Real or Fake??

A6C76133-8289-4C67-94E3-3091CFEEA63B.jpeg

6E9A057E-E404-4A9C-92E8-187F73CCB330.jpeg
SteveO1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2020, 02:03 AM   #2
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
SteveO, sorry, but there is zero chance we can utilize photos as small as those to answer your question. If you need an answer based on photos provided to this forum, then the forum will need reasonably large photos, and it would help to have more of them.

Instead of asking us, I recommend taking the watch to an Omega Boutique for validation. It's possible that some Omega Authorized Dealers would be helpful (especially those with on-site watchmakers, as sales staff may not always have the necessary experience).

Is it your watch?
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2020, 03:47 AM   #3
Nodzex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEC View Post
SteveO, sorry, but there is zero chance we can utilize photos as small as those to answer your question. If you need an answer based on photos provided to this forum, then the forum will need reasonably large photos, and it would help to have more of them.

Instead of asking us, I recommend taking the watch to an Omega Boutique for validation. It's possible that some Omega Authorized Dealers would be helpful (especially those with on-site watchmakers, as sales staff may not always have the necessary experience).

Is it your watch?
I agree ☝️!
Nodzex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2020, 06:12 AM   #4
SteveO1970
"TRF" Member

No..it’s not my watch. I was looking to purchase. I wasn’t able to upload any better pics due to size restrictions.
Old 27 December 2020, 07:37 AM   #5
Eyenigma
"TRF" Member

If you're in doubt - there's probably good reason. That's a commonly faked model. If you're not feeling confident, just walk.
Eyenigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2020, 08:09 AM   #6
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO1970 View Post
No..it’s not my watch. I was looking to purchase. I wasn’t able to upload any better pics due to size restrictions.
Does the seller have the warranty card or other documents that came with the watch? If so, then photos of those documents showing serial numbers along with photos of the back of the lug where the serial number is engraved on the case should be a good way to authenticate it.

I guess it's up to the seller to prove authenticity, and if this is an experienced seller who deals in watches then I think it's reasonable to ask the seller to prove authenticity.

If no cards or documentation are present, and if this also isn't that sort of seller, then you're probably better off continuing to look for a different opportunity anyhow.

Hope this helps.
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2020, 09:38 AM   #7
Aquaholic_user
"TRF" Member

There's better pictures on ebay item 383872615719. And 1 bid with 3 days left. Apperently authentication is guaranteed if you take the risk. A similar just sold for $2800, I've been watching both. I cant vouch on it being real but I love my planet ocean and I'd recommend getting one.

Sent from my balloon knot
Aquaholic_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2020, 09:58 AM   #8
SteveO1970
"TRF" Member

That is the watch. No papers or cards or box. On the picture of the back there appears to be numbers on the lug. I cant make all of them out but they appear to be bigger than the typical serial numbers that I have seen on the PO lug. Any other expert advice looking at the pics under that item number would be appreciated.
Old 27 December 2020, 10:53 AM   #9
Aquaholic_user
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO1970 View Post
That is the watch. No papers or cards or box. On the picture of the back there appears to be numbers on the lug. I cant make all of them out but they appear to be bigger than the typical serial numbers that I have seen on the PO lug. Any other expert advice looking at the pics under that item number would be appreciated.
Funny you mention the serial numbers looking bigger. I've been trying to figure this out as well. I've seen quite a few PO's being sold by well referenced sellers having serials looking big like this and then some looking like the smaller seamaster type serial. Not sure if its just early version of PO's with this or if its a tell tale sign of a fake. Hopeing a more knowledgeable member will chime in.

Old 27 December 2020, 10:56 AM   #10
Aquaholic_user
"TRF" Member

This is the serial in question.