The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 14 December 2019, 05:42 AM   #31
daOnlyBG
"TRF" Member

Watch: yes, it's hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingface66 View Post
Ah, seem, I read that comment, as: "That should have them (ROLEX) worried", which is funny only because ROLEX hasn't ever seemed to be worried about a legion of vintage collectors.

That said, I 100% agree that sellers SHOULD be worried.
That's how I read his original comment as well.

Alas, anyone who actually reads the petition would have seen the difference.
Old 14 December 2019, 06:11 AM   #32
Kingface66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1966 Rolex 5513
Quote:
Originally Posted by daOnlyBG View Post
That's how I read his original comment as well.

Alas, anyone who actually reads the petition would have seen the difference.
Speaking of dealers...particularly, those on this forum who've read either the petition, or any of these threads...all are, perhaps not unpredictably, silent.
I'd think sooner or later one will want to come out and address this in some capacity.
Old 14 December 2019, 07:02 AM   #33
athom
"TRF" Member

But why a petition ? Why Rolex would have to answer...there are so many aftermarket stuff that they could spend lifes answering what they did and not did...

Can't we just rule that all "all blue" are just fake.....?!!
Old 14 December 2019, 07:25 AM   #34
Showcall
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Skydweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by athom View Post
But why a petition ? Why Rolex would have to answer...there are so many aftermarket stuff that they could spend lifes answering what they did and not did...

And dose anyone actually think rolex gives a toss? why would they dignify the dealers in this hoax.
Old 14 December 2019, 07:25 AM   #35
daOnlyBG
"TRF" Member

Quote:

A petition brings our voices together to show that many people care and are aware of an effort to get a response. It sounds cheesy, but for the sake of getting a response, it works. If you can suggest a better method, I'm all ears (or, eyes, I guess).

You're correct that Rolex doesn't have to answer. I would argue that might actually help our cause; after all, Rolex SA doesn't have anything to lose whether or not the bezel inserts are fake. However, the brand stands to gain by contributing positively to the vintage watch community at large, especially by setting a record straight.

It's not lost on me how much of a long-shot this is. However, preemptively dismissing the attempt all together will do more harm to getting Rolex to respond than just about anything else. We can either collectively take a minute or two to read the petition and sign it, or we can just sit back and continue to see dealers make $20-25K off a fake bezel insert while people debate about it. I know which one I'd prefer.
Old 14 December 2019, 07:33 AM   #36
daOnlyBG
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showcall View Post
And dose anyone actually think rolex gives a toss? why would they dignify the dealers in this hoax.
There are literally public records of Rolex SA publicly suing individual dealers for selling fake Rolex pieces as authentic.

So I'll answer your hypothetical "why would they care" with "we can only speculate why, but... they do."
Old 14 December 2019, 07:48 AM   #37
jaisonline
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5 digit models
Probably not. Can't hurt though. Nothing to lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showcall View Post
And dose anyone actually think rolex gives a toss?.
Old 14 December 2019, 10:47 AM   #38
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Quote:

Here here...all blue...all fake? What if someone wants to rule that they aren't fake and want more evidence to prove they are fake?

Rolex can only settle this question. I for one have not made up my mind yet whether they are real or fake, but, stay tuned. I'll present some interesting photo evidence soon ... soon as things settle down here and all the "experts" have said their peace.

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
Old 14 December 2019, 01:45 PM   #39
donq
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610,1675,16030
Send your blueberry in to RSC for service.
If it’s a non Rolex part they will let you know.
Old 14 December 2019, 09:25 PM   #40
roh123
"TRF" Member

Watch: Gilt Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by donq View Post
Send your blueberry in to RSC for service.
If it’s a non Rolex part they will let you know.
Don’t expect normal service people to know everything. This is what started this hype when someone actually sent in a put-together UAE dialed 1675 with red hand and blue insert to NY RSC. The only way this will do anything is by doing what Jed did in the last thread; go to Geneva and have their expert evaluate things.

Starting a petition will not result in anything. Rolex will never ever respond to this. Regardless if the whole internet signs it.
Old 14 December 2019, 09:43 PM   #41
lee fowler
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
Here here...all blue...all fake? What if someone wants to rule that they aren't fake and want more evidence to prove they are fake?

Rolex can only settle this question. I for one have not made up my mind yet whether they are real or fake, but, stay tuned. I'll present some interesting photo evidence soon ... soon as things settle down here and all the "experts" have said their peace.
Subscribed.

Instagram: @lee1563
Old 14 December 2019, 10:38 PM   #42
frackas
"TRF" Member

Thanks for making the effort. Signed!
Old 14 December 2019, 11:19 PM   #43
Verdi
"TRF" Member

Watch: Big Ben
Quote:
Ah, seem, I read that comment, as: "That should have them (ROLEX) worried", which is funny only because ROLEX hasn't ever seemed to be worried about a legion of vintage collectors.

