The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 2 April 2024, 12:10 PM   #1
Editoratmosphere
"TRF" Member

Considering a 16233 from 1992 - what should I know?

Hello!

I am looking at watches, and one of the options I've considered is getting a Datejust 36 16233 from my birth year - 1992.

Currently, I'm only considering buying domestic and with a 12 month guarantee, which seems to be the standard for used luxury watches here in Denmark - naturally from companies specializing in used luxury watches, and guaranteeing the authenticity of their watches.

I've never had a vintage watch before, let alone a Rolex. My impression of Rolex is that their watches are of a good enough quality that I don't need to be "afraid" of buying a watch of such a vintage - assuming that it's been treated properly and serviced as well.

Are there any things I should know, before looking further into the idea? Any potential problems with the 3135 or in general with the 16233?

Thank you in advance :-)
Editoratmosphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2024, 03:27 PM   #2
996marty
"TRF" Member

Watch: RolexGMT/Tudor7928
Anything you do find you need to come back and post photos and by doing that you’ll get feedback on what you’re actually looking at. The people on here have an unbelievable amount of knowledge on what’s right and wrong. And when you do find something post the price also as that has an influence on if something is worth it or not
996marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2024, 11:11 PM   #3
TuRo
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the detectives
The 162** series is the last of the classic DJ's (slim cased, old skool bracelet etc) imho.

Calibre 3135 trusty workhorse found in millions of Date pieces eg Subs, Datejusts etc.

No lug holes of course and sapphire crystal makes it quite modern to many of us crusties.

Little fun fact it is also (in the 16220), the last Datejust with an engined turned bezel !
Well, give me all you got but not love"
DIFFERENT FOR GIRLS - Joe Jackson
TuRo is offline   Reply With Quote