The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 15 August 2021, 06:35 PM   #1
Ascot
"TRF" Member

26574ST with limited history with boutique.

Has anyone had a chance to buy a Perpetual Calendar from boutique with limited purchase history with AP? I’ve only bought an offshore from a boutique and previous RO purchases from grey market won’t count. Feedback from couple of boutiques including AP House in London hasn’t been very encouraging. I am keen on one but not sure how to get one without having to buy more offshores or Code.
Ascot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2021, 10:30 PM   #2
Ap3100
"TRF" Member

Not going to be possible with no purchase history. I am after the same watch in rose gold and was told basically multiple times not a chance without purchase history. Going to purchase code chrono and then hope for best
Ap3100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2021, 12:55 AM   #3
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Allocations are really tightening up and if AP House aren’t already giving you encouraging feedback then I don’t think it’ll happen any time soon. The focus is turning to existing relationships and I’ve been told that from the end of this year no existing relationship = no watch allocation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2021, 06:14 AM   #4
DJH1977
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post
Allocations are really tightening up and if AP House aren’t already giving you encouraging feedback then I don’t think it’ll happen any time soon. The focus is turning to existing relationships and I’ve been told that from the end of this year no existing relationship = no watch allocation.

I’ve been told the same.
DJH1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2021, 06:40 AM   #5
GW44
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Icon5

Quote:

Assume referral/introduction business side steps the definition of “existing relationship” mantra to a degree Ash?
GW44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2021, 06:45 AM   #6
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Quote:
Originally Posted by GW44 View Post
Assume referral/introduction business side steps the definition of “existing relationship” mantra to a degree Ash?

Actually I’m not sure but I hope so.

AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2021, 01:41 PM   #7
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
no existing relationship = no watch allocation.
Hm. Have to make sure I don't let my relationship expire.

26574ST - not long ago they went for a (moderate) discount on the grey market.
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2021, 01:56 PM   #8
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
Hm. Have to make sure I don't let my relationship expire.

26574ST - not long ago they went for a (moderate) discount on the grey market.
Funny how the world is isn't it? At about $58k on annoucement, everyone decried how expensive the watch was. (Low WR, low power reserve, STEEL!?!) Raise prices, and people can't get enough of it. Cards on the table, I fall sadly into that same camp.

To OP, highly unlikely. They would piss off many large fish. Also, my understanding is that in the US, Codes are starting to sell very quickly as well distorting the spending pool.

At this point, I think it's safe you say you better show up at the door with a Code to start. Pun intended.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2021, 05:11 PM   #9
Ap3100
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrowatch View Post
Funny how the world is isn't it? At about $58k on annoucement, everyone decried how expensive the watch was. (Low WR, low power reserve, STEEL!?!) Raise prices, and people can't get enough of it. Cards on the table, I fall sadly into that same camp.

To OP, highly unlikely. They would piss off many large fish. Also, my understanding is that in the US, Codes are starting to sell very quickly as well distorting the spending pool.

At this point, I think it's safe you say you better show up at the door with a Code to start. Pun intended.
Can confirm , barely any codes in 2 boutiques I went to in us and overseas. Just grey code in chronograph only one I have seen. 3-4 month wait on blue codes
Ap3100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2021, 02:04 PM   #10
seadubs
"TRF" Member

Geneve has a 1 year wait on blue HMS codes
seadubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2021, 03:46 PM   #11
Ascot
"TRF" Member

I just did a quick check of prices on grey market for a brand new Perpetual Calendar on websites as Chronext. They are quoting a price very similar to retail price (just about €1000 more). To me it looks like PC doesn’t command massive premium, not sure why there is a long lead time though.
Old 17 August 2021, 04:33 PM   #12
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascot View Post
I just did a quick check of prices on grey market for a brand new Perpetual Calendar on websites as Chronext. They are quoting a price very similar to retail price (just about €1000 more). To me it looks like PC doesn’t command massive premium, not sure why there is a long lead time though.
A link for those bargain RO QPs would be nice..
Old 18 August 2021, 12:17 AM   #13
watchguy1234
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This is incorrect. Retail for a blue SS is around $75k and on the secondary market they go for $140k. Almost 2x.
watchguy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2021, 08:38 AM   #14
Ascot
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchguy1234 View Post
This is incorrect. Retail for a blue SS is around $75k and on the secondary market they go for $140k. Almost 2x.
Hi Watchguy what I mentioned is correct for Germany. PCs are seemingly available for about a €1000 over the retail price
Old 18 August 2021, 09:01 AM   #15
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Hook a brother up!

@Ascot, I sincerely recommend you buy every single one available at 1k EUR over list.
Old 18 August 2021, 09:04 AM   #16
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

My less sincere and completely sarcastic comment, please try to get me the 26574PT (note I said PT) watch from Jomashop's listing of an in stock one at 184k.
Old 18 August 2021, 11:22 AM   #17
watchguy1234
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hi Watchguy what I mentioned is correct for Germany. PCs are seemingly available for about a €1000 over the retail price

Are these prices €1000 over the retail over retail for you? Retail on the steel blue is $75,000 in the US. Also, those watches are not even in stock. Look on Chrono24 and learn. Royal Oak QP is one of the most difficult models to get right now.
watchguy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2021, 03:45 PM   #18
Ascot
"TRF" Member

Watchguy you are looking at the US site of this company. The German (.de) website lists the price as €79,090.
Old 18 August 2021, 10:30 PM   #19
HMHM
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Watchguy you are looking at the US site of this company. The German (.de) website lists the price as €79,090.
Could you drop the link here? I would be very surprised if it is indeed that price for a RO QP of the current generation.
HMHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2021, 02:28 AM   #20
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMHM View Post
Could you drop the link here? I would be very surprised if it is indeed that price for a RO QP of the current generation.
https://www.chronext.de/audemars-pig...220st-02/U4690

The price of 79900 Euro is listed as "estimated price" with a disclaimer "The Audemars Piguet Perpetual Calendar is not currently available". So, there is a listing close to MSRP, but availability is at least very questionable.

Even with travel still impacted, the watch market is much too efficient to allow huge regional price/availability differences, in particular in the secondary market where money = availability.
Old 19 August 2021, 02:42 AM   #21
Ascot
"TRF" Member

I think its fair to say this is a hard piece to get anyway, and possibly getting harder. I managed to be added to the list with a boutique I do have some history with. Let's see if and when I move to the front of queue!!!!