That said, I 100% agree that sellers SHOULD be worried.
Same here, I also read it like that, hence my comment....
Old 14 December 2019, 11:43 PM   #44
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Why wait? Many here have been asking for detailed photos for a week now. Let's see the evidence and put this to rest.
Old 15 December 2019, 03:45 AM   #45
daOnlyBG
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frackas View Post
Thanks for making the effort. Signed!
And thank you for signing it!

We're at 41 signatures. We have a long way to go, but I value each one.
Old 15 December 2019, 04:31 AM   #46
RC2
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 1675
Signed. Just waiting for springerjfp to solve the mystery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member of Nylon Nation
Red Sox Nation
Instagram watchguy97
Old 15 December 2019, 07:44 AM   #47
rootbeer7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 037 View Post
Why wait? Many here have been asking for detailed photos for a week now. Let's see the evidence and put this to rest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC2 View Post
Signed. Just waiting for springerjfp to solve the mystery

Having been on trf for a few years and had some communication with him, his knowledge of the GMT model is incredible. Why should he feel pressured to release any information. I would wait patiently. I’m sure it will be worth it
Old 15 December 2019, 09:25 AM   #48
Onequik135i
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
Signed.
Old 15 December 2019, 10:18 AM   #49
Richard Carver
"TRF" Member

I've noticed there is a signer of the petition called "rich c" and I want to clarify I am not this individual.

I have absolutely no problem with the petition and it's goals but I have no connection with this subject and will not be participating in this effort.
Old 15 December 2019, 10:27 AM   #50
Filipăo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Never too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Carver View Post
I've noticed there is a signer of the petition called "rich c" and I want to clarify I am not this individual.

I have absolutely no problem with the petition and it's goals but I have no connection with this subject and will not be participating in this effort.
Any petition should (must) bear the signer's full name, or at least his first and last.

It is a discredit to the efforts of the heads of this endeavour for signers to give aliases or not to disclose their full ID.

If you want to sign it, SIGN IT RIGHT.

Credibility will go down the drain even further at the eyes of Rolex Geneva.
Old 15 December 2019, 11:22 AM   #51
RC2
"TRF" Member

Petition for Rolex's Response for the Blueberry GMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipăo View Post
Any petition should (must) bear the signer's full name, or at least his first and last.

It is a discredit to the efforts of the heads of this endeavour for signers to give aliases or not to disclose their full ID.

If you want to sign it, SIGN IT RIGHT.

Credibility will go down the drain even further at the eyes of Rolex Geneva.

It’s me. Do I need my whole name? There are Others who did the same or worse. Maybe clear and concise directions may assist.

BTW. A simple here is some advice on how to sign. You don’t have to be pushy with CAPS.

I requested to delete my signature since you are so bothered.

BTW. Rolex will never respond.

Member of Nylon Nation
Red Sox Nation
Instagram watchguy97
Old 15 December 2019, 11:23 AM   #52
RC2
"TRF" Member

Double post

Member of Nylon Nation
Red Sox Nation
Instagram watchguy97

Last edited by RC2; 15 December 2019 at 11:29 AM.. Reason: Delete
Old 15 December 2019, 11:36 AM   #53
RC2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootbeer7 View Post
Having been on trf for a few years and had some communication with him, his knowledge of the GMT model is incredible. Why should he feel pressured to release any information. I would wait patiently. I’m sure it will be worth it

Omg. Stop going high and right on this. Chill out.

Member of Nylon Nation
Red Sox Nation
Instagram watchguy97
Old 15 December 2019, 11:58 AM   #54
daOnlyBG
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It’s me. Do I need my whole name? There are Others who did the same or worse. Maybe clear and concise directions may assist.

BTW. A simple here is some advice on how to sign. You don’t have to be pushy with CAPS.

I requested to delete my signature since you are so bothered.

I think Filipao's frustration stems from people using troll-ish names and (even worse) comments. Though it's preferable people use a name, I think it's better to stay anonymous than to use a crude/vulgar name. At any rate, I'll take whatever participation I can get (and proceed to delete the b.s. comments).

At any rate, I'd like to thank the people who have so far signed. 50 signatures is better than 0, though I will continue working to get Rolex's attention. I'll need people's support here, though.

Quote:
If the petition gains traction, I think my chances are better than what people have been making them out to be.
Old 15 December 2019, 03:36 PM   #55
Bladeshot
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT 1675 PCG Gilt
Quote:
I took a couple minutes and tuned-up the petition as found below. I've omitted parts of it and added verbiage elsewhere.

