The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 20 February 2021, 03:51 AM   #31
dg88
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtee View Post
You're welcome, glad it all worked out.

I bought my 112 from them and it was a perfect transaction. The fact they are an authorised Panerai service centre and provide a 2 year warranty gives an extra level of peace of mind.

112 - lovely choice. Yes, those were positives I took away when I was doing my research into Watchfinder - gave me piece of mind.

My watch is a 2017 and the representative advised it only required a light clean and a polish, as well as the timing test and pressure test. I opened the box and was amazed at how NEW it looks. No sign of knocks or scratches they couldn't remove. Really chuffed...

How often should I service the watch? It has an in-house P5000 movement and I understand these are a bit pricier but a do you know (roughly) how much I should expect to pay?

Looking forward to purchasing some straps in due course. O want to make this watch more of a daily!
dg88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2021, 05:44 PM   #32
emtee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg88 View Post
112 - lovely choice. Yes, those were positives I took away when I was doing my research into Watchfinder - gave me piece of mind.

My watch is a 2017 and the representative advised it only required a light clean and a polish, as well as the timing test and pressure test. I opened the box and was amazed at how NEW it looks. No sign of knocks or scratches they couldn't remove. Really chuffed...

How often should I service the watch? It has an in-house P5000 movement and I understand these are a bit pricier but a do you know (roughly) how much I should expect to pay?

Looking forward to purchasing some straps in due course. O want to make this watch more of a daily!
Not sure on servicing intervals or price, should be on the Panerai website though. I have a 564 with P5000 and don’t intend on servicing it until I notice any issues with timing.

I think you may be able to register your watch with PAM guard for the additional 8 year warranty btw.
emtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2021, 08:34 AM   #33
dg88
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtee View Post
Not sure on servicing intervals or price, should be on the Panerai website though. I have a 564 with P5000 and don’t intend on servicing it until I notice any issues with timing.

I think you may be able to register your watch with PAM guard for the additional 8 year warranty btw.
You reckon? I've just signed up to the Panerai website and inputted my serial number on there. It comes up with an option to 'extend' my international warranty but then asks me to take a screenshot of a warranty card - something which didn't come with my Panerai purchased from Watchfinder. Is this ok? My 609 comes with two booklets - the general instructions but additionally a 'Certificates' book which has a 'WATCH ID' page listing the watch reference, case number, sequential number (not sure what this is), milestone number (not sure what this is either!!! It says 'R0754/1500' - perhaps this is the number produced? Do you know?) and finally, the movement number. But there's no specific warranty card... Should I be worried or were they provided more recently and the 2017 and before models had these booklets instead?

Watchfinder are kindly sending me a new bezel protector which I thought was a nice touch given it didn't come with one.

Thanks for your help! Hopefully the 'Certificate' book is the equivalent of the warranty card as it has a further page with what appears to be the (Cypriot) dealer stamp and date (22.03.2017). I would be curious to know how I can find out how many 609's were produced - I don't think it's a 'limited' release.
Old 21 February 2021, 05:50 PM   #34
emtee
"TRF" Member

Yes warranty cards have not been used for years now and the warranty information is in the booklet. I don’t recall having to take a screenshot when I registered mine but maybe they changed the process.

And yes the R0754/1500 means yours is number 754 of 1500 produced that year.

https://millenarywatches.com/panerai-serial-numbers/
emtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2021, 11:07 PM   #35
dg88
"TRF" Member

Cheers Emtee. That's helpful to know and thanks for passing on the article, I spotted that but it didn't reference my serial number starting with 'PL' interestingly. Stupid question but is 750/1500 a good thing? Does it mean it's more limited? If not, I struggle to understand why they would bother stating it as the watch is still being produced?

Doing a timing test at the moment. Initial thoughts over the past few days were I thought it was running pretty accurately but I've just set it again and will check again how many seconds slow/fast it is tomorrow given it **appeared** to be +15 seconds too fast when I checked today. Maybe I'm wrong to test whilst it sits in a watch box but I'll see! Hopefully my results are 'normal'. I'm probably just being OCD and should just chill and appreciate it, but Watchfinder said they did a timing test...
Old 21 February 2021, 11:13 PM   #36
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Congratulations OP, enjoy it
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2021, 09:10 PM   #37
dg88
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post