The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 24 February 2020, 07:42 AM   #1
Rolexoman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Datejust II
Turns to fully wind Ulysse Nardin Marine

I obtained a Ulysse Nardin Marine Torpilleur awhile back and I am curious on winding, it has a power indicator but winding it until it’s at full reserve power seems to take a lot of turns of the crown and I’m wondering if that’s normal.

I have not counted how many turns but if i were to guess I would say 75 or more turns before the indicator points to full reserve power

Here is the time piece in question and the manual does not say how many turns it takes to get there and I don’t want to damage any internals, the watch so far keeps excellent time as it averages +2spd
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 92F2B79C-D414-4DE4-A14F-716884767DD8.jpeg (130.8 KB, 56 views)
Citizens Eco-Drive BL1258-53L Rolex DJII 116334, Tudor Heritage Black Bay 79230R Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra GMT 231.13.43.22.02.004 Ulysse Nardin Marine Torpilleur 1183.310/40 MAS Irukandji Vostok Komandirskie B&R BR0392-D-G-BR/SCA Vostok Komandirskie (Tank) South Bend Model 1 #716632 Vostok Amphibia (Sub)
Rolexoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2020, 09:34 AM   #2
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Like other self-winding watches, it is unlikely that you will damage it by winding, except perhaps if you go crazy about it.

It uses the UN-118 movement with a 60 hour power reserve, so 60 to 70 turns to full power doesn't seem unreasonable.
Old 24 February 2020, 11:13 AM   #3
Rolexoman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Datejust II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
Like other self-winding watches, it is unlikely that you will damage it by winding, except perhaps if you go crazy about it.

It uses the UN-118 movement with a 60 hour power reserve, so 60 to 70 turns to full power doesn't seem unreasonable.
Thanks for the great info, I normally wind every piece I have 50 turns but 50 turns on this one does not give it a full power reserve so maybe a test is in order like maybe I will give it say the 50 turns then see how much I gain by just wearing for the day.

Thanks again for the great info
Citizens Eco-Drive BL1258-53L Rolex DJII 116334, Tudor Heritage Black Bay 79230R Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra GMT 231.13.43.22.02.004 Ulysse Nardin Marine Torpilleur 1183.310/40 MAS Irukandji Vostok Komandirskie B&R BR0392-D-G-BR/SCA Vostok Komandirskie (Tank) South Bend Model 1 #716632 Vostok Amphibia (Sub)
Rolexoman is offline   Reply With Quote