The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 25 October 2016, 03:16 PM   #1
zack777es
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex AP PP Tudor
Icon5 Getting First AP - in UK?

Gents,

Based on my recent experience with my local Rolex AD on getting the Daytona 500 C http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=498665 , I realized that I was willing to spend a bit more than I would normally do to get a good watch which led me to consider my first AP.

With the help of some guys over at a local watch forum, I have more or less decided on the 15400ST blue dial at the local boutique at retail.

Only thing is, I'll be in making a trip to London in a couple of weeks time and with the current pound rate and the 16% effective VAT refund, I'm wondering if anyone can give some feedback on the following:

1. AP Boutique London?? AP website only list ADs ie Wempe, WOS, Selfridges, Harrods and the SC, but no boutique?
2. What's the current retail price of the 15400 blue dial and any idea of its availability at a London(?)/UK boutique

Appreciate any input.
zack777es is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2016, 03:40 PM   #2
benteyboy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zack777es View Post
Gents,

Based on my recent experience with my local Rolex AD on getting the Daytona 500 C http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=498665 , I realized that I was willing to spend a bit more than I would normally do to get a good watch which led me to consider my first AP.

With the help of some guys over at a local watch forum, I have more or less decided on the 15400ST blue dial at the local boutique at retail.

Only thing is, I'll be in making a trip to London in a couple of weeks time and with the current pound rate and the 16% effective VAT refund, I'm wondering if anyone can give some feedback on the following:

1. AP Boutique London?? AP website only list ADs ie Wempe, WOS, Selfridges, Harrods and the SC, but no boutique?

2. What's the current retail price of the 15400 blue dial and any idea of its availability at a London(?)/UK boutique

Appreciate any input.

Check chrono 24 you could score on a much better deal.

IPhone 7
benteyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2016, 05:20 PM   #3
kaiserphoenix
"TRF" Member

Watch: FPJ CO BL
No boutiques in London. Closest bet is the Harrods one. If you go to Wempe, speak to Domique, and say you spoke to Jordan.
F.P.Journe Chronometre Optimum Black Label, Patek 5811G-001, A. Lange & Söhne Lange 1 191.039, Patek 5167A-001, Rolex Yacht-Master 40 Everrose, (Wh) Rolex Daytona 116500, (Blue) Rolex Skydweller 326934, Rolex Submariner 126610LV

IG: tokyo_watch_guy
kaiserphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2016, 10:26 PM   #4
texex91
"TRF" Member

texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2016, 12:18 AM   #5
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Quote:
Originally Posted by texex91 View Post
This is not actually a boutique, it's APs head office in the U.K. And you can only turn up if they know you!
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2016, 12:20 AM   #6
BlueIn2Red
"TRF" Member

Nearest boutique for UK people is Paris! I heard a rumour they are opening one in London, but as far as I know that hasn't happened yet.
BlueIn2Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2016, 12:56 AM   #7
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post
This is not actually a boutique, it's APs head office in the U.K. And you can only turn up if they know you!
I agree--but it clearly says RETAILER.

And yes it says BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.

Anyways, you UK guys know best, just tossing out.
Old 26 October 2016, 01:15 AM   #8
BlueIn2Red
"TRF" Member

It's not a retailer in reality as far as I know, just a service centre (I've been there and it looked and felt just like a service centre anyway!). Probably just a mistake on the web site.
BlueIn2Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2016, 01:27 AM   #9
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyGarton View Post
It's not a retailer in reality as far as I know, just a service centre (I've been there and it looked and felt just like a service centre anyway!). Probably just a mistake on the web site.
Probably.

Just FYI, one can go to Le Brassus HQ and actually purchase a watch there (or could last year). They have an entire room (in-house Boutique) with almost every watch they sell and you can buy on the spot and take with you (we previewed during tour). By private appointment only of course.
Old 26 October 2016, 01:49 AM   #10
AshAP
"TRF" Member

They have an entire room (in-house Boutique) with almost every watch they sell and you can buy on the spot and take with you (we previewed during tour). By private appointment only of course.[/QUOTE]

I've been in that room, it's pretty cool. Also very classy of AP that they don't use the room to pressure people into buying.
Old 26 October 2016, 06:49 AM   #11
jon_jon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyGarton View Post
Nearest boutique for UK people is Paris! I heard a rumour they are opening one in London, but as far as I know that hasn't happened yet.
I have also heard that AP is planning to open a boutique in London, but who knows when that will happen. It is too bad that Marcus is no longer an AP AD, because they carried some rare AP pieces.
jon_jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2016, 07:41 AM   #12
Samui
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post
They have an entire room (in-house Boutique) with almost every watch they sell and you can buy on the spot and take with you (we previewed during tour). By private appointment only of course.

I've been in that room, it's pretty cool. Also very classy of AP that they don't use the room to pressure people into buying.[/QUOTE]

How would they do that if they wanted to?
Samui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2016, 12:55 PM   #13
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Tough to find any popular watches in London now, couldn't find my RG 44 for 3 months after Brexit, blue dial I suspect will be very hard, look on chrono24.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2016, 03:30 PM   #14
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samui View Post
I've been in that room, it's pretty cool. Also very classy of AP that they don't use the room to pressure people into buying.
How would they do that if they wanted to?[/QUOTE]

Ha! I see what you're getting at - I didn't write it very well. I was meaning that there's no attempt at selling at all, for example if you walk into a car showroom a salesman will walk up to you and try and sell a car, I've experienced it myself where they explain how difficult the car is to get hold of then offer a test drive and Boom suddenly there's a car just become available if you want it.

AP don't try any BS while you're in the room, they serve you tea, coffee & chocolates while you are free to try on any watch you want in the entire range.