The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 26 February 2021, 11:30 PM   #1
Max 66
Banned

Submersible 42 Ceramic Bezel

Hi guys, unfortunately we are still in lockdown in UK and it seems that the non essential shops should reopen only after the 12th  April, so I thought that I might find here on the forum answers to the questions I have on the Submersible 42 ceramic bezel PAM 959 e PAM 683 (by the way it seems that also  the Limited Edition, online exclusive, PAM 1209 is still available).

I would like to know if the case 1950 42 mm is significantly thinner than the Bettarini case of the PAM 25 (watch that I owned) and if overall the Submersible 42 looks more compact than the PAM 000 (watch that I currently own).
Max 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2021, 12:21 AM   #2
walds11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max 66 View Post
Hi guys, unfortunately we are still in lockdown in UK and it seems that the non essential shops should reopen only after the 12th  April, so I thought that I might find here on the forum answers to the questions I have on the Submersible 42 ceramic bezel PAM 959 e PAM 683 (by the way it seems that also  the Limited Edition, online exclusive, PAM 1209 is still available).

I would like to know if the case 1950 42 mm is significantly thinner than the Bettarini case of the PAM 25 (watch that I owned) and if overall the Submersible 42 looks more compact than the PAM 000 (watch that I currently own).

The Submersible 1950 42mm case is about 2.5mm thinner than the PAM 25. Here are the different care thickness specs I grabbed from the internet:

959 13.3mm
25 15.8mm
000 14.5mm

The 959 wears like a dream on my 6.5” wrist, which is more oval shaped.

Old 27 February 2021, 02:33 AM   #3
Max 66
Banned

Many thanks Adam, indeed the measures I have found on the web and you have reported in your reply indicate a significant difference between the PAM 25 and the new Submersible 42 models, but looking only at the photos / videos online (I never hold any of these watches in my hands) I had the impression that the difference in thickness was less than 2.5 mm and I struggled to believe that they were thinner than my PAM 000.

Can you comment about the differences on the wrist between your PAM 959 and any professional Rolex or any Luminor 44?   
Old 27 February 2021, 11:01 AM   #4
walds11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Many thanks Adam, indeed the measures I have found on the web and you have reported in your reply indicate a significant difference between the PAM 25 and the new Submersible 42 models, but looking only at the photos / videos online (I never hold any of these watches in my hands) I had the impression that the difference in thickness was less than 2.5 mm and I struggled to believe that they were thinner than my PAM 000.

Can you comment about the differences on the wrist between your PAM 959 and any professional Rolex or any Luminor 44?   
I had Luminor 44s back in the day. They wore very large on my wrist. I have a SubC Date. The 959 definitely wears bigger than the SubC Date and the biggest I’d go. The 1950 42mm wears great on my thin wrist.
Old 28 February 2021, 05:32 AM   #5
Max 66
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
I had Luminor 44s back in the day. They wore very large on my wrist. I have a SubC Date. The 959 definitely wears bigger than the SubC Date and the biggest I’d go. The 1950 42mm wears great on my thin wrist.
So we can say that Submersible 42 is in between Rolex Submariner and Luminor 44.
Old 28 February 2021, 05:41 AM   #6
walds11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So we can say that Submersible 42 is in between Rolex Submariner and Luminor 44.
Yep! Good luck and early congrats