The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Grand Seiko & Seiko Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23 January 2020, 10:02 PM   #1
timlaw
"TRF" Member

Watch: Coke 16710
Seiko SPB121J1 2020 Green Alpinist

my new alpinist has just arrived and initial impressions are wholly positive

the dial colour is gorgeous against the gold tone numerals, the cathedral hand set is so well suited to the dial

the compass bezel movement seems to take a deliberate twist to move the internal bezel

the Prospex logo does not bother me

the date window with cyclops aids legibility and the cyclops itself is not obtrusive on the sapphire front crystal

the display back is well executed and the movement itself - 6R35 with 70 hour power reserve - looks impressive - SEIKO and the prospex logo are printed on the glass back

both crowns are unsigned

the case finishing is beautiful with excellent high polish on the case sides especially

it does not seem to wear "tall" at all

I know the leather strap was criticised on the SARB017 for being of poor quality - whilst the strap is still brown leather with alligator pattern as before, this strap seems to be of very good quality whilst still needing a little wearing in like all straps. the leather is not shiny and seems to have no plasticky coating. the deployant clasp works very nicely and is a much better alternative to the pin buckle clasp

all in all very pleased with this pick up

some early phone pictures to conclude

124060 Submariner, 16710 Coke, 16570 Black dial, Datejust 41 Wimbledon dial, Tudor Black Bay GMT, Tudor Black Bay 58 Blue, Tudor Black Bay 58 925, Tudor Prince Date Chronograph (panda dial)
timlaw is offline   Reply With Quote