The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 25 February 2020, 04:53 PM   #1
rosss
"TRF" Member

Servicing a vintage Rolex in the North of England

Hi guys,
Does anybody have any experience of dealing with Prestige time services in Lymm, Cheshire? I’m thinking of taking a 1984 16760 I recently bought there for a service.
Or can anybody recommend anywhere else in the North of England? I’ve heard William Rice is good too, but it’s a bit too far for me to drive to from Manchester and I don’t want to post the watch.
Also, anything I should look out for? I’m aware that I don’t want the dial or hands touched, or the case it bracelet polished. The glass has a few obvious scratches, so I’m thinking of getting a new one. Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance.
rosss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2020, 01:01 AM   #2
zapokee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosss View Post
Hi guys,
Does anybody have any experience of dealing with Prestige time services in Lymm, Cheshire? I’m thinking of taking a 1984 16760 I recently bought there for a service.
Or can anybody recommend anywhere else in the North of England? I’ve heard William Rice is good too, but it’s a bit too far for me to drive to from Manchester and I don’t want to post the watch.
Also, anything I should look out for? I’m aware that I don’t want the dial or hands touched, or the case it bracelet polished. The glass has a few obvious scratches, so I’m thinking of getting a new one. Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance.
Have a word with Mike at http://www.theoldwatchshop.com/.
zapokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2020, 06:41 AM   #3
Oscar1971
"TRF" Member

for the last 5 years I use about time watch repair in middlewich Sean is top guy and will do what you say to the letter

https://watchrepair.expert/about-me/
Oscar1971 is offline   Reply With Quote