The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 28 April 2020, 11:14 PM   #121
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

I have been preaching the “Diluted Dawn dish soap” as the best watch cleaner I have been using for years... Newsflash: I may have found a even better and it’s along the same idea.

Dawn Platinum Powerwash Dish Spray” comes in a spray foam pump that shoots out a oil cutting foam that has even been easier and more effective on all my watches. I wanted to use it for a month or so to give the forum relevant feedback. It’s incredible as the foam gets into the links of my bracelets faster and easier. I am now using it on all my wife’s diamonds and it makes them shine like they sat in the sonic cleaner for 30 minutes. My watch cleaning is now about 30 seconds. Spray Dawn Power Wash over the watch, work the foam around and rinse. Dry with a soft wash cloth. Works great on eye glasses too.

Dawn Platinum Powerwash Dish Spray:
About $6 and a bit hard to find with the current ultra cleaning going on.
https://dawn-dish.com/en-us/how-to-w...owerwash-spray
Mystro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2020, 02:00 AM   #122
Yuri.Popov
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner C
I use a little shampoo or a mild dish soap.
Yuri.Popov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2020, 02:34 AM   #123
shipitfresh
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41
+1 for washing in the shower. My wife has been wearing her TTDJ 24/7 for nearly 30 years and my Sub about 20 years the same (except I don't sleep in mine). Never a problem. Both have been serviced by Rolex ASC in BH as recommended. Once, when I picked one of them up I asked about wearing in the shower...they chuckled and said "Anything your body can take, so can your Rolex". My new SSDJ41 I also wore all day (including showering and swimming) except sleeping until it started keeping wacky time (minus 30-40 secs per day) about 2 months after purchase. It's in the ASC until things open up here in California.
shipitfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2020, 07:48 AM   #124
Time2Travel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
Best cleaner for Rolex watches.

I use Windex glass cleaner or 409 in warm water then dry it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Time2Travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2021, 07:40 PM   #125
Tikandtokalot
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor BB41 M79540
Warm water Fairy Liquid " Dawn " and a microfibre cloth nothing fancy required.
Old 9 December 2021, 07:52 PM   #126
Jaypremium
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
I have been preaching the “Diluted Dawn dish soap” as the best watch cleaner I have been using for years... Newsflash: I may have found a even better and it’s along the same idea.

Dawn Platinum Powerwash Dish Spray” comes in a spray foam pump that shoots out a oil cutting foam that has even been easier and more effective on all my watches. I wanted to use it for a month or so to give the forum relevant feedback. It’s incredible as the foam gets into the links of my bracelets faster and easier. I am now using it on all my wife’s diamonds and it makes them shine like they sat in the sonic cleaner for 30 minutes. My watch cleaning is now about 30 seconds. Spray Dawn Power Wash over the watch, work the foam around and rinse. Dry with a soft wash cloth. Works great on eye glasses too.

Dawn Platinum Powerwash Dish Spray:
About $6 and a bit hard to find with the current ultra cleaning going on.
https://dawn-dish.com/en-us/how-to-w...owerwash-spray

I got this when it first released and its my best kept secret!! I finish it off with wrist clean also lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jaypremium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2021, 12:29 AM   #127
Glidelock
"TRF" Member

Watch: SDC4000, Sub LVC
The best cleaning solution I’ve found for a display case shine are the Tears of a Clown. Arguably 2nd only to Unicorn Tears, but trust me when I say those are so much harder to source!
Glidelock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2021, 12:44 AM   #128
SaintMickey
Banned

A nice clarifying shampoo in the shower...perfection.
SaintMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2021, 01:20 AM   #129
RJM25R
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glidelock View Post
The best cleaning solution I’ve found for a display case shine are the Tears of a Clown. Arguably 2nd only to Unicorn Tears, but trust me when I say those are so much harder to source!
I believe you get a bottle of unicorn tears with every stainless sports Rolex now?

But you get the tears of a clown with every Hublot…. Usually when you try to sell it!
RJM25R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2021, 01:35 AM   #130
Bozack90
"TRF" Member

Watch: Out
Quote:
Originally Posted by kieselguhr View Post
Drop of dish soap and water
I mainly just do this on the bracelet only, just a bit of dish soap a small amount of hot water and then maybe if it needs it a brush between the links to get them clean, but only as needed.
Bozack90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2021, 02:21 AM   #131
BMWMotoRider
"TRF" Member

As far as wearing in the shower, this is from the current Rolex website.

“Water is the natural element for a Rolex with a metal bracelet, including the salt-water of the sea and ocean. All Rolex wristwatches are waterproof to depths of at least 100 metres for Oyster Perpetual models, and 50 metres for Cellini models. All you have to do after diving or a day at the beach is simply to rinse your watch with fresh water to remove any salt and sand deposits: wearing your watch while showering at the end of the day should do the trick.”
BMWMotoRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2021, 02:57 AM   #132
Buckaroo Banzai
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 12671
I wash mine everyday when I take a shower. So it gets a combination of Duke Cannon soap and Head and Shoulders shampoo...
Buckaroo Banzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2021, 01:21 PM   #133
JDsnewwatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN with BCL
The best trick I have found is to use Windex (ammonia-based glass cleaner) on the crystal. All of that gunk by the date magnifier comes right off.
JDsnewwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2021, 01:37 PM   #134
Watchesnguitars
"TRF" Member

Soap and water when its looking grimy... Or a microfiber cloth if I want it to shine...
Watchesnguitars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2021, 01:47 PM   #135
tifosi
"TRF" Member

Johnson’s Baby Shampoo. Love it for watches.
Old 10 December 2021, 07:26 PM   #136
Glidelock
"TRF" Member

Watch: SDC4000, Sub LVC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glidelock View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
I believe you get a bottle of unicorn tears with every stainless sports Rolex now?

But you get the tears of a clown with every Hublot…. Usually when you try to sell it!
Hopefully your not speaking from personal experience here! But as stated, tears of a clown are much easier to come by!
Glidelock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2021, 08:29 PM   #137
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolexoman View Post
I use Wrist Clean once a week for my daily wear, yes it’s more pricy than plain Ol soapy water but I enjoy the process of cleaning the watch and it s smells great and it looks great when done
Wrist clean is the quick and dirty (err, clean) solution for me. I hardly ever use it however. I don't seem to need to clean my watches very frequently. I can't imagine needing to do it weekly, for example.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2021, 10:03 AM   #138
Gab27
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
Anything that doesn't leave a residue is great...original Dawn is hard to beat. If it can safely remove crude oil from the skin of animals, it's safe enough for your watch and it is tough enough to remove whatever might get on it. The other benefit to Dawn is when you get home, you can wash your hands and your watch with the same product and then have both clean hands and a clean watch.

That said, soaps or cleaners that do leave a residue are also fine...they just result in buildup over time.

Just don't polish it forcefully with a dirty rag or shirt.
Gab27 is offline   Reply With Quote