The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Wanting To Buy - Watches etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27 August 2015, 06:03 PM   #1
Gilroy
"TRF" Member

WTB 1969 1665 DRSD .... Birth year... Today's my birthday!!

Jumped in cold water as the clock struck midnight. Had a revelation. An epiphany.. A CATHARSIS!! As a gift for my birthday I'm going to forgo shoes for the children, relegate myself to blended whiskies, and sit in the bleachers. I'll drive the Subaru into the ground. I'll sell the unnecessary. For my 50th birthday I'd like to reward myself, in surviving as many years through occasional (MANY!) lapses in reason and logic, bad judgement, laying with bad women and lying to good ones, staying up too late, and getting up far too early, to dig holes where they don't belong, AND SURVIVING, a VERY SPECIAL present: the elusive 1969 1665. You're doing the math- 50th birthday? Yea. Minutes ago I turned 46. As a dreamer AND a realist, I know it will probably take ATLEAST 4 years to find 'my precious'. In the category of "unobtainium". Ridiculous? BAH!
A MAN CAN DREAM!!
Dig through your eccentric uncles wall safes! Pilfer the Salvation Army! Make a good man that still has love in his heart and joi de vivre find that miracle!!
I'll keep stuffing the pickle jar and hope the gods smile down.
To anyone who's read this far, find your fun. And hold on tight. And slap the people who didn't, then tell them to find their fun. Be well, wrist-watchers.
THANKS! -Pete
Gilroy is offline   Reply With Quote