I bought it before I stored it away and was really impressed. If I didn't already have a 216570, I would absolutely keep it for myself and wear it
Cronus251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2023, 01:49 AM   #3
Andrejb
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronus251 View Post
For a watch at this price point I would go with a trusted seller. I would NEVER buy from a zero history new member. For example, you can get that watch from Watchbox for $4500 with box and papers. You can also make an offer and they will offer a discount if you wire rather than use a CC. With that said, I have one that I bough when they were released and dropped it in my safe to give to my son when he turns 16 later this year and from what I can tell looking at it, it looks really good. But no way to tell authenticity since I am not as well versus on what to look at on a Tudor vs. a Rolex for example.

My $.02 though, it's a fantastic watch. I wore it for the first weekend after I bought it before I stored it away and was really impressed. If I didn't already have a 216570, I would absolutely keep it for myself and wear it

For sure. I definitely agree with you.

This is being offered to me at 4700CAD (3500usd) He also gave me a receipt, his linkedin profile and is willing to ship me the watch before I pay. Seems like a stand up guy.

Old 13 April 2023, 04:11 AM   #4
wesdaniel
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Varies
If you can get the watch before payment or go through an escrow service, then you really have nothing to lose. The watch looks legit, the only question is whether he actually has it in hand.
wesdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2023, 12:26 PM   #5
Andrejb
2024 Pledge Member

Thanks for the answers so far. The more opinions the better