The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 19 July 2010, 03:07 AM   #1
1340jas
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub Date 'V'
Advice regarding authenticity

Please look at the attached link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROLEX-W-D-wris...item1c14022ce0

Description:

You are bidding for a Ladies Rolex W&D wristwatch. The watch case is made of gold and is hallmarked. The watch strap appears to be made of a brass type material. This may not be the original strap. The diameter of the watch case is 1 inch exactly and it is 3/8ths of an inch in thickness. The watch has a hand winding button, but the item is not working. The face consists of a silver finish with the numerals in black. There is a second hand which is located at the bottom centre of the dial. This rotates within it's own circular dial which is marked 10-20-30-40-50-60. Each of the back and front covers are hinged to open. Within the back cover I can see the name ROLEX beneath is stamped, 9 in a diamond shape with the number 375 beneath that, At the bottom are the letters W&D and SWISS.

The watch is stamped with the following number:- 1140103. I believe this watch type was the forerunner of the famous ROLEX brand.

You may gather that I know nothing about watches. This item once belonged to my late Father in law. He was a Jeweller for about thirty years before passing away during the1950's. I have attempted to describe the watch to the best of my abilities. If you require more photographs, I can obtain them for you. Please email me for any further information.
1340jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2010, 03:20 AM   #2
BASSETHOUNDS
Banned

Watch: 116520/660/710/334
Do not know a lot about those very old ones . We have seen many come out of the woodwork lately , trench watches etc..
What I find odd is that the seller mentions Wilsdorf and Davis but omits to mention the "Rolex" that is engraved inside the case ??
No mention of provenance as even he has a high feedback .. ancient watches are not really his line .
BASSETHOUNDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2010, 03:29 AM   #3
1340jas
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub Date 'V'
Yes, I thought it looked like one of those " my dad was a jeweller and gues what I found in his safe" lines...
1340jas is offline   Reply With Quote