The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 23 November 2018, 05:44 AM   #1
gironawatch
"TRF" Member

Clowes Nash Auctions Ltd. Norfolk NR17 2LD selling fakes in auction platforms like th

In response to your letter regarding Lot Number 4, a Ladies 18ct Gold/ Steel Rolex Lady Datejust and Lot Number 13, mixed Rolex parts from our online auction ending 13th August 2018, I would firstly like to point out the item descriptions to you, I have copy and pasted these below to avoid any confusion:

Lot 4:

"Gorgeous 18ct Gold/ Steel Rolex DIAMOND Lady DateJust - £11,200 Valuation - Complete
Absolutely stunning, treat yourself or someone special!
This watch comes complete with the following items:
- Rolex cream outer box & sleeve
- Rolex wave design green leather/ cream suede inner box
- Rolex cream suede watch cushion
- Rolex DateJust model booklet
- Rolex Guarantee/ original warranty certificate and booklet
- 2017 Valuation @ £11,200.00
- April 2018 pressure test receipt
- Rolex green leather wallet
- Rolex hang tags x2
Details:
Rolex Datejust
Stainless steel case (Ladies size)
Unmarked sapphire crystal with Date Mag
Stunning Genuine Rolex Gloss White dial with Roman Numeral hour markers
Bezel: 18ct Yellow Gold set with stunning bright white Diamonds
Rolex signed 18ct Yellow Gold crown
18ct Yellow Gold & Stainless steel Jubilee bracelet (including original Rolex clasp)
*Some parts fitted may be aftermarket and accessories are for collection purpose only. Viewings welcomed prior to auction ending”

Lot 13:

Rolex Mixed Parts - Ceramic/ 18K Gold Bezels/ Dial etc.
Please see imagery - 18K Gold bezel, Bimetal link, 116500LN Daytona bezel & protector, Tags, Dial
*Collection purposes only, some parts may be aftermarket

After finally completing payment for the above lots, these were posted by Clowes Nash Auctions Ltd via Special Delivery. You were sent and received all of the above items exactly as described and photographed in the auction description. This included the original certificate issued by Rolex stating the watches individual model and serial number. Using the word “fake” in your descriptions of the goods you received is frankly utter nonsense. I can see from your report carried out by ‘Luxury Watch Repairs - Hatton Garden’ that they have actually confirmed that this is in fact a genuine Rolex with only an “aftermarket” bezel and “generic” glass fitted. At this point, let me please point out the closing statement from the individual lot description (Lot 4) below:
“*Some parts fitted may be aftermarket and accessories are for collection purpose only. Viewings welcomed prior to auction ending”
This also applies to the description supplied with Lot 13:
“*Collection purposes only, some parts may be aftermarket”

Finally, please see the below Terms & Conditions which were signed and agreed by yourself when accessing the right to bid on our auction:

Details are provided in good faith. They should not be relied upon as fact and buyers make their own investigations where measurements & weights or authenticity are critical, Buyers should make themselves satisfied they are happy with the lot before they bid as viewing is available on all lots by prior appointment, all bids are non cancellable. Some watches may have aftermarket diamonds or other parts fitted to which we cannot determine, viewing recommended to satisfy yourself prior to bidding on all lots.
NOTICES:- CLOWES NASH AUCTIONS LTD for themselves and for the vendors whose agents they are, give notice that:

(ii) all descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and /or use, Authenticity and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct but any intending purchasers should not rely upon them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them;

(iii) no person in the employment of CLOWES NASH AUCTIONS LTD has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property;
SALE OF GOODS ACT 1979 (AS AMENDED): BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS AUCTION YOU AGREE TO WAIVER YOUR RIGHTS TO THE SALE OF GOODS ACT 1979 (AS AMENDED) AS ALL ITEMS ARE AVAILABLE FOR INSPECTION PRIOR TO BIDDING & ALL ITEMS SOLD AS SEEN.

THE MENTION OF ANY CONDITION WITHIN THESE AUCTION PARTICULARS DOES NOT IMPLY THEY ARE IN FULL AND EFFICIENT WORKING ORDER.
BOXES: All Jewelery items are sold with NO BOX, however where possible we will endeavour to send the item in a box.
WATCHES: All watches are sold untested and needing attention unless stated as in working order.

Clowes Nash Auctions Ltd consider this dispute closed and will not pursue any further. If you wish to take further action, that is up to you. I would strongly recommend you reconsider the circumstances highlighted in this email and our terms and conditions before incurring further personal costs in escalating a case with any governing bodies

With Regards

Clowes Nash Auctions Ltd.
Rookery Business Park
Silver Street
Besthorpe, Attleborough
Norfolk. NR17 2LD
United Kingdom
clowesnash@aol.com
www.cna-ltd.com
gironawatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2018, 06:57 AM   #2
cht
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Cliff notes explaining what's going on might help...
cht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2018, 08:18 AM   #3
MoosicPa
"TRF" Member

Watch: King Midas & Subma
There is a difference between a fake watch and an original watch with "aftermarket" parts.
MoosicPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2018, 09:12 AM   #4
exador
Banned

Pointless post. Auction House has covered itself well. Caveat Emptor
exador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2018, 11:43 AM   #5
mistercoach32
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
I am even a bigger fan of Cliffnotes on TRF than I was in high school and college.....and that's saying something. Thanksgiving tryptophan kicked in one line into Lot 4.
mistercoach32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2020, 12:49 AM   #6
gironawatch
"TRF" Member

they buying damage rolex on ebay etc and the repair those with fake parts, and sale it on the auction to inflate price, i presumed they bidin in they own items, but cant prove this,
i send the rolex to the rolex shop to check and came back to me rolex fited with fake parts,
gironawatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2020, 12:53 AM   #7
joli160
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
That’s what they mentioned in the description, no wrong doing here
Old 6 November 2020, 12:56 AM   #8
RoscoPico
"TRF" Member

Watch: ingMe,WatchingYou.
what would a RSC do upon receiving such a watch though ? scrap the whole thing, or let you know and give you option to replace with authentic parts ?

seems like that is the question that is most key
RoscoPico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2020, 01:04 AM   #9
joli160
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
They will probably give you the option to rectify. Not going to be cheap.

If there are to many fake parts or aftermarket they may decline all together. Best is to send it in. You will get a detailed quote with “must do” and optional repairs
Old 6 November 2020, 01:26 AM   #10
RoscoPico
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joli160 View Post

If there are to many fake parts or aftermarket they may decline all together. Best is to send it in. You will get a detailed quote with “must do” and optional repairs
i see. seems like could be a risky prospect. don't think i'd have the stomach
Old 6 November 2020, 01:28 AM   #11
RoscoPico
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joli160 View Post

hey great taste in watches btw !!
i am on the fence about a dssd right now, want to replace my old sub, but want more size, and feel like the dssd is too busy. thoughts ?
Old 6 November 2020, 02:12 AM   #12
Tikandtokalot
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor BB41 M79540
Auction house arse covered.
Tikandtokalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2020, 03:37 AM   #13
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gironawatch View Post
they buying damage rolex on ebay etc and the repair those with fake parts, and sale it on the auction to inflate price, i presumed they bidin in they own items, but cant prove this,
i send the rolex to the rolex shop to check and came back to me rolex fited with fake parts,

It took you nearly 2 years to provide that context to your original post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2021, 09:13 PM   #14
Agapa
"TRF" Member

Can anyone contact me having had issues with Clowes auction. I will explain in the private message.
Many thanks
Agapa is offline   Reply With Quote