The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 1 September 2020, 11:28 PM   #1
Wembleyisgreen
Banned

Watch: 214270
The Hulk Bezel was always an odd green-The same bezel is now on Kermit2 Cermit.

If we are honest it’s not a great looking green in certain light. It’s toyish, flat and too light. This is my only criticism as I hoped they improved the bezel. It’s not improved it’s identical. The hulk has the sunburst dial which makes up for the bezel, the cermit is just black. It reminds me of the purple/pink blro. The colors just don’t work. Thoughts?
Wembleyisgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2020, 11:34 PM   #2
jamerson80
"TRF" Member

That's one way to look at it. I tried on the Hulk and felt it was the opposite-- bezel was cool but the dial made it look cheap/toy like to me. Inspired me to get the Harrods BB, actually. But with this new release I've put my name down for the new green bezel to compliment that. Something for everyone, I suppose!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
jamerson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2020, 11:35 PM   #3
mykii
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP + PP + Rolex
The dial of the hulk is special, but the magic is a sunburst green dial AND a green bezel together.

The Kermit is a nice looking, but rather boring and sterile cousin, of the hulk. It is a trade down without question.
Old 1 September 2020, 11:36 PM   #4
MRPWRPATX21
"TRF" Member

Hulk bezel was bad, and is bad on the new Sub. But pairing the awesome sunburst dial with that bad green bezel was even worse than the black dial. It looked like a little kid who thinks that "matching" is wearing 2 different shades of blue.
MRPWRPATX21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2020, 11:37 PM   #5
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

The bezel is a milky kelly/mint green. This has been brought up many time over the years. At times the sunburst dial would change its hue to match the lighter washed out green of the ceramic. This made the LVc work and was acceptable. The green isn’t in the same zip code of a rich full color like the blue on a BLNR, etc... The original aluminum LV bezel is much more true to color.

Looking through my pics, this is kinda what it will look like with a black face.
Mystro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2020, 11:39 PM   #6
Xenon
Banned

Attached Images
File Type: jpg edit.jpg (83.5 KB, 510 views)
Xenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2020, 11:40 PM   #7
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Nothing new, same bezel as it's doubtful Rolex would fix something that doesn't really exist, ie...it was selling without zero issues.
Now one thing to consider, against the black dial I'm sure it will look better, the eyes will register the color differently because of the dark dial.

This happened with the YM2 and BLNR dial, the blue looks darker on the BLNR, it's the same blue bezel. So that may help with those who have an issue with the pastel green. Either way, it will be a great seller and beautiful watch.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2020, 11:51 PM   #8
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
As this hand pic shows, indoors/in the shade the green bezel becomes quite dark and cool and the dial goes blackish, but it is outdoors in the sun that it gets milky, but if you have the green dial sunbursting away then that is not a problem you even notice, but with a black dial you will. Not thought through, just lazy, and the whole white metal sub line has too much of a monochrome look.
AK797 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 12:06 AM   #9
peterpl
Banned

They should have made a completely new green bezel to ensure that it doesnt get washed out or pastel in color in bright light or under direct sunlight.

THAT was the worst thing about the LV. In the shade or in dim light the bezel looks quite nice. Cant say the same for when its under bright light though.
peterpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 12:10 AM   #10
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpl View Post
They should have made a completely new green bezel to ensure that it doesnt get washed out or pastel in color in bright light or under direct sunlight.

THAT was the worst thing about the LV. In the shade or in dim light the bezel looks quite nice. Cant say the same for when its under bright light though.
Rolex has a lot of problems with some of their ceramic bezel colors. That pastel look is in the BLRO and LVc. It looks like they are trying to correct it with the BLRO but haven’t nailed it yet. My wife use to say my LVC bezel looked like plastic. I was horrified at the time but I easily could see how the rest of the world might assume it is some kind of resin. It’s a deal breaker for many.
Old 2 September 2020, 12:14 AM   #11
Mr. K
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykii View Post
The dial of the hulk is special, but the magic is a sunburst green dial...
Remember when they called it green gold for a while? That was fun.
Mr. K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 12:16 AM   #12
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. K View Post
Remember when they called it green gold for a while? That was fun.
I do.
That was when no one, and I mean no one would touch the LVC the first half of its life. It took a forum beating for many years. I got a great discount on mine right before it became fashionable.
Old 2 September 2020, 12:22 AM   #13
peterpl
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
Rolex has a lot of problems with some of their ceramic bezel colors. That pastel look is in the BLRO and LVc. It looks like they are trying to correct it with the BLRO but haven’t nailed it yet. My wife use to say my LVC bezel looked like plastic. I was horrified at the time but I easily could see how the rest of the world might assume it is some kind of resin. It’s a deal breaker for many.
Hahahaha thats funny how you say that. My Mrs used to say the same thing to me as well. I tried to love it I really really did. Sold it off 3 times and I was praying this time round they fixed this.