To any historian, record-keeper, or archivist at Rolex SA, Rolex is hereby petitioned to provide any information available regarding the GMT bezel insert referred to as the “Blueberry” which is a solid blue bezel insert with silver numerals sold and or found on vintage GMT-MASTER 1675/16750 models.

Due to questions and the nature of this inserts legitimacy, this petition is presented to Rolex SA to determine whether this “blueberry” insert was ever made for Rolex or installed on any Rolex GMTs or whether it was available as a service part. We expect that a company with the resources, manufacturing processes, and quality control that Rolex SA should have the records to provide an authoritative answer to this question.

For the past couple of decades, the infamous blue GMT bezel insert that appeared on the market in the early 2000s commanded not only the awe and wonder of many Rolex collectors, but also sparked discussion and fierce debate as to whether these blue bezel inserts (nicknamed “Blueberry” inserts) are genuine, authentic bezel inserts authorized and made for Rolex.

The “blueberry” insert’s authenticity has been called into question in the past and continues to be called into question with prices for these inserts demanding $15,000 to $25,000 premiums for vintage GMTs that have been fit with this bezel insert. Furthermore, in an age where disinformation runs rampant on the internet and elsewhere, various documents have been shared lately that imply the “Blueberry” bezel inserts are not a Rolex product. As an example, this image, taken from Instagram, depicts an alleged letter from a Rolex employee by the name of “Isabelle Humm” who wrote a memo on Rolex letterhead that indicated to her knowledge, there has never been a Rolex all-blue GMT bezel insert. One question that arises now from Rolex collectors is whether the Hume letter is even genuine.

This petition requests that Rolex address the following concerns:

1.Has Rolex ever sold a GMT-Master reference 1675 with an all-blue bezel insert, as displayed in the petition's image
2.Has Rolex ever used, or sanctioned the use of, through its authorized service centers/dealers, the blue GMT bezel
insert as a component available for owner’s to purchase
3.Has Rolex ever sold, either directly or through its authorized retailers, the solid blue “Blueberry” inserts as an
optional purchase to GMT owners

Addressing these concerns will hopefully put to rest the concerns and questions Rolex collectors have regarding the GMT insert referred to as the "Blueberry."

Excellent!
Thanks OP and JP! I’m in.
Old 15 December 2019, 03:45 PM   #56
daOnlyBG
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladeshot View Post
Excellent!
Thanks OP and JP! I’m in.
Thank you Grant!
Old 16 December 2019, 05:55 AM   #57
RC2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daOnlyBG View Post
I think Filipao's frustration stems from people using troll-ish names and (even worse) comments. Though it's preferable people use a name, I think it's better to stay anonymous than to use a crude/vulgar name. At any rate, I'll take whatever participation I can get (and proceed to delete the b.s. comments).

At any rate, I'd like to thank the people who have so far signed. 50 signatures is better than 0, though I will continue working to get Rolex's attention. I'll need people's support here, though.

If the petition gains traction, I think my chances are better than what people have been making them out to be.

Member of Nylon Nation
Red Sox Nation
Instagram watchguy97
Old 16 December 2019, 06:07 AM   #58
Kingface66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1966 Rolex 5513
Well, this petition has already become a joke and farce. I looked at it for the first time today and saw a quote attributed to me, and a signature attributed to me. I submitted neither. So, what gives? Someone is padding this petition by simply adding names and quotes without any authority.

Old 16 December 2019, 06:15 AM   #59
roh123
"TRF" Member

Watch: Gilt Rolex
Quote:
Well, this petition has already become a joke and farce. I looked at it for the first time today and saw a quote attributed to me, and a signature attributed to me. I submitted neither. So, what gives? Someone is padding this petition by simply adding names and quotes without any authority.

Same for me. I didn’t sign and I couldn’t really care about the petition. Rolex will not respond to something like this.

Someone made me Australian though. I welcome the thought of sunshine. It is cold winter here and summer feels far away.

The petition is obviously a joke.

And no; I didn’t make this quote:

Quote:
Dont expect anything from Rolex. Unfortunately we will have to rely merely on the so called archair experts on TRF. Sadly, the real experts staff off forums like ours.
Old 16 December 2019, 06:30 AM   #60
Robtayham
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roh123 View Post
Same for me. I didn’t sign and I couldn’t really care about the petition. Rolex will not respond to something like this.

Someone made me Australian though. I welcome the thought of sunshine. It is cold winter here and summer feels far away.

The petition is obviously a joke.

And no; I didn’t make this quote:
This is troubling.

Is this petition a TRF petition? Or is it someone breaching into the TRF subscriber database list?

Moderators, I’m not a big fan of cyber security. Are you looking into this?
Closed Thread

Tags
blueberry , gmt , gmt 1675