Disappointed to say the least. They just used a black dial from the LN and put on the green bezel. Seems like a weak way to introduce a new model imho.
peterpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 12:31 AM   #14
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
The bezel is a milky kelly/mint green. This has been brought up many time over the years. At times the sunburst dial would change its hue to match the lighter washed out green of the ceramic. This made the LVc work and was acceptable. The green isn’t in the same zip code of a rich full color like the blue on a BLNR, etc... The original aluminum LV bezel is much more true to color.

Looking through my pics, this is kinda what it will look like with a black face.
I too am relaxing with a quality cigar, the new Cermit is of no interest to me.
Old 2 September 2020, 12:34 AM   #15
DC116710LN
"TRF" Member

Have we confirmed that it is the same color? I've never seen the hulk in person but I tend to like it best when the dial/bezel appear as a deeper, darker green. I'm hoping the new submariner has a darker forest green shade to the the bezel.
DC116710LN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 12:39 AM   #16
Father and Son
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pepsi,BLNR,Hulk,DJ
Happy Hulk Owner here...

I never liked the Kermit until I saw one in person... So when I learned that the Hulk was being discontinued and a Cermit was coming out I was excited and a potential buyer. But that was because I assumed the bezel would be different than the Hulk bezel and more like the color of the original Kermit....

Now that I have seen actual photos and it seems Cermit isn't really a ceramic Kermit but rather it is more of a black dialed Hulk....

Well I believe it would make zero sense for a Hulk owner like me to add this to the collection.

And since we are on the topic of let downs with bezel colors... I saw the pics of the new WG blue sub... It's dreadful in my opinion... I was expecting more of a navy.

The good news- I'll be saving some money.
• ROLEX Submariner 116610LV "Hulk"
• ROLEX GMT II 116710 BLNR "Batman"
• ROLEX Datejust II 116334 (WG fluted bezel/Blue dial)
Father and Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 12:44 AM   #17
m j b
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕& Ω
I had a Hulk, and I agree with all of the negative comments. In certain lights (probably only the bright spots of the showroom) it looked great, but most of the time it looked mis-matched, milky and kind of silly. IMHO. YMMV, etc.

The new one is no improvement and I think looks worse overall.

Disclaimer: Please note that the avatar is not an accurate representation of how I look. The camera adds 10 pounds...
m j b is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 12:46 AM   #18
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Maybe when they run out of old bezel inserts we'll see a darker shade MK2. If the same insert fits both of course otherwise it's just a mistake.
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 12:48 AM   #19
Spikedlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many to narrow
Can we all just agree that CERMIT would be the best name for the new Kermit?
Spikedlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 12:52 AM   #20
Panader
"TRF" Member

I always liked the Kermit better than the Hulk. Looking forward to the new green dial Sub.
Panader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 12:55 AM   #21
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikedlee View Post
Can we all just agree that CERMIT would be the best name for the new Kermit?
Yes, the longer time members will go with that while the newbies and insta freaks will go for shrek and she-hulk and God knows what, Cermit will stick.
Old 2 September 2020, 12:57 AM   #22
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Yes, the longer time members will go with that while the newbies and insta freaks will go for shrek and she-hulk and God knows what, Cermit will stick.
Agree. People used that nickname because of the jubilee bracelet. No reason to do the same now.
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 01:12 AM   #23
Wilmslow
"TRF" Member

New green sub

Ive had my £50 Parnis green ceramic, black face for about 3 months now. Buy one of these! Runs really accurately and no-one can tell its not the real thing from more than 6 inches!
Attached Images
File Type: gif Parnis ceramic Kermit.gif (192.5 KB, 218 views)
Wilmslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 01:28 AM   #24
Rodrigo082
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamerson80 View Post
That's one way to look at it. I tried on the Hulk and felt it was the opposite-- bezel was cool but the dial made it look cheap/toy like to me. Inspired me to get the Harrods BB, actually. But with this new release I've put my name down for the new green bezel to compliment that. Something for everyone, I suppose!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
I totally agreed with you
Rodrigo082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 03:19 AM   #25
Roli4life
"TRF" Member

Long live the Hulk! The new Kermit looks more like a Shrek
Roli4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bezel , cermit , hulk , kermit , rolex